PDA

View Full Version : Hunger Games Campaign Help

Passive Pete
2014-01-19, 04:12 PM
Hello, Playground. :smallsmile:

If you're reading this and are in my campaign, you know who you are. Stop reading now.

I am soon DMing a Hunger Games campaign with three people in it, and I'd just like a few tips. I'm going with some pretty plain stuff so far, d12 for District, d8 for level (+2 levels for careers). It'll probably be the 50th Hunger Games or something. I want this to be as interesting as possible. I want this campaign to be remembered. Here is what I mainly need ideas for:

Map ideas (biomes, threats, vicious dog-thingies)
Tribute builds (feats, classes, personalities)
How to make interesting roleplaying encounters before the fight (Ya know, with Caeser Flickerman. I need a lot of help with this)

Another thing that's not that imported, but would be appreciated, is stats for the Districts.

Please excuse any false facts about Panam. I don't remember all of that off the top of my head. Thanks, Playground!

Chester
2014-01-19, 06:58 PM
As far as creating a map, have you tried Hexographer? (There's a free version).
Create a circular dome, maybe a few dungeons scattered around.

Cornucopia encounter at the start has lower level NPC's straight from the DMG.

Caesar Flickerman is a higher level Wizard--you know, so PC's can't just decide to attack and get away with it.

Annos
2014-01-19, 08:15 PM
How about an ocean hunger games? Ship battles and being forced to work together to use the largest ship you can get your hands on. :smallwink: