PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures

Timberwolf
2007-01-23, 05:55 PM
Not the book.

The thread on most disliked music got me thinking, what's your guilty pleasure, the track you like from the 80's, are you a secret admirer of AQUA (Barbie Girl song), do you listen to East 17 while dancing round the kitchen wearing only your boxer shorts or do you, horror of horrors, listen to the Cheeky Girls before you leave the house each morning ?

Me, I like the Final Countdown by Europe and the Eurovision song contest. There, I've said it, it's all out in the open, I never miss the Eurovision and I like a song from the 80's by a load of, well, I'm not sure what they are.

Anyway, spit it out, what's your guilty music secret ?

Jack Squat
2007-01-23, 06:49 PM
Hmm, I don't really have one. I listen to just about anything anyways, so I don't know how it could be considered a "guilty pleasure."

If I had to pick one though, it'd proabably be Slade's Run Runaway (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQv9n-4KjYE).

Amotis
2007-01-24, 06:01 PM
Mae and Lifehouse. I swear...

Silkenfist
2007-01-24, 06:30 PM
Me, I like the Final Countdown by Europe and the Eurovision song contest. There, I've said it, it's all out in the open, I never miss the Eurovision and I like a song from the 80's by a load of, well, I'm not sure what they are.

Uhm...these are your secrets? I'm disappointed. Europe is OK and the Eurovision song contest has a few decent entries each time. Don't see too much shame in that.

My guilty pleasure... I've been listening to techno for about two years. My brain is nearly recovereded.

Timberwolf
2007-01-24, 06:36 PM
The amount of abuse I've received for liking the Final Countdown is quite something. As for Eurovision, well..... what can I say ? It's hilarious. GO FINLAND !!

Ego Slayer
2007-01-24, 06:57 PM
75% of what I listen to is a guilty pleasure. Though, it's become more guilty and less pleasure.

The other 25% is vice versa... I get to blame that on some of you for curbing my music selection. :smallwink:

It changes... right now I'm guiltily listening to Sneaker Pimps/IAMX songs. Meep.

BTW, Barbie Girl is a hilarious song. I hate it but it's still amusing.

Jack Squat
2007-01-24, 07:02 PM
@^ You should hear the german version. Hilarious; I didn't bother finding out what it said, but from what I've heard it didn't have anything to do with the original song.

Ego Slayer
2007-01-24, 07:04 PM
Why do I think that Rammstein covered it... :smallconfused:
Nevertheless, I have heard that version of it.

EDIT: Nope. Ome Henk did it. o.O

Timberwolf
2007-01-24, 07:12 PM
Rammstein covering Barbie Girl ? This must happen ! I'd even go to a Rammstein concert to see it, And pay money for it. Can't say better than that.

Amotis
2007-01-24, 08:55 PM
Barbie Girl (http://youtube.com/watch?v=rrdtXxzhBWA) rocks. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

ilovefire
2007-01-24, 09:12 PM
I listen to Linking Park.

There, i've come out of the closet, it's open. But it's my dirty little guilty secret. So.

Jack Squat
2007-01-24, 09:22 PM
Barbie Girl (http://youtube.com/watch?v=rrdtXxzhBWA) rocks. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

That was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen, yet I couldn't pull my eyes away. I congratulate you

heretic
2007-01-24, 09:53 PM
Does it have to be musically related?

Logic
2007-01-24, 10:19 PM
I normally listen to rock, so when I say most of Beyonce's work is one of my guilty pleasures, people look at me like I am out of my mind.

Lucky
2007-01-24, 11:14 PM
Eminem, K-OS, and some Tupac.

What? Me? Oh, I'm just here for the Bud Light...

*cough*

Kjata
2007-01-24, 11:25 PM
Pff, I have no guilty pleasure, I schooled these chicks on the bus. They were playing barbie girl on a speaker, and I knew the whole song.

However, i have some wierd pleasures...
Fergilicious
Barbie Girl
The Aquarium cd...

ZombieRockStar
2007-01-24, 11:27 PM
This never leaves this thread, got it?

Ahem... *sings*

Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon
You come and go, you come and go-o-o-o
Love would be easy if your colours were like my dream
Red, gold and green
Red gold and gree-e-e-een

*cough* You saw nothing...

(Logic...your sig...wtf...:smallbiggrin:)

ElfLad
2007-01-24, 11:35 PM
Duran Duran. I normally hate most synthesizer-centric music, but Duran Duran is catchy.

Green Day and Oasis, because whenever I mention either of them, there's usually at least one person who says "OMG They suck! I can't believe you!" as if somebody on the Internet having different tastes in music is a criminal offense.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-01-25, 06:54 AM
Everytime I hear Smack That somewhere I not only listen to it but I just have to sing along...

Edit: Just realized that I have a song by Duran Duran... and I happen to like Sexy Back by JT.

Athenodorus
2007-01-25, 07:52 AM
I think that Tunak Tunak Tun is actually a great song. And the video rocks.
Music aside, I love watching superhero cartoons, but for some reason I experience pangs of guilt whenever I watch them _with_ other people. I think it is the terrible dialogue.

Artanis
2007-01-25, 09:40 AM
I have everybody beat. My guilty pleasure is a techno remix of Hampsterdance that I have on my playlist.

deek a dee dah dee dah doh doh...

MrsbwcMD
2007-01-25, 09:58 AM
Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon
You come and go, you come and go-o-o-o
Love would be easy if your colours were like my dream
Red, gold and green
Red gold and gree-e-e-een

I decided to burn some CDs from iTunes of my favorite '80's/'90's songs. This, I'm afraid, was one of them, as well as "Broken Wings," "White Wedding," and "Almost Paradise." My parents liked the "mixed/light rock" stations as I was growing up.

Machete
2007-01-25, 10:00 AM
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
I love this, 82 seconds of awesome played over 30 times a week.
Believe me, thar be no bettarrr music ta plundar ta.

Also, all the music from the Digimon series. Digimon in itself is a guilty pleasure for me.

zachol
2007-01-25, 10:34 PM
Sir Mixalot's Baby Got Back.

Perhaps one of the better songs to break out into among friends.
Or to just sing along to.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-01-26, 02:43 AM
Oh yeah something else I remembered... I'm 19 and I still watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I get the chance! And I wouldn't mind seeing an episode of transformers but the don't show them anymore =(

Don't you guys sometimes wish you were 10 again?)

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-26, 05:11 AM
I think this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vytxQo1fSZA) is funny.

*hides*

Jerthanis
2007-01-26, 01:19 PM
I don't see why Kharma Chameleon or Hampsterdance are guilty, those are just plain awesome.

My guilty pleasure in music is liking Avril Lavigne (or however the heck you spell that name) when I'm NOT a 13 year old girl.

Starblade
2007-01-26, 01:38 PM
I think this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vytxQo1fSZA) is funny.

*hides*

I clicked on your link. I now think i'm scared for life.

Yet i think im guilty as well of a passion.

I like most all the songs from Any and all Dance Dance Revolution games. I went so far as to hook my game systems to my computer just to record the songs to a cd i can play in the car. Everyone thinks im nuts.

Telonius
2007-01-26, 02:37 PM
"Come Sail Away."
It's true, it's true. :smallfrown:

Wolf53226
2007-01-26, 02:50 PM
And I wouldn't mind seeing an episode of transformers but the don't show them anymore =(

I just have to ask, the original series from the 80's or the newer ones?

Oh, and http://www.transformersmovie.com/
You can all start drooling now. As I am:smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2007-01-26, 05:35 PM
The original series of course %)

OOoo.. yeah, I'm drooling now..!

ZombieRockStar
2007-01-26, 05:39 PM
I don't see why Kharma Chameleon or Hampsterdance are guilty, those are just plain awesome.

1st: I am decidedly alt-grunge-indie-classic. The most new-wave pop I usually get is Blondie.

2nd: Maybe it's just the embarassment that Culture Club brings out my inner dancing transvestite even more than The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

zeratul
2007-01-26, 05:41 PM
i like the song "ms. hilton" by the pen fifteen club, and watch gilmore girls. (im not gay)

Sewer_Bandito
2007-01-26, 07:08 PM
Don't tell anyone but....

:thog: If you wanna be Thog's lover, you gotta get with thog's friends...

I dunno why, I've just always liked that song... :smallredface:

Artanis
2007-01-27, 12:08 PM
This is true. The "guilty" part comes from burning Hampsterdance to a CD, putting it in a player at school, and then moseying off to watch the fun from a denyability-ensuringly far distance :smallbiggrin:

Jibar
2007-01-27, 12:22 PM
Avril Lavigne.
Everything else in my collection makes sense. You got the punk, the indie, the rock.
Then she's just sitting there. And I keep listening to it as well.