PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus] K.I.N.D.E.R.: This House Is Dangerous! There Are Terrible Demons! Ouch!

The Alexandrian
2014-01-20, 02:11 PM
K.I.N.D.E.R.

Kidnapped
Individuals
Now
Dastardly
Enemies of
Righteousness

Explored Locations:
-Umbrageous Private Theater (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16829832&postcount=3)

List of Members, Character Descriptions, Room Descriptions, and Room, Team, and House Assignments:
{table=head]Character Name|Player Name|Room Assignment|TeamAssignment
Naurax (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16723269&postcount=913)|GrandDM|1|?
Eo-1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12268778&postcount=620)|Beans|6|?
Ashe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16833271&postcount=928)|Arkhosia|3| ?
Makaria (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16792815&postcount=918)|Arkhosia|4| ?
Zane (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14374327&postcount=796)|aric_kale|1| ?
Ashara|C'nor|4|?
Filii (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16823761&postcount=925)|Duck999|2|?
Tanar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16280093&postcount=878)|Tanar Aerdoth|2|?
Emmi (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13477604&postcount=741)|OrchestraHc|6|?
Magtok (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9609403&postcount=252)|Magtok|1|?
Kyson (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16720319&postcount=21)|The Mad Hatter|2|?
Natalie (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16743040&postcount=601)|Earl of Purple|6|?
Mika (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16709126&postcount=4)|Zefir|3|?
Khyli (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16585450&postcount=899)|The Alexandrian|3|?
[/table]

Current Leaders:
-Clarissa (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12791521&postcount=679) - Matriarch
-The Operative (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11077280&postcount=447)

Rules (OoC):
-Membership must be requested OoC for any and all interested parties.
-No godmodding.
-No uninvited guests (locations inaccessible from Nexus to the vast majority of individuals).

Rules (IC):
Will be added as plot progresses.

GrandDM
2014-01-20, 02:15 PM
[Wherever the Portal Ends]

Naurax steps out of the portal opened by Clarissa. For a moment, the outline of wings are visible as the energy of it clings to them, but he steps forwards and they disappear.

The Alexandrian
2014-01-20, 02:45 PM
[Umbrageous Private Theater]

Every entity Clarissa has kidnapped should materialize in or in close proximity to a seat (or, conversely, materialize several feet above the unforgiving yet pleasantly warm wooden floor which they shall be hastily introduced to in short order courtesy of gravity) depending on player preference. The room is, as the location tag implies, rather dark. Lavish red tapestries adorn the black stone walls. Subdued lights shine along two aisles which ostensibly lead to two exits in the back of the not so enormous chamber. A completely ordinary movie screen has been fixed to the wall at the front of the theater, patiently awaiting the issuance of the command which will draw all eyes to its brilliance.

Before the show begins, it seems as though Clarissa has afforded her hapless throng kidnappees a moment to compose themselves and acquaint themselves with one another if they so desire.

While Clarissa is nowhere to be seen, everyone may sense that she is monitoring them and that misbehaving would be most detrimental to their wellbeing both mental and physical.

Of course, the Operative may be able to spot Clarissa, situated in the projector room as he probably is. She's leaning quite seductively against a faceless wall of the gloomy projector room, a satisfied smile complementing her every feature. She's happy about something, or so it seems.

"Welcome to KINDER, Operative."

Quoth she most merrily.

"Welcome home."

Devixer
2014-01-20, 03:02 PM
Umbrageous Private Theater

At some point between entering that portal and ending up in the projector room, the Operative discarded the person he was possessing, and now has his preferred body back. He looks down at the rest of the theater, then looks at Clarissa, face and expression now concealed by his gas mask. Of course, she can probably guess how he looks, which is as unreadable as ever.

"They don't look like much," he say, not responding much to the rest of what Clarissa said. He has no home, never did.

Beans
2014-01-20, 03:19 PM
[Umbrageous Private Theater]
Eo (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12268778&postcount=620) arrives and promptly sits down; the very ordinary-looking synth woman even still has her little waist-apron thing from the waitress job Clarissa spirited her away from, though she's emptied it of straws and pencil stubs and change. She has opted to retain a knife, fork, and spoon for the heck of it.

Looking around, she takes stock of the room and her fellow... members.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 03:57 PM
Ashe should arrive, grinning from ear to ear.
When do we start?
The unconscious Makaria and Ashara should be here as well.

Aric Kale
2014-01-20, 04:19 PM
Umbrageous Private Theatre

Zane sits in a chair, remaining silent, as he gently feels the back of his head. With a wince, the pyromancer grits his teeth. Yup, he was forcibly knocked out. In his groggy state of being he wonders where he is, who brought him here, and for what purpose. Zane Darkstar, First Nexian to wield Fearblaze, has arrived, and he makes no move to interact with any around him.

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-20, 04:20 PM
[UPT(o no good?)]

Ashara wakes up shortly after she hits her head on the floor, having been stolen away while asleep rather than truly unconscious, and looks around the room for her lover, though for the moment, she doesn't want to let onto a weakness in front of the other people here, just in case, and sits next to Eo instead, only glancing over at the other Tiefling when she thinks she can get away with it without being spotted.

For now, she's not going to do anything that ought to be considered misbehaving, unless checking herself for any weapons that might still be on her but not drawing any that remain counts.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 04:33 PM
UPT

Filii arrives! He wears a suit complete with a tophat and cane. Actually, he currently holds a longer than quarter staff. Noticing he is in no position to do somehing, his staff turns into a cane. He looks around, hoping he was kidnapped for a good reason.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 04:35 PM
[UPT(o no good?)]

Ashara wakes up shortly after she hits her head on the floor, having been stolen away while asleep rather than truly unconscious, and looks around the room for her lover, though for the moment, she doesn't want to let onto a weakness in front of the other people here, just in case, and sits next to Eo instead, only glancing over at the other Tiefling when she thinks she can get away with it without being spotted.

For now, she's not going to do anything that ought to be considered misbehaving, unless checking herself for any weapons that might still be on her but not drawing any that remain counts.

Makaria will sit next to Ashara when she wakes, wanting to stay close to the only familiar thing here.

Tris
2014-01-20, 04:57 PM
UPT

Tanar appears wide-eyed wearing a brown cloak and holding a wooden staff. His cat, Lena, stands on his shoulders. He quietly takes a seat and tries to go unnoticed.

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-20, 06:37 PM
Makaria will sit next to Ashara when she wakes, wanting to stay close to the only familiar thing here.

Ashara ignores her when she sits down, somewhat obviously, to Makaria, though not so much to those who don't know them, deliberately snubbing her.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 06:43 PM
UPT

Tanar appears wide-eyed wearing a brown cloak and holding a wooden staff. His cat, Lena, stands on his shoulders. He quietly takes a seat and tries to go unnoticed.

He fail his unnoticed task. He is seen, though the watcher makes no response to him. Filii continues to scan the members.

Beans
2014-01-20, 07:26 PM
[UPT]
Eo simply sits quietly and takes note of each of the other arrivals, wondering what circumstances brought them here. Were they as receptive to Ms. Clarissa's offer as she was?

OrchestraHc
2014-01-20, 07:37 PM
UPT

Emmi sits alone in the dark clutching a rainbow camo hoodie. The curly haired teenage elf is choking back sobs. She was not brought here willingly or unconsciously. The monster that brought them all here slaughtered, she fears, at least two city blocks. For her.

She doesn't even know why she's wanted. Why were her "brothers and sisters" chosen? And why is she the only one crying?

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 07:43 PM
Ashara ignores her when she sits down, somewhat obviously, to Makaria, though not so much to those who don't know them, deliberately snubbing her.

Makaria looks rather crestfallen now.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 07:47 PM
UPT

Emmi sits alone in the dark clutching a rainbow camo hoodie. The curly haired teenage elf is choking back sobs. She was not brought here willingly or unconsciously. The monster that brought them all here slaughtered, she fears, at least two city blocks. For her.

She doesn't even know why she's wanted. Why were her "brothers and sisters" chosen? And why is she the only one crying?

Filii notices. Sympathy flickers over his face, but then his expression hardens. He continues to scan newcomers.

Aric Kale
2014-01-20, 07:49 PM
UPT

)(Duck999, check the OOC.)(

Zane continues to glare at everyone and everything, though now he's slightly more awake. I suppose that's better...
For now, he's content to brood.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 07:52 PM
UPT

)(Duck999, check the OOC.)(

Zane continues to glare at everyone and everything, though now he's slightly more awake. I suppose that's better...
For now, he's content to brood.

Ashe slides up to him.
Didn't expect to see you here.

Aric Kale
2014-01-20, 08:19 PM
UPT

Zane closes his eyes and leans back in his chair, trying to ignore a pounding headache which just popped up. And you are? Neither he, nor his player remember when they would've met. He locks his fingers together, each nail burning with black fire, assuming there's no seal in the room to keep him from doing such.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 08:25 PM
UPT

Zane closes his eyes and leans back in his chair, trying to ignore a pounding headache which just popped up. And you are? Neither he, nor his player remember when they would've met. He locks his fingers together, each nail burning with black fire, assuming there's no seal in the room to keep him from doing such.

Ashe. Remember, I made a portal for you?
Ashe replies.

Aric Kale
2014-01-20, 08:34 PM
UPT

Zane nods slowly, vaguely recalling her name. Ah, yes. That came in handy. Sort of. So, do you know who brought us here? His eyes remained close, and the miniature flames on his hands create images of two swordsmen dueling with sword and shield. Again, assuming he can use his talent.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 08:37 PM
UPT

Zane nods slowly, vaguely recalling her name. Ah, yes. That came in handy. Sort of. So, do you know who brought us here? His eyes remained close, and the miniature flames on his hands create images of two swordsmen dueling with sword and shield. Again, assuming he can use his talent.

Some lady named Clarissa. She apparently wants to take us under her wing, so to say.
Ashe replies, leaning on a wall.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 08:44 PM
UPT

After a long time of observing, Filii decides to start conversing with people. He chooses someone he thinks is interesting. Filii rises and walks over to Emmi. Hello, who are you? Filii is doing his best not to let his other side overcome him. He sits next to Emmi, laying his cane on his lap.

Aric Kale
2014-01-20, 08:55 PM
UPT

Zane cracks one eye open. Clarissa? Hah, your life is gonna become hell. Mine too, chances are... He chuckles, then grimaces as his head reminds him that it's still there and injured. You'd Vetter hope you're evilly inclined. It'll make things easier on you.

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-20, 08:59 PM
Makaria looks rather crestfallen now.

Ashara sighs, and leans over to gently wrap her arms around Makaria, kissing her cheek, before standing and trying to gently lead her over to...

UPT

...the elf girl over in the corner, smiling reassuringly, and, if she doesn't seem to mind, taking a seat next to her, a comforting warmth radiating from her skin.

"Hey... You hurt? Anything we can do?"

Ashara is probably only a few years older than Emmi, if that, it should be noted, assuming she's somewhere in her mid-teens rather than just entered them.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 09:00 PM
UPT

Zane cracks one eye open. Clarissa? Hah, your life is gonna become hell. Mine too, chances are... He chuckles, then grimaces as his head reminds him that it's still there and injured. You'd Vetter hope you're evilly inclined. It'll make things easier on you.

I doubt it'll be an issue.
Ashe remarks with a wicked grin.

Meanwhile...
Makaria doesn't resist, looking slightly happier now.
She still sits there.
INTERACTION WANTED!

Duck999
2014-01-20, 09:08 PM
UPT

Filii can tell that the other person could handle this crying teen better than he. He rises and walks over to another person, Makaria. Hello, who are you? Filii is doing great at showing his better side.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 09:20 PM
UPT

Filii can tell that the other person could handle this crying teen better than he. He rises and walks over to another person, Makaria. Hello, who are you? Filii is doing great at showing his better side.

Makaria Edros. Glad to meet you, sir.
Makaria is a tiefling with brick red skin, golden orbs for eyes, an arrowtipped tail, curly black hair, and ram's horns.
She's wearing an orange sweater with a fire emblem (:smalltongue:), black skirt with red trim, and shoes. She also has a slave collar on.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 09:23 PM
Makaria Edros. Glad to meet you, sir.
Makaria is a tiefling with brick red skin, golden orbs for eyes, an arrowtipped tail, curly black hair, and ram's horns.
She's wearing an orange sweater with a fire emblem (:smalltongue:), black skirt with red trim, and shoes. She also has a slave collar on.

I am Filii. A pleasure, I am sure. So how did you get here? Filii sits, laying his cane on his lap. He also wears a full suit with a top hat.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 09:24 PM
I am Filii. A pleasure, I am sure. So how did you get here? Filii sits, laying his cane on his lap. He also wears a full suit with a top hat.

I don't know. Last I remember, I was asleep in bed with Ashara.
She gestures to Ashara as she mentions her.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 09:32 PM
I don't know. Last I remember, I was asleep in bed with Ashara.
She gestures to Ashara as she mentions her.

Aaah, ok. I was actually at a bar, when the kidnapper came. I tried to fight back with my quarterstaff, but my adversary overcame me. I hope we are here with good reason. As Filii mentions his quarter staff, his cane transforms into a quarterstaff, them transforms back.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 09:35 PM
Aaah, ok. I was actually at a bar, when the kidnapper came. I tried to fight back with my quarterstaff, but my adversary overcame me. I hope we are here with good reason. As Filii mentions his quarter staff, his cane transforms into a quarterstaff, them transforms back.

Ooh, neat! I don't have a weapon. I'm a warlock. Ashara's training me.
No idea why we're here.
Makaria replies.

OrchestraHc
2014-01-20, 09:37 PM
Ashara sighs, and leans over to gently wrap her arms around Makaria, kissing her cheek, before standing and trying to gently lead her over to...

...the elf girl over in the corner, smiling reassuringly, and, if she doesn't seem to mind, taking a seat next to her, a comforting warmth radiating from her skin.

"Hey... You hurt? Anything we can do?"

Ashara is probably only a few years older than Emmi, if that, it should be noted, assuming she's somewhere in her mid-teens rather than just entered them.

UPT

Emmi self consciously wipe her face on her sleeve. When she speaks, she's desperate not to break down in the middle of her sentences. "I- I don't know. Do you know where we are?" she asks Ashara. "Or why she's brought us here?"

Aric Kale
2014-01-20, 09:38 PM
UPT - Zane and Ashe

I may have tried to set Clarissa on fire...multiple times. He deadpans in a complete monotone.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 09:39 PM
Ooh, neat! I don't have a weapon. I'm a warlock. Ashara's training me.
No idea why we're here.
Makaria replies.

I heard someone say it would be like hell. Also, it was mentioned that being evilly inclined would help you out here. Filii likes having somekne to talk to.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 09:43 PM
I heard someone say it would be like hell. Also, it was mentioned that being evilly inclined would help you out here. Filii likes having somekne to talk to.

...I guess I count as evilly inclined.
Makaria replies, slightly embarrassed.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 09:47 PM
...I guess I count as evilly inclined.
Makaria replies, slightly embarrassed.

I am sure I count, I am guessing most of us do. I have been trying very hard not to let my chaotic side take over. I can lose control. Filii is obviously fine with being evilly inclined.

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 09:58 PM
I am sure I count, I am guessing most of us do. I have been trying very hard not to let my chaotic side take over. I can lose control. Filii is obviously fine with being evilly inclined.

Probably. I'm pretty sure Ashara counts slightly.
Makaria replies

Duck999
2014-01-20, 10:00 PM
I have been observing others, but no one has been acting evil. Most of us are sitting alone, not doing anything visible. I wonder why. Filii only looks kind of confused.

Beans
2014-01-20, 10:04 PM
UPT

Emmi self consciously wipe her face on her sleeve. When she speaks, she's desperate not to break down in the middle of her sentences. "I- I don't know. Do you know where we are?" she asks Ashara. "Or why she's brought us here?"
Eo comes over with a gentle smile, tapping at something on her wrist. The black device on her necklace projects her words before her in holographic letters that somehow can be read from any direction. Because science.
Miss Clarissa told me I was going to have a chance to do something with my life. Given that I was not very happy beforehand, I feel this is a positive opportunity.
Hearing Zane's bit about the attempted immolation, she giggles soundlessly.
I came willingly, without protest or struggle. Am I the odd one out for doing this?

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-20, 10:07 PM
((Never mind, I was ninja'd.))

UPT

"I don't, I'm afraid..." Ashara replies, reaching out to take Emmi's hand, if the elf lets her. "I don't even know who she is; I was grabbed while I was asleep. And if you mean you don't know if you're injured, I can check?" She gives her hand a quick squeeze, if she was allowed to take it, shrugging a little as she does. "You want to team up with me and Makaria, though, for as long as we can, just in case it's necessary?"

Lord Magtok
2014-01-20, 10:09 PM

"Another kidnapping," Magtok practically groans in distaste, shifting irritably in his seat as he struggles with some plastic handcuffs that he could probably break out of in an instant if he actually wanted to be rid of them. Ugh, this is all so annoying! This unexpected trip to Clarissa's fledgling organization isn't the first time he's been abducted, and if luck continues to run the same way, it won't be the last, either.

"I hate you all so goddamn much."

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 10:14 PM
I have been observing others, but no one has been acting evil. Most of us are sitting alone, not doing anything visible. I wonder why. Filii only looks kind of confused.

Makaria shrugs.

"Another kidnapping," Magtok practically groans in distaste, shifting irritably in his seat as he struggles with some plastic handcuffs that he could probably break out of in an instant if he actually wanted to be rid of them. Ugh, this is all so annoying! This unexpected trip to Clarissa's fledgling organization isn't the first time he's been abducted, and if luck continues to run the same way, it won't be the last, either.

"I hate you all so goddamn much."

Makaria turns to Magtok.
... Who are you?
She asks the cyborg.

OrchestraHc
2014-01-20, 10:29 PM
Eo comes over with a gentle smile, tapping at something on her wrist. The black device on her necklace projects her words before her in holographic letters that somehow can be read from any direction. Because science.
Miss Clarissa told me I was going to have a chance to do something with my life. Given that I was not very happy beforehand, I feel this is a positive opportunity.
Hearing Zane's bit about the attempted immolation, she giggles soundlessly.
I came willingly, without protest or struggle. Am I the odd one out for doing this?

((Never mind, I was ninja'd.))

"I don't, I'm afraid..." Ashara replies, reaching out to take Emmi's hand, if the elf lets her. "I don't even know who she is; I was grabbed while I was asleep. And if you mean you don't know if you're injured, I can check?" She gives her hand a quick squeeze, if she was allowed to take it, shrugging a little as she does. "You want to team up with me and Makaria, though, for as long as we can, just in case it's necessary?"

(C'nor, your post is still valid, even if ninja'd.)

UPT

"I'm not hurt," Emmi says, shaking her head, but not pushing Ashara's hand away. And I- yes. Yes, I do want to team up."

She seems shocked by Eo's message, she doesn't believe anyone could join Clarissa, knowing what she was. "She mentioned my potential, but when I ran from her she left dozens of dead bodies in the streets. She said she killed everyone close enough to interfere." Her eyes water at the mention of the corpses. She talked about them like food. The worst parts are what she didn't see. She has no idea if her friends were among the dead.

"I gave up, and then she had me walk through a portal, and I came in here."

Lord Magtok
2014-01-20, 10:54 PM
Makaria turns to Magtok.
... Who are you?
She asks the cyborg.

Magtok rolls his eyes, putting his whole head into the motion as he turns away from Makaria. "'Who are you,' she asks the most infamous and universally recognized human being in the Nexus. Who am I, indeed. Raptor Christ, could someone please tell this ignorant, fresh-out-the-dimensional-portal foreigner the answer to her question? I'd oblige her myself, but I'm busy sitting in a chair in the dark, waiting to be hypnotized, interrogated, tortured, torture-interrogated, or set on fire by whatever bothersome nuisance put me here.

Is it Gordon? Is he finally coming out of hiding and forcing me to pretend I didn't know he was alive and biding his time all along? ****, I hate that ****ing iguana. It's been at least a year, just come out of your damn hole already, lizardlips! You're not the clever master schemer you think you are!"

Arkhosia
2014-01-20, 10:58 PM
Magtok rolls his eyes, putting his whole head into the motion as he turns away from Makaria. "'Who are you,' she asks the most infamous and universally recognized human being in the Nexus. Who am I, indeed. Raptor Christ, could someone please tell this ignorant, fresh-out-the-dimensional-portal foreigner the answer to her question? I'd oblige her myself, but I'm busy sitting in a chair in the dark, waiting to be hypnotized, interrogated, tortured, torture-interrogated, or set on fire by whatever bothersome nuisance put me here.

Is it Gordon? Is he finally coming out of hiding and forcing me to pretend I didn't know he was alive and biding his time all along? ****, I hate that ****ing iguana. It's been at least a year, just come out of your damn hole already, lizardlips! You're not the clever master schemer you think you are!"

Hey, it's not my fault I barely know anything about anyone in the Nexus! I came here unconscious, and was immediately enslaved! You try learning about the world around you in those conditions!
It's Clarissa, apparently. Whoever that is.
Makaria replies.

Beans
2014-01-20, 11:05 PM
[UPT]
Eo blinks at Emmi's story. That sounds awful... she wonders what it's like to see one's friends possibly die.
She wonders what it's like to have friends to die in the first place.
As such, the synth girl's response is not quite as comforting as Ashara's earlier ministrations. I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know it hadn't gone as easily as it had with me...
And then Magtok and Makaria start going at it and aaaaaaaaaaabeep
[audio input muted]
Eo smiles again. Better than earplugs.

Aric Kale
2014-01-20, 11:25 PM
UPT

Zane stands up swiftly, Magtok's incessant whining having finally driven him over the edge. It doesn't help that he has a massive headache right now...Magtok, will you shut the **** up? For the love of Raptor Christ, just can it, tin-head. He claps his hands and the flames make a small Saturn ring before disappearing. It's not Gordon, dumbass, this is some nefarious plot of Clarissa's making, and your excessive prattling has given me a worse headache than I had before! With that lovely speech done with, our beloved and black-eyed (literally, his irises are black) pyromancer returns to a seated position.

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-20, 11:28 PM
((Heeeey! She had Maera, not my fault that you stopped posting for her... :smallfrown:))

Ashara frowns a little, unhappy that Makaria apparently is having issues with being a slave she hasn't mentioned, but shakes it off after a moment, a pair of wings made of flame popping out of her back, one going to wrap around Emmi, though she won't be burned by it, 'fire' apparently at the same temperature as her oddly hot skin.

"Or me... It's not your fault, though. She was the one who did it, not you. You can't hold yourself responsible for what someone else does. Okay?"

Tris
2014-01-21, 02:16 AM
((Oops, I forgot to subscribe to this thread.))

"I came here more or less unwillingly. I mean, I walked through the portal of my own accord, but it was under the threat of violence. She told me she's going to teach me more magic, but I'm not sure I like the sound of it."

GrandDM
2014-01-21, 02:53 AM
[UPT]

Naurax stands quietly at the edge of the room, watching and listening.

Hattish Thing
2014-01-21, 03:47 AM
Theatre:

Kyson has materialized sitting in one of the chairs, managing not to end up landing on the floor. He's looking about rather nervously, first frightened by the new location and all the new people stranded about. It scared and alerted him, the stress of large groups of people getting to him. He closes his eyes and silently counts to five. This usually calmed and worked. Sure enough, his breathing slowed a bit, and he felt his heart rate calming down. He's clad in a dark green sweater, striped in an even darker green shade along with his nondescript jeans, ripped at the knee. It's certainly rather grungey, though it was the only fashion Kyson was comfortable in wearing. It was all loose-fitting, which allowed quick movement, but not unusual like armor. It worked. His favorite knife is concealed in a pocket, but other than that he's not armed.

He looks about silently, studying the crowd and making generalizations from his deductions. The robotic looking one must be the celebrity known as Magtok. He was loud, annoying, and quite aggressive. Kyson instantly disliked how much noise he created. Loud noises would cause Kyson to panic, and when he was hunting, a sudden panic attack wouldn't do at all. He'd need to avoid that one. Then there was the black-eyed one. That was usually a sing of magic, or perhaps some form of undead. But he didn't look very deadish. Regardless, he was even more aggressive then Magtok was, and seemed to perfectly fit the standard "Alpha Male" slot. He despised that kind of overly aggressive person. He liked quiet, calm, intelligent people. Then he gazes upon Emi and Eo and listens in on their conversation.

Ahhhh. He liked these two. Both decently intelligent it seems. One of them even stated that she went without a fight, like Kyson had. She seemed able, and strong, and intelligent enough to recognize when to fight and when to simply surrender. The others seemed rather bland to Kyson, but at least he has an idea of who they were. Perhaps you ought to speak to the females... They seem to understand what they're talking about... Kyson hears the familiar voice in his head, and nods slightly. Jayspar usually knew what was a good plan.... He had named this particular voice. He had several of these voices in his head, and most would speak quite often. Usually at the same time. It was awfully distracting, but Kyson's learned to mostly tune it out.

He gets out and thinks about the information he gathered. The woman-thing that kidnapped them all was called Clarissa, and was apparently regarded as wholly evil. The victims about ranged from openly despicable to slightly malicious. The power scale seemed to range about as well. Best to form allies as soon as possible, and the best choices seem to be of Eo and Emmi. As such, Kyson moves out of his chair and slowly moves over to the two, slowly speaking in his mostly monotonous baritone voice. You said you came willingly? I... did as well. Kyson is fairly uninteresting in appearence. He has some messy black hair, and some dull blue eyes. He doesn't have any scarring, nor any interesting features aside from his nose, which looks like it's been broken several times. He's plain.

Lord Magtok
2014-01-21, 12:53 PM
Hey, it's not my fault I barely know anything about anyone in the Nexus! I came here unconscious, and was immediately enslaved! You try learning about the world around you in those conditions!
It's Clarissa, apparently. Whoever that is.
Makaria replies.

"...Oh. Sorry, I just assumed...I'm the obnoxious, inconsiderate bastard the Nexus calls Magtok, then. You're entitled to one free punch, if you want it. Clarissa is a poison-spitting, self-righteous psychopath who imagines herself a goddess of chaos, by the way, so I'd be cautious around her if I were you. Magtok explains, ignoring Zane completely. The pyromancer is entirely beneath his notice.

Arkhosia
2014-01-21, 01:38 PM
"...Oh. Sorry, I just assumed...I'm the obnoxious, inconsiderate bastard the Nexus calls Magtok, then. You're entitled to one free punch, if you want it. Clarissa is a poison-spitting, self-righteous psychopath who imagines herself a goddess of chaos, by the way, so I'd be cautious around her if I were you. Magtok explains, ignoring Zane completely. The pyromancer is entirely beneath his notice.

No, it's fine. I'm Makaria Edros. I'll keep that in mind.
Makaria replies.

Beans
2014-01-21, 02:05 PM
[UPT]
Eo blinks, turning her ears back on as she turns to the newcomer.
How did she acquire you? I was recruited on my break from an unpleasant waitressing job.

OrchestraHc
2014-01-21, 02:10 PM
[UPT]
Eo blinks at Emmi's story. That sounds awful... she wonders what it's like to see one's friends possibly die.
She wonders what it's like to have friends to die in the first place.
As such, the synth girl's response is not quite as comforting as Ashara's earlier ministrations. I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know it hadn't gone as easily as it had with me...
And then Magtok and Makaria start going at it and aaaaaaaaaaabeep
[audio input muted]
Eo smiles again. Better than earplugs.

((Heeeey! She had Maera, not my fault that you stopped posting for her... :smallfrown:))

Ashara frowns a little, unhappy that Makaria apparently is having issues with being a slave she hasn't mentioned, but shakes it off after a moment, a pair of wings made of flame popping out of her back, one going to wrap around Emmi, though she won't be burned by it, 'fire' apparently at the same temperature as her oddly hot skin.

"Or me... It's not your fault, though. She was the one who did it, not you. You can't hold yourself responsible for what someone else does. Okay?"

UPT

Emmi is frightened of the wings initially, but when she notices they don't burn her she leans into Ashara. She squeezes her hands at Asharas word and cries. "I know. I know that. But why? Why would she kill so many to take me?"

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-21, 02:28 PM
UPT

Emmi is frightened of the wings initially, but when she notices they don't burn her she leans into Ashara. She squeezes her hands at Asharas word and cries. "I know. I know that. But why? Why would she kill so many to take me?"

[UPT]

Ashara gently wraps her arms around Emmi when the elven girl leans into her, or at least the one not holding her hand. "Because she wanted you. And whether or not you were very important to her, they had no importance at all, in her mind, regardless of that they had to you. She would have done the same to get to anyone, if it were necessary." The tiefling snakes her tail up between them, using the end of it to carefully wipe away Emmi's tears. "'Why' doesn't enter into it; to her way of thinking, it's not a matter of why kill these people to get what I want, it's a matter of why not kill them."

Duck999
2014-01-21, 04:13 PM
UPT

Filii returns to his seat, and continues to listen and observe others.

Earl of Purple
2014-01-21, 05:03 PM
UPT

Natalie is teleported here. She's a thirteen-year-old girl with shoulder-length black hair, green eyes and tanned skin. She's wearing a pair of grey joggers and a red jumper. The bottoms of her trousers and her bare feet are spattered with fresh vomit, and she looks to be in shock.

Arkhosia
2014-01-21, 05:04 PM
UPT

Natalie is teleported here. She's a thirteen-year-old girl with shoulder-length black hair, green eyes and tanned skin. She's wearing a pair of grey joggers and a red jumper. The bottoms of her trousers and her bare feet are spattered with fresh vomit, and she looks to be in shock.

Makaria notices her.
She darts over.
Miss, are you okay?

Earl of Purple
2014-01-21, 05:32 PM
UPT

The girl shakes her head, shaking in disgust, shock and confusion. She's just seen something that has absolutely horrified her, and she's not yet recovered enough to talk about.

Arkhosia
2014-01-21, 05:35 PM
UPT

The girl shakes her head, shaking in disgust, shock and confusion. She's just seen something that has absolutely horrified her, and she's not yet recovered enough to talk about.

Makaria offers a hand to pull her up.

Earl of Purple
2014-01-21, 06:01 PM
UPT

Natalie is pulled up, but her legs shake so much she quickly sinks back down. "She... She ripped that badger up, and was eating it. But it wasn't dead. None of them were, not the squirrels, not the birds, not the badger. Oh, my eyes."

Arkhosia
2014-01-21, 06:05 PM
UPT

Natalie is pulled up, but her legs shake so much she quickly sinks back down. "She... She ripped that badger up, and was eating it. But it wasn't dead. None of them were, not the squirrels, not the birds, not the badger. Oh, my eyes."

Malaria tries to keep her up.
She looks pretty horrified about that.
Oh. I can understand why you're frightened.

Earl of Purple
2014-01-21, 06:15 PM
UPT

Natalie shudders, but if Makaria tries hard enough she won't sink down again. "I see it when I close my eyes. I don't want to close my eyes. Not ever, ever again. Never." She is still absolutely shocked, and can't stand up on her own again.

OrchestraHc
2014-01-21, 07:15 PM
UPT

That makes her feel less responsible at least even if it doesn't make her feel better. She lets out a last shuddering sigh before pulling away. "Thank you," she says, nodding to Ashara, showing that she's stopped crying.

"But I think someone else needs help," Emmi says turning to the scene with the new girl. This is horrible. She's even kidnapping children!

Arkhosia
2014-01-21, 07:55 PM
UPT

Natalie shudders, but if Makaria tries hard enough she won't sink down again. "I see it when I close my eyes. I don't want to close my eyes. Not ever, ever again. Never." She is still absolutely shocked, and can't stand up on her own again.

Makaria continues trying to keep her up, and will be too tired to do so in 4 turns. Well, I'm here, Ashara's here, that person who can't talk is here, that other person is here. We'll stick together, alright?

Beans
2014-01-21, 08:24 PM
[UPT]
Eo smiles softly at Emmi, then comes over to the traumatized girl. She gives a soft frown, but doesn't look as empathetic as some of the others. Just putting a hand on the girl's head gently, she gives her another soft, sort of bland smile.
It's going to be okay now.
Yeah, she's... in the house with the crazy monster lady's other kidnap victims and at least two willing detainees. Things are clearly looking up. :smalltongue:

Lady Serpentine
2014-01-21, 09:27 PM
[UPT]

"You're right... And you're welcome, too. C'mon, let's get over there..." Ashara heads over to the new girl, glancing back at Emmi as she goes if she doesn't come along, or sticking close to her if she does, and, if she can do so without interference, sits down and puts her arms out to catch Natalie when she's close enough, motioning to Makaria to let go of the girl once she has; if it all goes according to plan, Natalie should end up gently lowered into a soothingly warm lap.

"Hey... You've got people here for you now, alright? Makaria and these two and me, we're gonna keep you as safe as we can. Alright?"

Tris
2014-01-22, 12:11 AM
UPT

"Gosh, this is all horrible!" Tanar paces around frustrated with everything. "I mean, when she sent me here, I didn't like that. I was being forced after all, but now she's traumatizing children and murdering dozens of innocent people." Then, more quietly, he says "We need to get out of here somehow."

While, he speaks, Lena jumps off of his shoulder and approaches the traumatized girl and rubs up against her while purring a loud rumbling purr.

Aric Kale
2014-01-22, 12:33 AM
UPT

Zane is fine with ignored, right now he's just tired, so he takes a nap. Yup, he leans back in his chair, closes his eyes, and rests.

Hattish Thing
2014-01-22, 02:27 AM
UPT

Kyson glances over with a slow and assessing gaze, looking over the young girl. Clarissa had spoken of death, and destruction, and a gathering of evil. Evil would be a requirement. Or, at least, the capability of powerful evil. Which means that this little girl would have to be one of the two choices. Evil. Or easily corruptible. And this Clarissa seems rather talented at corrupting the minds of the weak. She frightened him, a man who often sees apparitions and hears voices. He could only imagine how terrifying Clarissa would be to such a young girl. Either way, he didn't trust her.

[UPT]
Eo blinks, turning her ears back on as she turns to the newcomer.
How did she acquire you? I was recruited on my break from an unpleasant waitressing job.

He turns back to Eo, before offering a small smile. There's no feeling in it, and it's fairly easy to see. However, it is a friendly gesture. He replies simply. Well, I was sleeping. He was quite tired and probably needed a long nap.

UPT

"Gosh, this is all horrible!" Tanar paces around frustrated with everything. "I mean, when she sent me here, I didn't like that. I was being forced after all, but now she's traumatizing children and murdering dozens of innocent people." Then, more quietly, he says "We need to get out of here somehow."

While, he speaks, Lena jumps off of his shoulder and approaches the traumatized girl and rubs up against her while purring a loud rumbling purr.

To this, Kyson turns and speaks. Not really horrible. We're not being tortured or hurt. No one's dying. We should probably just sit, and calm down, and wait. There's nothing to do but wait. Clarissa was strong enough to gather us all here in the first place, some against their will. Which means.... she's certainly strong enough to keep her here, in her own home territory. We're not prey. But we're most likely being assessed. It's... what I would do at least...

UPT

Zane is fine with ignored, right now he's just tired, so he takes a nap. Yup, he leans back in his chair, closes his eyes, and rests.

He glances over and somewhat smiles. It was nice to see the formerly frighteningly loud warrior calm and napping.

Tris
2014-01-22, 02:51 AM
To this, Kyson turns and speaks. Not really horrible. We're not being tortured or hurt. No one's dying. We should probably just sit, and calm down, and wait. There's nothing to do but wait. Clarissa was strong enough to gather us all here in the first place, some against their will. Which means.... she's certainly strong enough to keep her here, in her own home territory. We're not prey. But we're most likely being assessed. It's... what I would do at least...

"I just... I don't like all this, but I guess we don't have much of a choice." Tanar frowns and takes a seat.

Earl of Purple
2014-01-22, 02:53 PM
UPT

Natalie is quickly held in Ashara's lap. She'll turn to hug the Tiefling, gripping quite tight, though one of her hands slips down to stroke Lena. If any of those close enough have the relevant senses, they will detect she is a trainee Conjurer and also a latent natural shapeshifter, capable of taking shapes she has taken before but not capable of taking new shapes for herself. Presently, her shapes are a spider-monkey, an American tit/chickadee, a chameleon, an otter and a sloth-girl.

OrchestraHc
2014-01-22, 09:36 PM
UPT

Emmi does indeed follow, her footsteps the sound of roller skates knocking the carpet beneath their feet. She doesn't have much more to add to this situation than presence.

Zefir
2014-01-23, 12:51 AM
UPT

And there is another person poping up on the scene. As she comes out of the portal, she turns arund in the air to catch her fall and land on her feet. The new woman is easily identified as a kitsune. Her fox tail and ears with the orange fur twitch as she scans the new area. She hurries to take a seat, wondering a bit how many people got there. She thought her host lives alone.

Beans
2014-01-23, 09:27 AM
[UPT]
Since the new girl is being cared for, Eo stands by priority #2, Emmi. Of course, she's not all that good at empathizing so she just sort of... stands near her in hopes that somehow that will make her vaugely more okay.
... You're trying, Eo, you're trying.

Zefir
2014-01-27, 05:12 PM
UPT

With a bit of time passing bye, the kitsune lady seems more and more flustered. She looks at the stage the whole time, barly taking notice of anyone around right now. She seems to wait for something and can't wait for it much longer.

Duck999
2014-01-27, 05:35 PM
UPT

Filii looks bored. He cannot wait until he gets to do something.

The Alexandrian
2014-02-05, 03:08 AM

At some point between entering that portal and ending up in the projector room, the Operative discarded the person he was possessing, and now has his preferred body back. He looks down at the rest of the theater, then looks at Clarissa, face and expression now concealed by his gas mask. Of course, she can probably guess how he looks, which is as unreadable as ever.

"They don't look like much," he say, not responding much to the rest of what Clarissa said. He has no home, never did.

[Umbrageous Private Theater - And Now For Our Feature Presentation!]

A smug Clarissa, a sage gleam concealed in her enthralling emerald eyes, saunters over to the viewing window through which the light of the projector would pass. As she surveys the force she has assembled, she permits herself to smile cheerily. She is, evidently, quite pleased with what she sees.

"Appearances can be most deceiving, Operative. You and I understand this truth far better than most. While these individuals may not seem like much now, I assure you that they have the potential to eradicate the gods themselves. Each and every one. Down to the last."

"They are unrefined annihilation. While their simplicity is beautiful in and of itself, their quality shall become ever the more perceptible as they are honed and subsequently polished."

Clarissa steps over to the projector for but a moment and flicks a solitary switch before retreating to the aft end of the chamber, thereby ensuring that she will not accidentally block The Operative's view of the imminent show.

The solid white movie screen covering the foremost wall of the room flickers to life without much of a warning of which to speak. Numbers flash upon the screen in the center of a circle which is continually sliced away until not a trace of it remains.

Act I
Scene I
As the scene opens, Clarissa is seated behind a shiny, futuristic metal table. The front of the table is decorated with an equally shiny silvery logo reading "Space Channel 5". The wall behind her seems to be a greenscreen, though no image is being displayed upon it. The primary sources of color in the scene are splatters of blood upon the green screen, streams of blood trickling off of the table, and Clarissa's violet top which is stained with a splotch of blood here and there. Indeed, much of Clarissa's clothing is soaked in a fresh coat of blood yet not a drop has stained her flawless flesh.

Clarissa flashes a radiant smile at the camera that if not for her blood drenched clothing wouldn't seem at all malevolent but...welcoming? Yes, welcoming. Her current expression is one of genuine niceness, by which I mean to imply that her expression appears to be completely unfitting given her surroundings.

Without much ceremony, she addresses the audience.

"Greetings, children. I am Clarissa, AMENite extraordinaire, escaped monster from Umbrella, creator and destroyer of a multiplicity of realities, and your kidnapper for however many hours have elapsed between the second that I tore you from the drab, sad, and meaningless lives you used to lead which you are free to recall but not to return to, I fear."

"So I suppose that the questions on everyone's respective minds are, Clarissa, why did you kidnap me and what do you want with me? I think you'll find that the answers to your questions are shockingly straightforward."

"I've told you you're special...or I've told the vast majority of you that you are special in any case. You have power potentials unlike those of any other beings in the Nexus. You could be more than gods and goddesses one and all with the proper training, and indeed, this is what I would see you become."

She pauses before pressing forward, as if determining how she might best phrase that which she is to declare.

"The gods and goddesses who rule at present are disappointments and failures. They encourage and directly contribute to suffering the likes of which few of you can as of yet even begin to fathom. You're nothing but pawns to them. Toys to be played with and disposed of as they see fit. Some of you have certainly experienced this. What kind of god would take the parents from a child leaving her totally alone in the world? What kind of god gets his sick kicks tormenting people, laughing as they suffer and taking deviant pleasure in their pain? They take and they inflict. They chortle as you bleed. What kind of god would allow their creation to be warped and twisted, exploited and harassed, to see men become animals forever struggling to keep themselves not only from falling prey to vice but from falling prey to each other? What kind of god would see their children lead purposeless, empty lives where they would be anything but happy. They are tyrants and oppressors. They have abandoned their children. Through this dereliction, they have let me have you...or let you have me as would seem to be the case. Their human counterparts, the gods among men, are little better. They, like the heartless idols they worship, only care for their own amusement and pleasure. All people are their means to an end, tools to be applied however they see fit."

"They claim that their negligence is not their fault. They claim that they only allow their creation free will. I ask you this, does free will give one the right to hack and slice at another until her innards spill out upon the chilled ground in full view of her parents and siblings?"

"No. None of these things should be. Yet they are. They are."

"Some of you hate me. Some of you will always hate me. Those of you who would hate me, know that I am a testament to their wickedness. I acknowledge that as much as they are, I am. I was not always this way, but I was made into this as punishment! Punishment because I felt your suffering! Punishment because your suffering caused me unbearable pain and I did everything in my power to put an end to it. And now I am your greatest tormentor."

"I am as much a toy and a slave to them as you are. In that, we are also alike."

"Our situation is not hopeless. Together, we can bring about an empire of virtue, a golden age without suffering where everything is right and ideal. Our goal is to create heaven upon earth."

"The path to this goal with be both bloody and taxing. We must sacrifice so much, but to be gods in your own right, not just titular, shameful 'gods' but true saviors and protectors of your creation creating a paradise in memory of those we love and those we've lost should, in the end, should make it all worth it."

The movie screen fades to black. The sound of a door opening at the back of the theater can be heard as the house lights are activated.

Tris
2014-02-05, 03:28 AM
[UPT]

A puzzled look is on Tanar's face as he watches the film. It is not what he expected. He doesn't know what to make of Clarissa now. He feels almost as confused as when he first appeared in the Nexus not long ago.

When he hears the door opening, he turns around with no idea of what to expect.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-05, 03:40 AM
Theatre

Kyson notices the screen beginning to turn on, and slowly sits back down again, rubbing his eyes at the bright light produced by the screen. He'd had a long day and a late night of hunting. He really just wanted to sleep... He grips the arms of the chair softly, rubbing at the soft material on it. This was a nice theatre. It was a comfortable chair too, and it was just dim enough to take a nap... Maybe if he just took a quick nap no one would notice... His eyes close and he attempts to relax. However, Clarrissa begins to speak on-screen, and her captivating speech is more than enough to have him at attention. She speaks of gods and goddesses, ruling over mortals like him.

Kyson was never a religious man, despite his father having been a devout believer of some Nexusian Deity. He didn't believe a god could exist in a world full of such filth. Perhaps powerful individuals, sure. But no gods. No great rulers.... no great creators. Nevertheless, Clarissa's words are inspiring. Kyson never was one to lust for power, but her speech certainly makes him wonder what it'd be like to be powerful enough to be perceived as a god... to be worshiped... Then, her speech is over, and a variety of stimuli bombard his senses. He blinks for a bit due to the sudden light, and his hand goes to the dagger at his belt at the sound of the door.... This Clarissa was one to be feared and respected. And he'd be sure to be cautious.

Beans
2014-02-05, 08:55 AM
[Theatre]
Eo watches this movie, listening to Clarissa go on about gods and goddesses and how they've failed, how KINDER is going to create an earthly paradise.
Some people would have been terrified. Some would be incredulous.
She... finds her cheeks flushed orange, her smooth white palms dampened with perspiration.
Biting her lip, the synthgirl considers the very real possibility that she has fallen in love with a raving megalomaniac.
She giggles near-silently, finding herself... okay with that.

Aric Kale
2014-02-05, 09:14 AM
UPT

Zane watches the video with disinterest. He has no desire to be a god, and emotional appeals have little to no effect on him. All in all, 2/5 stars, would not recommend. The pyromancer doesn't even turn his head at the sound of the opening door. On the bright side, his wound has healed. That was fast.

)(loved it, Alex. That was awesome, ignore Zane's constant state of meeeh)(

Duck999
2014-02-05, 09:22 AM
UPT

Filii rolls his eyes. After that long and boring opening speech, if anybody here is sadistic... Thats all the gods are. Sadistic men in every way, except that they can cause pain in more ways than men can. As the door opens he turns, hoping for something not boring.

Devixer
2014-02-05, 01:33 PM
Projector Room

The Operative watches Clarissa's speech with no particular interest in the central message. Becoming a god has never really been his goal in the Nexus. But then again, his own attempt at gaining influence as a leader had fallen through because there was no common goal. Maybe this was his solution, to take his own position from under somebody else.

After the feature, he turns to see if Clarissa is still in the projector room with him.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-05, 02:07 PM
UPT

Magtok frowns. If there's one thing that annoys him, it's a self-righteous Clarissa. Well, actually, a self-righteous Reinholdt would be the one thing, but a self-righteous Clarissa wouldn't be too far behind. Goddamned rapists, apocalypse-instigators, and spree killers. He finally gets around to trying to send a signal to the other MagClones, hoping that Clarissa didn't bother to ward this place against communications with the outside world, and just assumed nobody would dare try.

"'The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.' Hannah Arendt. I have no idea who that is, but the part of my brain devoted to quotes claims she said that. The only difference between Clarissa and the gods she so hates is a power discrepancy. Suddenly being able to shoot lightning out her rear isn't going to change that she's a **** person who will do just as many **** things, if not more, given the power to do so." The cyborg remarks, chafing against his binds.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-05, 03:10 PM
UPT

"Rraagh!"

With that half grunt of effort/ half cathartic scream, a red rollerskate flies through the air up to the projection both, only to bang against the window. Tracing it's trajectory back well lead the eye to Emmi Amaril, holding her other rollerskate in her hand.

That was why all those people had to die? Why a child had to be kidnapped? Some hypocritical, rage against the gods, change the world, Light Yagami bullcrap?! She's slave to no-one. She's a psychotic hypocrite!

And she was wrong! Utterly, stupidly, psychotically wrong! You don't kidnap people to make the world a better place. Bloodshed doesn't make the world better. It's the literal opposite.

She was wrong about Emmi too. It's a selfish line of thought, but when she asks "Why me?" and all she gets is."You're special," she's not inclined to believe it. She's not a messiah, she's a graffiti artist. She's not even the good kind of elf. If she lives to be three hundred, she'll age the whole way, and she has no special magic to speak of. This woman... This monster is crazy.

When that door opens Emmi turns her head. She's almost surprised she finds herself hoping it's Clarissa, but she holds onto the feeling. She has a skate she wants to show Clarissa.

Earl of Purple
2014-02-05, 06:41 PM
UPT

Those near Natalie might see her eyes flash with anger when Clarissa mentions the bit about parents. What gives that monster the right to pour salt on the still-quite-fresh wound of her father's death?

A red glow encases Natalie's hand as she prepares a Conjuring spell when the door opens, but she keeps it prepared and uncast as she's never actually summoned a creature and, at the minute, her fear of miscasting and summoning something that wants to eat her flesh and/or soul currently equal with her fear of what might have just entered.

The Alexandrian
2014-02-06, 12:47 AM
[UPT]

While the sleepy throng of kidnapees is certainly free to act as they please, there are appropriate punishments for misbehaving. Emmi may regret so churlishly chucking one of her rollerskates at the window as the other might melt into a hot puddle of goop oozing through her fingers. While the slimeskate isn't searingly hot, it may cause Emmi some...mild...discomfort.

As for Magtok and his attempt to broadcast an S.M.S. (Save My Skin) to the Mag collective so that they might mount a daring rescue to whisk him away from this minor misadventure, he may realize that, while his messages are not actively blocked by any manufactured device or apparatus, there is no one for him to contact. There are no other Magtoks (or anyone outside of this house for that matter) here (wherever here is). He is well and truly alone.

What's worse, neither his attempt nor his remark have gone unnoticed. A reddish ball gag materializes in the formerly empty air several inches in front of him. It dangles there for a dozen seconds before attempting to drop ever so gently into his lap where it attempts to rest until it is needed (if it will be needed).

The click and clack of light and sprightly steps upon a wooden floor may be heard as someone enters the room. Much to the chagrin of some, it is not Clarissa who enters the room, but another creature entirely.

And what a creature at that.

Khyli strides forward, eventually positioning herself to the front and center of the crowd. She doesn't waste any time examining them, her eyes focused on a thin strip of white paper upon which a list has been handwritten.

Her voice, heavenly and charming (to such an extent that upon hearing it, sirens would throw themselves onto the land), might soothe the more savage and distraught entities present.

"Your room keys have been placed underneath your chairs along with a map of this house. If you want to explore, please bring a buddy with you as not all of the rooms of this house are safe. The only room in this house that is off-limits is the sealed room. You'll know that room when you see it. You have thirty minutes to locate your rooms and acquaint yourselves with your room buddy after which you will sleep until you wake tomorrow to a warm breakfast after which your training shall begin. You are now dismissed."

Khyli crumples up and discards the strip of paper, takes a moment to observe the kidnapees, and executes a double take upon noticing just how many people her mom collected for this project of her's. Woah. She must have been really, really busy.

"Oh. Oh! I almost forgot! Everyone who behaves well will be joining me for a trip to the Carnevil at the end of the week."

Clarissa, needless to say, has not yet left the projector room, though she motions for The Operative to join her near the door. Her right hand was encircled by a ring of bright violet light as she cast two spells earlier.

"So I'm curious, what did you think about the message? Do you think it was enticing, semi-noble, and open to enough interpretation that I can tailor it to whatever I need to tailor it to without a hitch or hassle?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-06, 12:53 AM
UTP

Makaria looks kinda frightened.
Then Khylie appears.
She moves closer to Ashara after grabbing a key and map.
Let's try to stick together, okay?
She asks, reaching out to take her hand.

Devixer
2014-02-06, 01:47 AM
Projector Room

The Operative moves toward the door, keeping some distance from Clarissa. "A lot of words to convey a vague message of attaining some form of godhood. It may work for a time with some of these people, but only for now. And there will be some belligerents," he says. "What do you plan to do with them?"

Beans
2014-02-06, 01:53 AM
[UPT]
Eo listens to Khyli's little spiel, but Emmi's current predicament of slimeskate concerns her! Stuffing her key and map into her waist-apron, she pulls out a cloth napkin and offers to clean off the nasty hot mess from the girl's hand. Her other hand is tapping away at her bracelet, typing out a message for her projector.
I don't think we should do things that make Clarissa angry... would you like to stick with me? It's probably safest not to be alone. She gives the elf girl another one of those smiles, bland as plain soda water.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-06, 06:51 AM
UPT

Emmi let's out a surprised scream as her skate fell to slime. As the skate plops on the floor, she tries to wipe it off on her hoodie. She doesn't object to Eo's help. "I don't care if she's angry. Let her be upset for twenty seconds instead of me."

Her only real regret is having to walk around in her rainbow socks. No, before you ask, nothing she wears is not rainbow or tie-die.

She checks under her chair to find her key and map. "But yes, I could use some help. Thank you," she says as she stands back up.

Zefir
2014-02-06, 06:58 AM
[UPT]

The kitsune just watches the movie, not really nitcing the blood and the fact Clarissa might have kiled a few people before starting the record. others might notice her hanging on her lips. She is still effected by the charm and doesn't need more. As the movie is over she applaud, not taking note of the opened door until someone speaks up over there.

She takes the key and map and rushes outside in hope beeing the first one grants a special prize like having clarisa her room mate.

Duck999
2014-02-06, 07:38 AM
[UPT]

The kitsune just watches the movie, not really nitcing the blood and the fact Clarissa might have kiled a few people before starting the record. others might notice her hanging on her lips. She is still effected by the charm and doesn't need more. As the movie is over she applaud, not taking note of the opened door until someone speaks up over there.

She takes the key and map and rushes outside in hope beeing the first one grants a special prize like having clarisa her room mate.

Filii sees this and sprints on an intercept course. He attempts to grab th other. If he succeeds, or manages to slow the other, he will say

Stop! Are you an idiot? She said buddy system. No matter how dumb it sounds, we don't want our leader angry at us the first day. Did you see that everyone else was punished for the mildly bad, not even breaking rules.

Aric Kale
2014-02-06, 08:50 AM
Umbrageous Private Theatre

Zane continues to show nothing more than boredom, almost like he's been practicing. It helps that he used to serve under the villainous cyborg, Enshadu. Still, he takes careful note of the reactions around him, and the responses they earn. Once that's done with, he looks under his seat and slowly turns his head, looking for a possible "buddy."

)(Editing grammar, spelling and sentences that make me wonder how tired I was when I wrote this...)(

Lord Magtok
2014-02-06, 01:10 PM
UPT

Magtok knocks the ball gag out of his lap, and attempts to crush it beneath his heel whilst peering at his new key and map. If everyone's key is the same and entirely interchangeable, as evidenced by their choice in buddies and rooms, that means that anyone could sneak into anyone else's room at any time. There's some terrible potential for some of the younger kids to get hurt that way, and he's beyond certain Clarissa won't lift a hand to protect them from harm.

"She's not my leader, boy. She might be your leader, but not everyone here might be so inclined to follow. Let her do what she wants; whatever happens, happens."

Zefir
2014-02-06, 05:29 PM
[UPT]

She got grabed and stoped that way. It's obviouse that she is under a spell since her eyes are slightly blured.

"I'm not. And you don't know if they didn't break a rule, becasue we don't know all. Come on."

Then she attemps to gab the man and drags him with her.

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-06, 06:44 PM
UTP

Makaria looks kinda frightened.
Then Khylie appears.
She moves closer to Ashara after grabbing a key and map.
Let's try to stick together, okay?
She asks, reaching out to take her hand.

Ashara takes her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze, and slipping a wing around her, as she grabs up her own key and map.

"Agreed. You want to get our room now, or wait a little to avoid everyone knowing where we go?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-06, 06:47 PM
Ashara takes her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze, and slipping a wing around her, as she grabs up her own key and map.

"Agreed. You want to get our room now, or wait a little to avoid everyone knowing where we go?"

I'm okay with either. Your call, hon.
Makaria replies softly.

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-06, 06:51 PM
I'm okay with either. Your call, hon.
Makaria replies softly.

"C'mon, then, let's head out..."
She smiles gently, planting a kiss on her cheek as they, presumably, head out the door.

Arkhosia
2014-02-06, 06:56 PM
"C'mon, then, let's head out..."
She smiles gently, planting a kiss on her cheek as they, presumably, head out the door.

Makaria blushes a bit as she's kissed, and they head out the door! :smallbiggrin:

Duck999
2014-02-06, 07:09 PM
[UPT]

She got grabed and stoped that way. It's obviouse that she is under a spell since her eyes are slightly blured.

"I'm not. And you don't know if they didn't break a rule, becasue we don't know all. Come on."

Then she attemps to gab the man and drags him with her.

Hallway

Filii gets dragged, trying his best to also run. They seem to be the first out. What's the hurry? He says. He silently adds, and what's the spell?

Tris
2014-02-06, 07:46 PM
[UPT]

Tanar puts his key in his pocket and grabs his staff. He silently walks over to the door with his map in hand followed by Lena.

I wonder who my room partner is?

Beans
2014-02-06, 08:07 PM
UPT

Emmi let's out a surprised scream as her skate fell to slime. As the skate plops on the floor, she tries to wipe it off on her hoodie. She doesn't object to Eo's help. "I don't care if she's angry. Let her be upset for twenty seconds instead of me."

Her only real regret is having to walk around in her rainbow socks. No, before you ask, nothing she wears is not rainbow or tie-die.

She checks under her chair to find her key and map. "But yes, I could use some help. Thank you," she says as she stands back up.
Eo nods, still smiling. I am happy to help someone. Glancing down, she giggles noiselessly. I like your socks.
Once Emmi's up, she starts heading toward the door with her, though the current commotion there puzzles her.

Duck999
2014-02-06, 08:30 PM
Hallway-UPT

Filii figures out he did something wrong. Using illusionary skills, he slips back to the UPT. He checks his partner, and sees Tanar. He walks calmly over to Tanar in his suit and cane, and says Sorry 'bout that. Off to the room?

Lord Magtok
2014-02-06, 08:34 PM
UPT

Magtok glances at the OP, and sees he's been paired up with Zane. Blargh, that's inconvenient. Someone is going to cut one of those little kids open, and being stuck with Zane is going to make intervening in such an attack nigh-impossible. At least it's someone relatively sane, and not that psycho over there. The creepy-looking weirdo whose name was Kyson or Lyson or Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! or something like that.

"Hey Zane. The OP says we're roommates. So...enjoy having a room all to yourself after I get myself killed, I guess? Because that's probably how this is going to go down, sooner or later."

OrchestraHc
2014-02-06, 09:35 PM
UPT

"I'm glad they can make someone happy today," Emmi responds, almost laughing as she scrunches her toes. "Sometimes wearing nothing but cheery colors can make you even more upset when they conflict with your mood so much."

Before they get to the door Emmi will tap Eo on the shoulder. "I just want to make sure someone has a buddy." She goes over to Natalie to say hello and make sure she doesnt leave the theater alone.

Aric Kale
2014-02-06, 09:40 PM
UPT

Zane raises an eyebrow in surprise, but otherwise remains neutral. That's certainly an odd turn of events. Well, Magtok, it's been awhile, though if my memory serves me, which it probably doesn't, you were quite the genius. I'm sure you'll think of a way to survive. Did you see if we have assigned rooms, or are we just going to have to find one? He crosses his arms, unsure of where to proceed, but confident that he won't be bested easily, no matter the challenges that arrive.

Zefir
2014-02-07, 02:30 AM
UPT

Out of a strange fact the kitsune has never really left this room or at least was just a step away from it. Since the OP tells her that she is with two other persons, she waits nervous on the door.

"Ashe! Khyli! Come on!" she sais with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-07, 03:25 AM
Kyson looks about sordidly. Huh. It seems everyone in the room had already found a partner, leaving him the odd one out. Not that he really minded. He had all the company he'd ever need lurking about the depths of his psyche. The he imagined a room by himself would be quite drab compared to the sets of to-be-villains piled into rooms. Maybe he'd get more space that way. Kyson sits there for a bit, not quite sure as to what to do! Of course, after a few minutes, he realizes he was too caught up in thought to actually take a look at the key. Oh. Look at that... It's a small silver key, and it's quite shiny in the light. He plays around with it in his fingers, watching others leave. In fact, he's too busy pondering what he's going to do if he's alone to realize that there's a little piece of paper by the chair too! This turns out to be a list of teams and rooms. He watches Tanar and Fili get about and start moving, before realizing he was not only in a room, but was supposed to share it with two others!

He grimaces and squeezes at the little key slowly before sighing and quickly rising. Then suddenly, pain. Kyson had gotten up too fast and was a bit dizzy now. He winces and yawns before getting up again, and this time slowly. He makes his way over to the two of them and puts his hands in his pockets, along with the key. Er.... Well, according to this we're supposed to share a room together. I'm... quite tired, I'd like if we'd head there as soon as possible. He doesn't bother shaking their hands, disliking any unnecessary bodily contact. In fact, to the other two, it'd appear that Kyson was almost completely detached from anything that was going on. However his dark blue eyes flicker about the room constantly like a cornered animal... He must be quite tired. Without waiting for an answer, he moves forward, looking for his door, hoping his companions follow.

Duck999
2014-02-07, 07:32 AM
Hello sir. States Filii, but he makes no move to shake a hand. When Kyson just walks off, he says to Tanar
We should probably follow, we are supposed to stick together.

GrandDM
2014-02-07, 11:17 AM
[UPT]

Naurax, still standing at the back, watches the video with disinterest. At the mention of a key, he snaps his fingers and it flies over to him.

He walks off, finds his room and lies down on the bed, hands behind his head, to await the possibility of roommates.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-07, 12:04 PM
UPT

Zane raises an eyebrow in surprise, but otherwise remains neutral. That's certainly an odd turn of events. Well, Magtok, it's been awhile, though if my memory serves me, which it probably doesn't, you were quite the genius. I'm sure you'll think of a way to survive. Did you see if we have assigned rooms, or are we just going to have to find one? He crosses his arms, unsure of where to proceed, but confident that he won't be bested easily, no matter the challenges that arrive.

"Room one. And yes, I might be a genius, but even an idiot can see how to survive out here. You do what you're told, you ace your tests and exams, and you be a good and obedient servant to our host with no thoughts of rebellion or a drastically opposite political stance. Precisely why you're going to have your own room sooner or later." Magtok smiles, seemingly completely unbothered by the fact that he might die horribly in the near future.

Aric Kale
2014-02-07, 02:37 PM
Walking to Room 1

Zane shrugs, if Magtok desires death so much, he can have it. The pyromancer does not fear death, but he most certainly won't go looking for it. He leaves the theatre and locates their room, setting his...well, himself on a free bed. Zane Darkstar: Pyromancer. Magtok: Cyborg. And you are? He introduces himself and Magtok, waiting for Naurex to speak.

Tris
2014-02-07, 05:51 PM
"So, you two are my roommates. Nice to meet you." Tanar flashes a smile, and then, walks briskly to out of the theater.

Duck999
2014-02-07, 05:55 PM
"So, you two are my roommates. Nice to meet you." Tanar flashes a smile, and then, walks briskly to out of the theater.
Off to room 2?
Nice to meet you too. By your choice of weapon, we may get along. Off to room 2 then? As he mentions weapons, his cane turns into a quarterstaff, then back to a cane. It might also be noted that Filii is an elf.

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-07, 07:49 PM
Makaria blushes a bit as she's kissed, and they head out the door! :smallbiggrin:

And, once they reach their room, Ashara smiles softly, flopping down onto one of the beds and curling up with a pleasant yawn, not actually too unhappy about where they're ended up.

Earl of Purple
2014-02-07, 07:59 PM
UPT

When she sees it isn't Clarissa, Natalie dissipates the summoning spell. And shudders as she blinks and sees the badger again. That poor badger will be haunting her eyelids for a very long time.

She turns, looking towards Emmi & Eo and forcing a smile. "Hello. Nice socks." She glances at Emmi's feet with the last bit, wiggling her own bare, vomit-spattered toes slightly.

Beans
2014-02-07, 08:01 PM
[UPT]
Eo, who trotted over with Emmi, pulls out the napkin again and looks at the small girl's feet.
Would you like help with that? She smiles softly, looking up at the girl's face.

Arkhosia
2014-02-07, 08:20 PM
And, once they reach their room, Ashara smiles softly, flopping down onto one of the beds and curling up with a pleasant yawn, not actually too unhappy about where they're ended up.

Makaria lies d on her bed, yawning.
All in all, this has been a rather eventful day.

The Alexandrian
2014-02-07, 11:53 PM
[Projector Room]

Keeping some distance from Clarissa? Come now, Operative, you needn't give Clarissa a wide berth! Clarissa doesn't bite...ghosts...most of the time...

"It isn't a message so much as a promise."

"As for those belligerents, they'll be easily manipulated, I assure you. That's the role of my daughter in this plan, though she herself doesn't yet know that. Those who loathe me are bound to love her. She wields considerable power in my house, she's compassionate, and she is friendly. As long as she doesn't suddenly decide to betray me - and she won't because she is my daughter - they'll all serve me in the end whether they know it or not."

Clarissa elaborates, clearly comfortable with filling The Operative in on the entirety of her plan, or so it seems.

-------
[UPT -and- Rooms]

The ball emits a high-pitched squeak as Magtok steps on it! Only Clarissa would own a ball gag squeaky toy.

When Magtok studies the keys in the possession of the KINDER members in his general vicinity, he might observe that they are not, in fact, so much as crafted out of the same material. Each key is unique. This is likely baffling, as may be the fact that the doors swing wide open automatically when approached by authorized individuals.

What then could these keys unlock?

After the kitsune impatiently calls for Khyli and Ashe to join her, Khyli strolls through the aisle over to the kitsune, neither in a rush nor dragging her feet. On the way, she might accidentally bump into a chair near Emmi, feigning a totally uncharacteristic lack of grace in a bid to draw Emmi's attention to her. If Emmi's focus is successfully shifted from Natalie and Eo to the chair that Khyli collided with, she might spot a pair of sneakers and a pair of socks underneath it.

I wonder who might have put that there?

In due time, Khyli will finally join the kitsune (who appears to have had a stronger charm spell cast on her than Clarissa had intended but her chaotic magic does odd and unpredictable stuff like that all the time). She seems somewhat concerned over the kitsune's promiscuous mental state judging by her expression. In the next second, she is all smiles, masking her concern under a lovely, well, smile.

"Hi. I'm Khyli. I'm Clarissa's daughter so I'll be keeping an eye on you two even though I won't be sleeping in your chambers."

Because she already owns a room here that is all she could ever possibly desire in a bedroom.

The hallway outside of the theater is, for the most part, empty. There are several rooms labeled 1 through 6 branching off of it, but nothing else. There remainder of the whitish hallway with the polished stone floor and the waist high cherrywood paneling leads a solid wall constructed from the same material in the same style as the other sections of the hallway.

As for the rooms themselves, they are not single bedrooms as you may have been led to believe. The rooms feature an entryway and coat closet, soft, comfortable, carpeted flooring everywhere except for the kitchenette the floor of which is tiled and heated. There is a dining area, a couch, a recliner, a massive television, a table, a coffee table, a bookcase filled with books, movies, video games, and strange lovecraftian bookends, a game system, and a mini-bar in the front room. The kitchenette has been outfitted with pristine stainless steel appliances but no knives. The refrigerators are well stocked with snack foods, drinks, and ingredients for quick and easy meals. The toaster and all other traditionally electrical devices do not feature plugs which could be inserted into wall sockets and will shut down if moved a considerable distance from their position. The front room and kitchenette are spacious and a little empty (as if more items might be added to them at a later date). The rooms themselves, each of which will only open in the presence of the KINDER member or members who occupy them or an authorized entity will be fully customizable soon-ish. As for now, all bedrooms contain a queen or king sized bed (which has been made and is made every day while the members are not in their rooms), a dresser which has been stocked with black robes and other essential articles of clothing, a walk-in closet, a smaller tv than that which is in the common room, a window with a gorgeous view of the swirling abyss lurking just outside of the manor, and drapes for the windows of the swirling abyss. There is, in addition, an attached private bathroom that has been stocked with hygiene supplies and is also cleaned daily when the KINDER members are not inside of their palatial rooms. The coolest feature of the bathrooms are the water jet jacuzzi tubs. These rooms may be shared by one to three characters if the players sharing the room so desire. The contents of the common rooms may also be altered if the players sharing the common rooms wish for them to be altered.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 12:05 AM
UTP

Ashe approaches the others, purple flame tickling her fingers. She's showing off.
Name's Ashe. Glad to meet you two.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-08, 12:26 AM
UPT

"Thank you very much," Emmi says proudly. "I'm Emmi. Do you have someone to go with to your room, or would you like to come with us."

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 12:30 AM
Makaria & Ashara's

In that case, Makaria will probably just drag the comforter, mattress, and sheets off the bed and set them up in a convenient location in Ashara's room, or just sleep in the same bed as Ashara, due to feeling really uncomfortable not being with her girlfriend.

Devixer
2014-02-08, 12:38 AM
Projector Room

To be fair, the Operative gives everybody's wide berth. He doesn't trust anybody, just as he knows that nobody should trust him. Which is probably why letting him know of Clarissa's plan won't inspire much confidence from him.

"I suppose we'll see soon enough," the Operative says. He doesn't seem to have more to add.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-08, 03:33 AM
Room 2:

Kyson plays around with the key in his palm as he walks over to the door to his room. He was still a bit worried about how he was going to deal with roommates. He'd never had anyone sharing a home with him before. Given his... addiction he'd always need to live alone, where no one would see his collection. It's... a bit dim in here. Quite homey, if a tad creepy. Where was he, he wondered. Eventually, he makes his way to his door, noticing the two on the front. He moves to put the key somewhere, but sees no lock of knob. Stumped, he scratches at his neck. He couldn't do much in the way of magic, besides some dabbling in necromancy... which made the availability of options increasingly small. How to get past the door? Oh. It opened. He had merely waved a hand and the door swung wide! Huh! Neato... I guess...

He walks into the large room in awe. He'd... never been in a house this big! Let alone a room! Not ever! He walked onto the nice soft carpeting and wishes he'd be able to take his shoes off. But his feet weren't very attractive. He'd forgotten to clip his nails, and he was quite shy. He moves about to the nearest closet, and takes off his long black coat, cloak, and hood. Now he's wearing nothing but the green sweater and black slacks, along with his shoes. Speaking of shoes, he looks down to notice he'd forgotten to put on socks! He was rushed to the portal. Oh no. Now what'll he do. He was missing his socks, and people would laugh, and he'd get upset, and he didn't want to be upset cause when he was upset he got stabby and and and No. Ugh. He closes his eyes tightly and breathes in deeply. He'd always had an issue with panic attacks... especially over the little things like a mismatched pair of stockings, or a difference in a pattern. He was a bit OCD. In fact, he had quite the plethora of mental hinders.

Kyson moves away from the closet and walks around some more, gazing in awe at the massive television. ...Huh. I haven't owned a television for ten years... Can't even remember the last time I... Oh. He looks about to see no one there. He'd thought his team mates would have followed by now. Huh. Pursing his lips and awkwardly rasing his eyebrows, he moves over to the book cases. Wow. He liked books. He had about thirty at home, and they were precious to him. He grabs a cookbook, an anatomy textbook, and a few novels on necromancy. He looks at the lovecraftian book end, before deciding he kinda wanted to put it on his dresser... It looked nice and unique and strange! And he liked that. His arms now full of books and the unwieldy book end, he moves to his room. He liked it. There was a dresser, a private bathroom, a small bookcase.... even a television! It was absolutely amazing! More than he'd ever had in his life... He sets his books on the bookcase along with the Lovecraftian Bookend. All he needed now was a knife rack.... Hm.

He gazes longingly at the soft bed and bathroom for a few seconds before deciding he'd better head to the kitchen and arm himself further. He'd be sharing space with the two strange men, and he'd prefer as many knives as possibly by his side... He moves to the kitchen, and when the others walk in, they'll see him with quite a few kitchen knives on the counter, looking at each one and gently running his hands across the sides of the knives. It's... a bit unnerving.

GrandDM
2014-02-08, 04:40 AM
Walking to Room 1

Zane shrugs, if Magtok desires death so much, he can have it. The pyromancer does not fear death, but he most certainly won't go looking for it. He leaves the theatre and locates their room, setting his...well, himself on a free bed. Zane Darkstar: Pyromancer. Magtok: Cyborg. And you are? He introduces himself and Magtok, waiting for Naurex to speak.

"Naurax. As far as you're concerned, I just happen to have enhanced physical capabilities."

His cold eyes flicker to Magtok for a moment.

"The half-dead can keep away from me if he doesn't want to end up full-dead."

Duck999
2014-02-08, 09:27 AM
Room 2

Filii gets there not too long after Kyson. He rushed ahead a little, trying to keep an eye on him. When he walks in, after taking in what is in the room, he notices Kyson.
Ya like knives?
Filii continues to observe the room while waiting for an answer.

Zefir
2014-02-08, 11:45 AM
UTP - Room 6

For my defense, Clarissa never stated how long the spell will be or how strong it is(the scene ended after she cast it). So I just play out a not ending enchantment whcih will make her do all for Clarissa.

"Out there I was called Mika, not sure if this is of any intressed in here, if Clarissa thinks another name suit me more, I won't hesitate to take it. Now let's go I don't want Clarissa to be mad at me." It's obviouse that she is more intressed in pleasing Clarissa then anything else.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-08, 12:03 PM
Room 1

"Naurax. As far as you're concerned, I just happen to have enhanced physical capabilities."

His cold eyes flicker to Magtok for a moment.

"The half-dead can keep away from me if he doesn't want to end up full-dead."

"Aren't we just a ball of sunshine and the height of maturity," Magtok observes, with the most deadpan expression I've ever seen on his face. He immediately turns back towards his other roommate, doing his best to pretend the mysterious one doesn't exist.

"In more important news, Zane, what's your take on the sealed room? A way out, maybe? A trap to make us think there's a way out? A Harry Potter-esque chamber of secrets where we learn the power of teamwork or somesuch drivel, or maybe Clarissa actually does have something she's afraid of, sealed away in there?

Also, what electronics do you want me to keep intact? I'm probably going to want to tear something open for its circuitry and wires and such, but if you want to keep the TV or toaster or something, I'll keep that in mind when that point in time arrives."

Aric Kale
2014-02-08, 12:36 PM
Room 1

Scrap what you need, I'll be reading most of the time. And I don't have much use for a toaster. He grins out the corner of his mouth, before resuming his disinterested expression. As for the room, it could be something personal to Clarissa, a secret proof she has human feelings. I doubt it would be a weapon that could destroy her, though if she wanted to keep an eye on such a device, it could be...
I may try melting it at some point, though I'll wait until things have settled down. He looks up at the corners of the ceiling, checking for cameras. He fully expects her to have something hidden about the place, and he wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she heard everything that's been said.

GrandDM
2014-02-08, 12:53 PM
[Room 1]

Naurax doesn't respond to Magtok's snide comment. Instead, he remains motionless on the bed, watching the ceiling - apparently doing nothing. However, anyone sensitive to such things will sense that he's putting out some heavy-duty arcane feelers to get a look at the place. They stick to authorized areas, however.

The Alexandrian
2014-02-08, 02:18 PM
Projector Room

To be fair, the Operative gives everybody's wide berth. He doesn't trust anybody, just as he knows that nobody should trust him. Which is probably why letting him know of Clarissa's plan won't inspire much confidence from him.

"I suppose we'll see soon enough," the Operative says. He doesn't seem to have more to add.

[Projector Room]

If The Operative has nothing more to say, Clarissa will attempt to lead him to a room that he can spend the night in. This room is not a bedroom but a well-stocked combat training room located a few rooms away from a grand library containing texts on spells, experiments, hideous monsters, cultist and religious lore, and probably several secret passageways. He could also return to the theater, if he wanted, and watch a movie like Agent Chrome.

-------
Room 2

*Snip!*

He moves to the kitchen, and when the others walk in, they'll see him with quite a few kitchen knives on the counter, looking at each one and gently running his hands across the sides of the knives. It's... a bit unnerving.

The kitchenette has been outfitted with pristine stainless steel appliances but no knives.

Clarissa seems not to have forgotten about Kyson's, erm, minor psychological deviations from the norm if her decision not to include knives in any of the kitchenettes by default is indicative of anything. :smalltongue:

There are plenty of sharp forks for Kyson to choose from, though. There's also a set of scissors that he'd have to grind down to put an edge on but could feasibly be converted into tolerable knives.

UTP - Room 6

For my defense, Clarissa never stated how long the spell will be or how strong it is(the scene ended after she cast it). So I just play out a not ending enchantment whcih will make her do all for Clarissa.

"Out there I was called Mika, not sure if this is of any intressed in here, if Clarissa thinks another name suit me more, I won't hesitate to take it. Now let's go I don't want Clarissa to be mad at me." It's obviouse that she is more intressed in pleasing Clarissa then anything else.

((That's perfectly fine with me. I was just trying to indicate that Clarissa doesn't know that Mika is still charmed.))

"Uh, okay?"

Khyli doesn't quite know what to make of Mika. She seems...strange. She turns to Ashe with an eyebrow elevated inquisitively. Hmm... Another pyromancer, eh? Could be an outstanding candidate for leadership in tomorrow's competition...

But now isn't the time to speak of that.

Khyli will follow Ashe and Mika to their room when they are both ready to depart.

-------
[Room 1]

There are no cameras to be found in this room. Clarissa has a predilection for the organic over the inorganic in a majority of fields, surveillance being one of them. As this is very much Clarissa's domain, Zane may get the unshakable feeling that Clarissa is indeed monitoring them somehow, but there's no hint of how closely nor of what she is making use of to keep an eye on them.

Naurax, on the other hand, may feel that the building they are housed in is alive. Naurax will be able to locate an armory supplied with projectile launchers and up-close-and-personal hack-and-slash weaponry, a library crammed full of arcane texts which may be of some interest to him, what appears to be a music room, and a rough stone staircase spiraling down into the depths where a pool of mirror-like pitch black fluid accumulates before...

-------
[All Rooms]

((Note: This occurs for each room only after all occupants of the room have entered it.))

A sweet-smelling gas begins to be siphoned into the room through the vents. Characters may suddenly feel very, very sleepy as the gas fills their room. Entertainingly enough, the gas appears to be slower-acting for the occupants of Room 1 so that they may have a few more posts before they are gradually catapulted into the realm of the unconscious.

Duck999
2014-02-08, 02:33 PM
Room 2

Filii feels the gas and thinks, ahhhh, finally somehing interesting. He figures out what the gas will do quickly, and lets it take him. He was bored, and is happy that something interesting will happen, whether or not it is good for him.

((Tell me if the gas has any magical properties that would cause it to count as a sleep magic that an elf could resist))

Devixer
2014-02-08, 03:16 PM
Projector Room

Clarissa is successful in leading the Operative to the training room. He'll stay here for the night, inspecting everything inside. If the gas is released in this room, it won't have any effect on him - that gas mask isn't just for show, after all.

Tris
2014-02-08, 03:21 PM
Room 2

"What are the keys for?" Tanar wonders aloud when the door opens on it's own. He examines his but doesn't see anything that would help. "Weird" he says and puts the key back in his pocket. Then, he enters the room saying, "So, how did you two end up... Whoa... Uh..." The half-elf falls to the ground overcome with drowsiness. Lena plops down beside him.

The Alexandrian
2014-02-08, 05:29 PM
[Training Room]

No sleeping gas will be pumped into this room. Clarissa respects The Operative too much to force anything he might not want upon him.

[All Rooms]

If a character is resistant to the sleeping gas for some reason, he or she may be awake as a stasis spell might be cast upon all kidnapped KINDER members. After the spell has been cast, a tattooed woman in a white lab coat enters the room. I would provide a more detailed description of the character, but she, for the most part, takes care not to walk into any conscious character's direct line of sight. She'll quietly attempt to inject all of the members with a living cells that might (currently) magically boost the characters heat resistance.

If successful, the woman will leave, the stasis spell will be dispelled, and the KINDER members will be free to do as they please until an hour to seven whereupon Clarissa will attempt to summon all members (slumbering or otherwise) into a gigantic lava-filled cavern underneath the manor.

(That, however, will have to wait until all of the other KINDER players catch up.)

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 05:33 PM
[Training Room]

No sleeping gas will be pumped into this room. Clarissa respects The Operative too much to force anything he might not want upon him.

[All Rooms]

If a character is resistant to the sleeping gas for some reason, he or she may be awake as a stasis spell might be cast upon all kidnapped KINDER members. After the spell has been cast, a tattooed woman in a white lab coat enters the room. I would provide a more detailed description of the character, but she, for the most part, takes care not to walk into any conscious character's direct line of sight. She'll quietly attempt to inject all of the members with a living cells that might (currently) magically boost the characters heat resistance.

If successful, the woman will leave, the stasis spell will be dispelled, and the KINDER members will be free to do as they please until an hour to seven whereupon Clarissa will attempt to summon all members (slumbering or otherwise) into a gigantic lava-filled cavern underneath the manor.

Ashe and Makaria both fall asleep.
The woman succeeds on both.
Makaria wakes up quickly, and looks for Ashara.

Earl of Purple
2014-02-08, 06:26 PM
UPT- Room 6. Or possibly 3; Zefir's character is in 6 but is assigned 3.

"Thank you. That would be very kind of you. Of course I'll come with you. I've been assigned [room number]; how about you?" She'll accept the napkin and clean her feet, and when she arrives will prove no more invulnerable to the sleeping gas than the average human, though until the stasis spell groans and shifts through some severe nightmares regarding tortured animals.

Hattish Thing
2014-02-08, 07:53 PM
[All Rooms]

(That, however, will have to wait until all of the other KINDER players catch up.)

Kyson apparently isn't able to find any sort of knives in the kitchen, but does however grab a few particularly sharp looking forks along with a pair of scissors. He has a knife at his side, but he always liked to make absolutely sure he was armed. After all, you never know what could happen. Especially with these people. He notices the man walk in and almost drops the scissors he's fiddling with. However, he does keep them firmly grasped. Uhhh.... Yes! Yes I do. I'm a... collector... He gives a quick and awkward smile before moving away to his room. Should the other man give him some sort of odd look, seeing as he's carrying away scissors, he'll sheepishly speak. I'll be doing some.. crafting.... It's my hobby... He reaches his bed and almost manages to sit down, before the strong sleep gas affects him. The last thing he remembers is trying not to sosmehow land on the scissors and impale himself. That would be a terrible way to di-

With that, he's asleep, the scissors falling out of his hand and getting stuck in the carpet right by his foot. He falls forward, landing on the bed. The magic resistance is effectively injected into him. Kyson enjoys the nap time at least. He wakes up eventually, before looking around to see no one about. He'd never... fallen asleep so rapidly. It's strange. He suspects some sort of spell was cast upon him, but it seemed Clarissa didn't want him dead.... Else he'd have been killed in his sleep. He takes the scissors out of his floor and takes a nap. He get's up at about six thirty and moves to get dressed and armed. He's looking quite well, now clad in his black slacks and plain black shirt. It wasn't very cold here. He puts on some boots he found in the closet, and hides his knife inside.

Kyson will be making his way to the area.

Duck999
2014-02-08, 08:00 PM
Room 2 to hallways
Filii awakens as soon as the gas wears off. He rises. He exits the room, and wanders the halls, not entering any rooms, but reading labels. When summoned, he obeys. He is fine with doing anything interesting.

Aric Kale
2014-02-08, 08:32 PM
Room 1

Well, Zane notices the gas and covers his face with a mask of black fire, likely burning away the fumes, whether that works or not, the stasis spells is entirely effective. I'm not sure why Zane would need more resistance to heat, considering this mutant form has fearblaze running through his veins, but that's no matter. When the spell is removed, Zane will wait for Magtok and Naurax before heading towards the cavern.

OrchestraHc
2014-02-08, 08:32 PM
UPT- Room 6. Or possibly 3; Zefir's character is in 6 but is assigned 3.

"Thank you. That would be very kind of you. Of course I'll come with you. I've been assigned [room number]; how about you?" She'll accept the napkin and clean her feet, and when she arrives will prove no more invulnerable to the sleeping gas than the average human, though until the stasis spell groans and shifts through some severe nightmares regarding tortured animals.

"I got that room too. Guess we're roomies for now."

When they get to their room, she picks a room. She hesitates in front of her bed for a moment. She doesn't want to take anything that seems like a kindness from Clarissa, but she needs to sleep.

The sleeping gas is almost a godsend as she has a great deal of trouble falling asleep at all after this crazy night. Emmi has no special abilities against sleeping gas, stasis spells or needles, so that stuff goes sans hitch. Shes sleeps until morning.

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-08, 09:24 PM
Makaria lies d on her bed, yawning.
All in all, this has been a rather eventful day.

Ashara nods, reaching over to take her hand, squeezing it gently as she does.

"Yeah... Time for some rest, then, pretty one?" She smiles at her lover, folding her wings neatly, then flashing her a quick wink, giggling softly. "Or something else to do with the bed and relaxing?"

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 09:29 PM
Ashara nods, reaching over to take her hand, squeezing it gently as she does.

"Yeah... Time for some rest, then, pretty one?" She smiles at her lover, folding her wings neatly, then flashing her a quick wink, giggling softly. "Or something else to do with the bed and relaxing?"

Makaria giggles.
Either's fine with me, hon.
She replies.

Beans
2014-02-08, 09:37 PM
"I got that room too. Guess we're roomies for now."

When they get to their room, she picks a room. She hesitates in front of her bed for a moment. She doesn't want to take anything that seems like a kindness from Clarissa, but she needs to sleep.

The sleeping gas is almost a godsend as she has a great deal of trouble falling asleep at all after this crazy night. Emmi has no special abilities against sleeping gas, stasis spells or needles, so that stuff goes sans hitch. Shes sleeps until morning.
[Room 6]
Eo is happy to escort the younger girls, as well as to have roommates!

She is perfectly happy to flop into bed, and probably would have slept fine even without the gas. As it is, she sleeps comfortably til morning, her washed-out dreams splattered with vibrant new color and life.
Meanwhile, her injection goes over fine---though if they can tell, her heat resistance was naturally pretty high... what does this synth-woman have in store that even she may not know of?

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-08, 09:40 PM
Makaria giggles.
Either's fine with me, hon.
She replies.

"Hmm... Well, alright then."
Ashara grins, rolling over on top of Makaria and kissing her happily, which would be quickly followed by a curtain being initiated, but sleeping gas.

That said... It's entirely possible that the procedure is unneeded in their case? :smallconfused: And it might not be wise to tamper with their natural heat resistance, presumably, given that one of them has fire for blood.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 09:45 PM
"Hmm... Well, alright then."
Ashara grins, rolling over on top of Makaria and kissing her happily, which would be quickly followed by a curtain being initiated, but sleeping gas.

That said... It's entirely possible that the procedure is unneeded in their case? :smallconfused: And it might not be wise to tamper with their natural heat resistance, presumably, given that one of them has fire for blood.

I was hoping it would be interrupted by FIERY LAVA CAVERN SUMMON! :smalltongue:
Perfect timing.
Makaria sarcastically remarks before falling asleep.

GrandDM
2014-02-09, 03:39 AM
[Training Room]

[All Rooms]

When the woman goes to inject Naurax, the needle will break against his skin. He grins at her and shakes his head.

"I'm afraid not."

[Lava Cavern]

When Naurax arrives, he's completely unaffected by the heat. In fact, he strips down to his underwear and goes for a swim in the lava while he waits for everyone else to arrive.

Zefir
2014-02-09, 03:50 AM
[Room3] [Lava Cavern] (My mistake thought I'm in 6 not 3.)

Mika will head straith for one of the roms, using the little time left to make herself comfortable, taking a shower in that time and then go to bed, hopefully befor the gas works. Unless Ashe or Clarissas daughter wanted to say something/do something about the charm.

After summoned in the hot cavern, Mika will wake up quiet fast.The high temperature is something her kind doesn't feel comfortable with. She obviously tries to avoid any edges where lava will be and the guy who just jumped in the Lava will end on the 'Creepy-Guy-List'. Maybe I should note that Mika doesn't got any special ability for now.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-09, 11:06 AM
Room 1 => Lava Cavern

Naurax seems to have misunderstood what a 'stasis' spell does, but nevermind that. More important is the foreign substance that's just been injected into our cyborg, and even an immunity to sleep gas as provided by a large array of self-administered, internally regulated drugs wasn't enough to keep him from being magically held down and stabbed with a mystery fluid.

Upon arrival at the lava cavern, he sighs in exasperation. Really? Swimming in the lava? Someone is clearly showing off, and with a host like theirs watching, this will only end in tears for the arrogant bastard. The sooner Clarissa eats that Bizarro Superman, the better.

Beans
2014-02-09, 01:43 PM
[Room 6 -> Lava Cavern]
Interestingly, when the summoning spell hits Eo, something delays it by just a little bit. The half-asleep synthgirl is startled awake by some sort of internal alarm, and hurriedly dresses before the spell hits. When she arrives, she's still doing up the straps of her waist-apron; she glances around in surprise, but the ambient heat of the surrounding lava doesn't bother her at all.

The Alexandrian
2014-02-09, 02:12 PM
[Lava Cavern]

Magtok does not have to wait for a great length of time by any definition to watch Naurax be punished for his shenanigans, albeit not by Clarissa's hands. Naurax may abruptly feel something scaly and tendril-like attempt to ensnare his foot and probably chuck him and his underwear out of the lava. If successful, the tendril will quickly disappear under the surface of the lava pool only to reappear moments later for just long enough to place a "Lava Monster: Do Not Disturb" sign upon the ground near the edge of the lava pool.

Clarissa steps into the lava caverns from an adjacent chamber before issuing a command, as succinctly as possible.

"If you know how to control fire, stay here. If not, join Khyli in the adjacent chamber."

The adjacent chamber is a large stone-walled room with targets hung upon the walls.

The lava caverns, as some of the more perceptive kidnapees may espy, has obsidian gates lining a series of uneven ledges around the perimeter of the circular room at specified levels.

Once everyone has entered the correct room, Clarissa will ask if any of the remaining pyromancers can manipulate lava. If any respond that this is indeed within their abilities, she shall ask them to demonstrate their control of lava for her.

Those who entered the adjacent room will receive a lecture on the nature of magic which is, by Khyli's definition, exerting one's will on the reality they perceive in order to shape it and reshape it as the mage desires. This will be followed by fireball casting practice in which Khyli will work with each kidnapee individually so that they all can learn how to cast fireball.

Arkhosia
2014-02-09, 02:16 PM
[Lava Cavern]

Magtok does not have to wait for a great length of time by any definition to watch Naurax be punished for his shenanigans, albeit not by Clarissa's hands. Naurax may abruptly feel something scaly and tendril-like attempt to ensnare his foot and probably chuck him and his underwear out of the lava. If successful, the tendril will quickly disappear under the surface of the lava pool only to reappear moments later for just long enough to place a "Lava Monster: Do Not Disturb" sign upon the ground near the edge of the lava pool.

Clarissa steps into the lava caverns from an adjacent chamber before issuing a command, as succinctly as possible.

"If you know how to control fire, stay here. If not, join Khyli in the adjacent chamber."

The adjacent chamber is a large stone-walled room with targets hung upon the walls.

The lava caverns, as some of the more perceptive kidnapees may espy, has obsidian gates lining a series of uneven ledges around the perimeter of the circular room at specified levels.

Once everyone has entered the correct room, Clarissa will ask if any of the remaining pyromancers can manipulate lava. If any respond that this is indeed within their abilities, she shall ask them to demonstrate their control of lava for her.

Those who entered the adjacent room will receive a lecture on the nature of magic which is, by Khyli's definition, exerting one's will on the reality they perceive in order to shape it and reshape it as the mage desires. This will be followed by fireball casting practice in which Khyli will work with each kidnapee individually so that they all can learn how to cast fireball.

Ashe stays.
Makaria is teleported in asleep in her underwear, presumably with Ashara on top of her. :smalltongue:

Duck999
2014-02-09, 02:17 PM
Lava Cavern

Filii stays to demonstrate control over lava. His cane turns into a hollow tube. His shoes turn into boots of some black substance. He points his tube at the lava, and a geyser shoots up. He stands atop the geyser until told to move.

Aric Kale
2014-02-09, 02:44 PM
Lava Cavern

Zane shakes his head as he watches his roommate swim in the magma, as he quietly speaks to Magtok. I was born and raised by a volcano. The heat does not bother me, I'm sure it didn't bother the pyromancers that came before me, but I know that none of them would have disrespected the raw power of such am intense flame by swimming in it... then lava monsters happen. That works.
He stays in the room, when asked to control the lava, he'll place his hand inside the liquid fire and use his talent to infect it with fearblaze, allowing him to manipulate black lava, but only black lava...

OrchestraHc
2014-02-09, 02:55 PM
Alternate Cavern:

Emmi wakes up in a lava cavern. Looking around she gives a depressed sigh. No, it wasn't a dream. She was kidnapped by a psychopathic demon creature with a rage against the gods complex. She's almost unimpressed by the cavern.

Standing up and dusting herself off, she goes to the alternate cavern for fireball lessons of all things. She understands the theory Khyli explains, even if it's different from how her friend explains magic. Actual fireball practice goes poorly. She doesn't have it in her to exert her will on reality, neither does she have any knack for magic, nor fire in general for that matter. A morning of practice wont be nearly enough.

Earl of Purple
2014-02-09, 03:24 PM
Lava Cavern --> Alternate Cavern

Natalie was asleep, and is wearing a white cotton nightdress.

She has difficulty with fireballs, too- it's because she already knows her own magic, based around summoning things that already exist. The theory of magic she has been taught teaches that magic cannot create, merely move from one place to another. She's a novice Conjurer, true, but it's altered her ability to use magic and limited the way her will can act upon the world around her.

If there was an existing fire, she could duplicate a fireball by teleporting the flames and heat from one place to another, but at the moment she lacks the mastery to know how to improvise that spell.

Beans
2014-02-09, 04:14 PM
[Alternate Cavern]

Eo listens to Khyli's explanation intently, and when the time comes, she's clearly trying her best. At first, nothing happens. After a bit, she starts to get a spark, a little sputter of flame. For now, as far as she gets is a roil of hot air. To her credit, it's better than nothing---on impact with the stone floor, it bursts in a small pressure wave of heat-haze that scatters small loose stones and bits of rock. But that and a small lighter-like flame are as far as she's getting right now.

Eo gives Khyli her soft little smile as the girl helps her; she's Miss Clarissa's daughter, and she's being helpful, so Eo can't see any reason not to like her. Perhaps they could be friends. Yes, they could be, that would be lovely.

Tris
2014-02-09, 04:19 PM
Adjacent Chamber

As Tanar has yet to learn a fire based spell, he goes into the side chamber. It is interesting to hear Khyli's interpretation of magic. It's not like he has understood it, and he does understand magic very well. When the fireball practice begins, he tells Khyli that he knows of a fire spell that is within his ability, but it will take awhile for him to learn it. He cannot master it in one training session. He adds, "I am a sorcerer. A sorcerer derives their power not from the versatility of their repertoire, but from their ability to do more with what they have learned."

Zefir
2014-02-09, 07:03 PM
Lava Cavern --> Alternate Cavern

Mika listens to Clarissa, but soon realize that she can't stay in the same room, because she got no idea if she can controll anything. She thinks it's better to go into the other room then stay here and make Clarissa get mad at her.

When the theory comes, Mika is more or less distracted by the fact that the one person she wants to please is right next to her, but unreachable. That will have an effect on her trianing. She won't manage anything, but maybe this is more cause she got no abilities for such kind of magic.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-09, 10:04 PM
Adjacent Cavern

"Yeah, I figured. See you after class, Zane."

Magtok goes through the motions and says whatever magical mumbo-jumbo he's told to say, but no fire is conjured. Not even a spark, even. Seems he just doesn't have the gift. That, or maybe he just isn't trying hard enough, and doesn't want to be a smelly wizard, damn the consequences. Khyli will get a whole lot of snark and snide remarks from Mag if she really wants to try to help. In fact, the middle finger on his left hand doubles as a lighter, a bit of MagTrivia which I'm sure she'll be learning, if she didn't know it already.

Arkhosia
2014-02-09, 10:07 PM
Makaria wakes up, and blushes profusely when she realizes the exact position she's in and the lack of clothing, and quickly gets up and darts over to Khyli.
Makaria is trained to use fire magic!
She finds it pretty easy due to having a bit of experience (had a pact that was severed)

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-09, 11:43 PM
Ashara follows Makaria off, seeming a bit less embarrassed than her girlfriend; she has an affinity for magic and a knowledge of how to use it, but never attempted to work on her inherent capabilities; she's a warlock, and thus focused on pact-magic.

However, despite that and her abilities with flames in general, rather than a proper fireball, she produces a swarm of sparks, which dart off towards the other end of the cavern, each one burning perhaps two inches into the wall.

ThePhantom
2014-02-10, 12:13 AM

Materializing in the theater, a large crate rests on the floor. After a moment, the primary content of the crate opens the top and climbs out, revealing itself to a teddy bear, looking like the spoiler below.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMgq_m6c_yoFUbDkggdyYakn0mnRxHG VKY-0WQl5-bKZzn1g98dg

"Mic test, mic test. Looks like its working fine. Now, to wait for Clarissa. Wouldn't want to spoiler my proxy's surprise to the students."

Hattish Thing
2014-02-10, 02:50 AM
[Lava Cavern]

Kyson follows the group out and watches intently as Nauraz wades into the lava in nothing but his underwear. The first thing that comes to his mind is not that Nauraz is walking into hot lava, but the fact that he undressed publicly. He speaks out quietly, unsure that it'd be wise to anger the behemoth. Erm... wouldn't the lava burn through your... undergarments? I don't think that's a good ide-Oh.... Okay... He watches as Nauraz wades in, and is promptly bodily thrown out by the thing in the lava. Kyson reacts instinctively and moves backwards, reaching for his belt. He rethinks his plan upon realizing drawing a knife against a lava monster was a terrible decision.

Khyli leads Kyson about next into the work room to practice spells. Kyson had always liked magic. He had learned a few tomes he'd collected outside the small ruined catacombs outside of his home town. A few necromancy spells, some weaker cyromancy, and a bit of illusion. Nothing too powerful, for he was a learner. Khyli might notice that Kyson treats her differently than the rest. Most like her and find her attractive, while the rest seem to be indifferent. Kyson seems to utterly despise her, though he doesn't ever say it. But she can probably tell that he has some sort of bitter resentment to her for some reason. There's quite a few subtle glares, one word responses, and the occasional odd look... the same look a chef makes when he's looking for a place to slice a bit of meat at...

Nevertheless, he's quite polite, and he does learn fast. He's eager. After a few attempts and a few burnt up fingertips, Kyson summons up an impressive fireball. He's not great at it, and it's obvious pyromancy is not his strongpoint, but he gives it his all.

GrandDM
2014-02-10, 03:13 AM
[Lava Cavern]

Naurax is chucked, but stops in midair, grinning down at the lava for a moment before swooping to join the rest of the group. He doesn't bother to dress, remaining in his boxers. At the request to showcase his abilities, he grins again, and snaps his fingers.

A very large amount of lava - an appreciable fraction of the lake - draws itself up. Two glowing eyes form in the depths of the newborn lava golem.

The Alexandrian
2014-02-13, 02:38 AM
[Lava Cavern - Advanced Pyromancy]

Clarissa courteously requested that all of the pyromancers gathered here today demonstrate their control over lava, not show off their mad skillz in lava riding and lava monster birthing procedure! Clarissa quirks an eyebrow upon examining Zane's display of control of the...infected lava. It's peculiar to her that he needs to infuse it with his own element in order to manipulate it. Filli is the object of an even more quizzical facial expression. He just transmogrified his staff into a straw, after all. What's up with that, she wonders! It isn't a bendy straw, but it is by any and all definitions, a straw! Does he want to drink the lava or something? :smallconfused:

Naurax's demonstration is rapidly judged by Clarissa and by the exact same standards as she judged the other two displays. The reaction to it, however, is altogether different.

Clarissa growls quietly in exasperation, having been previously informed of Naurax's noncompliance the previous night. That is...problematic.

"Naurax, one of my daughters will be here shortly to collect you for some unfinished business. I highly recommend that you comply with any requests she makes of you."

Clarissa warns before explaining that, while it is all well and good that they can easily control lava while they are not under fire, controlling magic in an area where distractions abound can be quite challenging.

She will follow this laconic explanation up with a little game for the pyromancers to play. She will release hordes of bow wielding goblins upon the ledges wrapping around the perimeter of the elliptical chamber who will fire upon and be fired upon by the pyromancers one by one. As the goblins are both expendable and can do little beside shooting arrows at the pyromancers, screaming, and burning, they should be godmodded for the purposes of this amusing diversion.

This is just a warm-up for the much more fun game that most of the KINDER members will play in a post or two.

-------
[Lava Cavern - Basic Pyromancy]

Kyson is just plain creepy and psychopathic. Khyli had been informed of these alarming qualities looooong before Kyson was even collected and yet...

Khyli would complement Kyson on his pyro-maniacal success if not for that look he is casting upon her for no reason. Must be one of his weird hang-ups. Khyli knows about the faces, and menacingly bares her teeth at Kyson whenever she catches him giving her that look lest he start get any ideas.

As for Magtok, Khyli doesn't seem at all discouraged by his derogatory remarks. Khyli internally conjectures that they're probably just masking an unbearable feeling of inadequacy. The clone was kidnapped just yesterday, plucked out of wherever he was and forced, likely with the very real threat of a long, drawn-out, tortuous death, to participate in this program. Khyli understands this and tries to encourage Magtok to keep trying with a genuinely kind smile that practically whispers, "come on, you can do it".

Khyli smiles not just at Magtok, but at all of the KINDER students who aren't Kyson. They're all trying their very best to accomplish an incredibly difficult task. That in and of itself is praiseworthy from Khyli's perspective, especially after such a stressful night! To be completely honest, she expected to be on the receiving end of a whole lot more flak than she is currently being bombarded with. That's quite pleasant, really. The only attitude that does trouble her besides that of Kyson is that of Eo. Eo's extremely bouncy, bubbly, and elated mood does worry her. She seems like she has a textbook case of Stockholm Syndrome...

After everyone has had ample time to practice casting fireball on their own, Khyli will activate the secondary effect of the mystery fluid they were all injected with the previous night. This should allow everyone present to be able to tap into a portion of something's magical reserves which might in turn allow them to cast basic magic without actually having the will, faith, or gift for it yet. Once that is done, Khyli will attempt to shift her coaching into a higher gear by attempting to establish an unintrusive psychic connection with them in order to help coach them through the thought process and other mental processes of creating energy through one's own faith in himself/herself and willpower.

-------
[UPT]

((Will post for this in the morning.))

Hattish Thing
2014-02-13, 03:30 AM

Kyson is just plain creepy and psychopathic. Khyli had been informed of these alarming qualities looooong before Kyson was even collected and yet...

Khyli would complement Kyson on his pyro-maniacal success if not for that look he is casting upon her for no reason. Must be one of his weird hang-ups. Khyli knows about the faces, and menacingly bares her teeth at Kyson whenever she catches him giving her that look lest he start get any ideas.

After everyone has had ample time to practice casting fireball on their own, Khyli will activate the secondary effect of the mystery fluid they were all injected with the previous night. This should allow everyone present to be able to tap into a portion of something's magical reserves which might in turn allow them to cast basic magic without actually having the will, faith, or gift for it yet. Once that is done, Khyli will attempt to shift her coaching into a higher gear by attempting to establish an unintrusive psychic connection with them in order to help coach them through the thought process and other mental processes of creating energy through one's own faith in himself/herself and willpower.

Kyson doesn't really react to her bared teeth, nor her lack of compliments. He wasn't expecting any sort of praise, and as such wasn't disappointed by the absence of kind words. His attitude certainly doesn't improve towards her, but he never shows any signs of aggression nor says... hardly anything at all. However, as he was casting the fireballs, his mind was quietly stagnating as he thought. He utterly hated people like Khyli. Her kind was the only type of person he targeted during his insanity-fueled hunts. Physically beautiful beyond belief, rich, and enjoying a luxurious life. He hated how people who just happened to be born into a beautiful body or born into wealth were considered better than everyone else. He was jealous, he was angry, he was vengeful.... He would murder and skin those born with good looks or great advantage... tanning their faces into masks to hang and wear. The last thing his victims would see was his black cloak advancing towards him, his face a horrible stitched mask of some dead model...

He was twisted and horrible, and his thoughts were currently circling around feeling her cold, dead skin in his hands.... savoring how the texture of her skin would feel as he worked with it, removing the teeth and eyes.... How right it all felt when others would find her body mangled and ugly... It was right to him. It was justified. He was just doing what no one else would, for the greater good. He had to. He was born to. Of course, his thoughts are keeping him quite busy, so often he doesn't even realize she's glaring at him.

Soon, a connection is established and the secondary effects of the fluid are kicked into gear. It's probably a good thing that the pyschic link is unintrusive, for a connection into Kyson's mind wouldn't be good for one's mental stability and health. Kyson now moves onto simply concentrating on what he wants done. He closes his eyes and concentrates, before looking down at his right arm. Sure enough, his right arm has turned into red bone from the forearm down. The red bone is quite sharp and clawed at his fingers, and he moves around with it, flexing his fingers and hand curiously. Then, he casts another spell by concentrating, and the redbone arm is now wreathed in flames. This somewhat startles him, and he jumps a tad. This is all new to him. He doens't bother saying anything, but instead gazes in awe...

Duck999
2014-02-13, 07:40 AM
Advanced Pyromancy
Straw powers!
Filii likes this game. He lifts the lava, looping it around one goblin, wihout touching the goblin. The goblin starts to shake and drops his bow. The lava crushes upon him, incinerating him. An arrow shot at Filii, only to be slowed by a wall of lava before falling into the pit. A pillar of lava knocks a goblin of his platform, then the goblin bounces across burning pillars and lands on another platform with his back scorched. Filii proceeds to burn them both with a fireball made of lava (lavaball?).
Filii proceeds to have fun with more goblins.
((Some deadtime now))

Arkhosia
2014-02-13, 07:51 AM
A Game Known As "Violating the Laws of The Geneva Convention"! Yay!

Ashe smiles cruelly, and gives a goblin that misses the Two Finger Salute as his veins glow purple, and his skin burns. He yowls in pain, and his skin melts as his blood boils! :smallyuk:

Beans
2014-02-13, 08:27 AM
[Pyromancy for Dummies]
To be fair, Eo doesn't actually seem bouncy, bubbly, or elated by vaguely normal standards---her emotions appear to function on a more subdued level than most, and as far as she's getting right now is blandly cheery, or perhaps just content.

With cheat codes now activated, she manages to actually make fireballs happen, and seems slightly more happy about it. She's pretty sure Clarissa is watching, and therefore she has to do her best at all times---if she doesn't live up to what's asked of her, she might be thrown back out into a life she can't make meaningful.

When Khyli enters her head, she gets the opportunity to hear Eo's voice instead of her little text-projector! I never expected someone to come into my head, but I suppose stranger things have happened and continue to do so...

Arkhosia
2014-02-13, 08:38 AM
Getting back in the swing of things

Makaria grins as she feels the magic course through her, and lifts up her hands. She clenches them into fists, and flames engulf her hands, flame swirling around her bare arms. Embers swirl around her as she grins cheerfully.
The power! Oh, it's been soooo long!

Aric Kale
2014-02-13, 08:51 AM
Lava Cavern - Advanced

Zane gazes upon the goblins with grim eyes, raising a shield of infected black lava up with his left hand. With his right hand he summons three balls of black fire, circling around each other, the size of golf balls. These, he throws at the minions on the ledges, setting three on fire.
Two of them rapidly catch fire, running amuck through their fellow goblinkind and setting them on fire in turn. The third leaps into the lava. Within minutes, 10 goblins are on fire and 5 are ash.
The pyromancer ends up taking one arrow to his upper thigh, grazing across his flesh, though the area steams and quickly seals itself off. Clearly, he's in pain from the wound, from his gritted death and narrowed eyes.

Arkhosia
2014-02-13, 08:52 AM
Lava Cavern - Advanced

Zane gazes upon the goblins with grim eyes, raising a shield of infected black lava up with his left hand. With his right hand he summons three balls of black fire, circling around each other, the size of golf balls. These, he throws at the minions on the ledges, setting three on fire.
Two of them rapidly catch fire, running amuck through their fellow goblinkind and setting them on fire in turn. The third leaps into the lava. Within minutes, 10 goblins are on fire and 5 are ash.
The pyromancer ends up taking one arrow to his upper thigh, grazing across his flesh, though the area steams and quickly seals itself off. Clearly, he's in pain from the wound, from his gritted death and narrowed eyes.

Ashe looks at him , impressed.

Lady Serpentine
2014-02-13, 12:01 PM

Khyli's mental connection isn't quite as unobtrusive as it needs to be, in the case of Ashara; nothing prevents her from creating it, and the Tiefling doesn't seem to mind, but it is noticed.

"Welcome to my head," she thinks softly, flashing her a mental grin. "Nice to have you, but please do bear in mind that I'll have to kick you out later - pretty sure my girlfriend would object to you being around tonight. In any case, though, what can I do for you?"

Duck999
2014-02-13, 12:01 PM
Skeet shooting (advanced)

Some friendly competition can't hurt, thinks Filii.
Skeet shooting he states.
A pillar of lava bursts up, launching a platform and it's inhabitants into the air. There are 5 total goblins. As they fly in different directions, Filii picks off them each. The first four he shoots with lavaballs. The last he crushes into the wall with a wall of lava.

Earl of Purple
2014-02-13, 05:49 PM
Pyromancy Training (Basic)

Suddenly, Natalie has access to a type of magic that lets her cast fireballs- but her existing magic is refusing to let her try it. The first time she tries to cast a fireball after the liquid is activated, there's a burst of flames and smoke as the magics collide and all the excess energy is released at once. Unfortunately, the blast is centred on Natalie. She isn't physically harmed, though her nightdress is slightly scorched; she's also fainted from the exertion of shielding her body from the flames using an unfamiliar source of magic.

((I don't want Natalie to be a pyromancer, though her existing magic can be trained into that area by specialising in conjuring various elemental creatures.))

OrchestraHc
2014-02-13, 09:18 PM
Pyromancy Training (Basic) - Pyro-Scholastic Flow:

Well now, this might actually work, sort of...

A sudden substitute for a lack of magical talent and a psychic push to exert her will is enough to get her spellcasting off the ground. Unfortunately you can't really force an elemental affinity on someone, not easily anyway, so for a fireball spell it odds explicitly under par. More of a fireapple or a firetangerine than a fireball.

Still, a spell is a spell. Casting something for the first time can be exhilarating, and the faintest trace of a smile passes her lips until she forces it to frown in response. She refuses to allow herself any joy in fulfilling Clarissa's role for her. Try as she might though, the thrill of casting is in her now.

Until it's forgotten when Natalie blows up. Emmi rushes to her side checking to see what happened. Damn it, how could she enjoy herself through all of that nonsense. No matter what fun she has she's still a prisoner and everyone is still liable to get hurt. At least Natalie doesnt seem burned at all.

Zefir
2014-02-14, 03:18 AM

Mika is still a bit off with her thoughts and with that still doesn't get any result. When the second effect come up, Mika seems to have the basics for spellcasting, but there won't be any difference in the results.

When Khyli enters the minds of the prisoners, assuming she goes one by on, she will be suprised when entering Mika's mind. At first her defence seems very weak, just like she doesn't even think about protecting her thoughts. And then Khyli might get overwhelemd. Mika seems to totally focus on Clarissa. The fireball lessons seem to haven't reach her at all and even if Khyli tries to talk/focude her on that task, the thoughts about Clarissa push all away.

Lord Magtok
2014-02-14, 11:15 AM
Pyromancy Training (Basic)

Oh gods, what?! How?! Why?! Magtok isn't supposed to be able to just project fire from his human fingertips like this, holy ****! That's not part of being a Magtok, they're already corrupting and twisting his connection to the other clones! He immediately diverts all his time and energy towards trying to exhaust every last bit of magic from his body, to remove the scary and alien outsider from his veins as quickly as possible. If not for the psychic link, one might think our supervillain was actually trying to impress someone, what with all the flame he's excitedly pouring out from his hand.

Speaking of the mental connection, it might be hard to get a good read on anything other than Maggy's inexplicable panic. With the nature of his cyborgy brain, only some of his thoughts are legible, with the vast majority garbled and encoded in binary. It'd be even harder to read if he was actively trying to conceal anything, as opposed to just internally screaming in terror.

GrandDM
2014-02-14, 01:00 PM
[Lava Cavern - Advanced Pyromancy]

Clarissa courteously requested that all of the pyromancers gathered here today demonstrate their control over lava, not show off their mad skillz in lava riding and lava monster birthing procedure! Clarissa quirks an eyebrow upon examining Zane's display of control of the...infected lava. It's peculiar to her that he needs to infuse it with his own element in order to manipulate it. Filli is the object of an even more quizzical facial expression. He just transmogrified his staff into a straw, after all. What's up with that, she wonders! It isn't a bendy straw, but it is by any and all definitions, a straw! Does he want to drink the lava or something? :smallconfused:

Naurax's demonstration is rapidly judged by Clarissa and by the exact same standards as she judged the other two displays. The reaction to it, however, is altogether different.

Clarissa growls quietly in exasperation, having been previously informed of Naurax's noncompliance the previous night. That is...problematic.

"Naurax, one of my daughters will be here shortly to collect you for some unfinished business. I highly recommend that you comply with any requests she makes of you."

Clarissa warns before explaining that, while it is all well and good that they can easily control lava while they are not under fire, controlling magic in an area where distractions abound can be quite challenging.

She will follow this laconic explanation up with a little game for the pyromancers to play. She will release hordes of bow wielding goblins upon the ledges wrapping around the perimeter of the elliptical chamber who will fire upon and be fired upon by the pyromancers one by one. As the goblins are both expendable and can do little beside shooting arrows at the pyromancers, screaming, and burning, they should be godmodded for the purposes of this amusing diversion.

This is just a warm-up for the much more fun game that most of the KINDER members will play in a post or two.

He nods at her mention of collection, apparently completely unconcerned. When the goblins enter, he snorts.

"Goblins? Seriously? Give me a challenge, at least."

Every arrow that comes near him stops in midair. He stands in the middle of a hemisphere of hovering projectiles, whistling idly. Meanwhile, the lava golem is smashing through droves of goblins.

Beans
2014-02-14, 01:13 PM
[Pyromancy for Dummies]
Eo is startled by Natalie's accidental self-focused kaboom, coming over after Emmi. When she finds the girl is okay, she smiles in relief.
Perhaps you should take a break for a while.

Aric Kale
2014-02-14, 02:04 PM
Advanced Pyromancy

Zane takes a deep breath, while releasing it, he rotates his lava shield horizontally and steps onto it, controlling the magma and allowing him to rise up in the air. From this new vantage point, the pyromancer extends his hands and rapidly fires gumball-sized orbs of fearblaze, every shot making its mark. Now, most of these aren't killshots, for the interesting thing about fearblaze, is that if the person who's on fire feels fear at any time while burning, the black flames burn with 10x the intensity and ferocity...
This particular effect is quickly reducing the number of goblins, a fourth of which are likely to be on fire and screaming in agony.
In all of this, Zane never smiles. He doesn't gloat. He doesn't revel in his own strength. He merely is.

Tris
2014-02-15, 04:24 PM
Basic Pyromancy

"What is this?" Tanar waves his hand through the air releasing a wave of fire through the air. "How?" He then sends four quick focused blasts at the nearby wall. His experience with other magic allows him to easily access this power. He stares at his hand. "This is..." He looks up at Khyli. "How is this happening? How did you do this?" He decides that he must discover the source of this new magic.

The Alexandrian
2014-02-23, 05:19 PM
[Basic Pyromancy]

It would be...most advantageous...to Kyson and the continuation of his abhorrent existence to mind his place. He is a tool to be used and disposed of as Clarissa sees fit. He is welcome to continue to imagine whatever it is he might fancy, but should he attempt to act on his sick fantasies, he runs the risk of being devoured alive.

In other words, Kyson is very fortunate that Khyli's connection to his mind is not very invasive.

Khyli does not reply to anyone's mental dialogue, save that of Eo. Eo (who I'm extrapolating has a voice so beautiful that would make envious the angels of the heavens as she is mute outside of her mind), will receive a short message in addition to the mental equivalent of downloading a file that all of the others have (mostly) benefited from.

"Stay here when the other are dismissed."

Khyli observes the fireball (and, in Emmi's case, firetangerine) casting and nods approvingly. She'll hold off on critiquing their technique, allowing them to simply rejoice in and experiment with their newfound powers. She chuckles as she watches Magtok "enthusiastically practicing" his fireball casting. She'd heard that he was a show-off, but she didn't expect him to be such a magnificent mage! Mika's situation is vexing, but Khyli is certain that she can-

Boom!

As Natalie detonates and subsequently faints, Khyli attempts to psychically catch her so that she won't smash her head open against the cold stone floor. That wasn't good. That wasn't good at all.

"Uh... Everyone is dismissed for lunch!"

She announces, too busy communicating with one of her sisters about Natalie's condition (via Clarissa's hivemind) to answer Tanar's question (though she might not need to answer him herself, seeing as two of the acolytes appear to have had some prior experience with pact magic).

-------
[Advanced Pyromancy]

"It's lunchtime, apparently."

Clarissa also announces, not all that impressed by any of the magic on display here in Magma Stadium today.

"All of you are dismissed, except for Naurax. Return to this location in thirty minutes ready to play dodge-fireball."

---------
[Meeting Room]

The Operative and Mister E's proxy may find themselves summoned, either magically or vocally, to a meeting room located on the 2nd Floor of the mansion. The room is well-lit with a projector and two folders containing operations briefings placed in front of two seats in front of a wide wooden table. Aside from several paintings depicting hell ornamenting the white walls, there isn't that much to be found in here. Clarissa is nowhere to be seen so far. Mister E and The Operative will have a minute or so to introduce themselves to each other before Clarissa arrives, if they so desire.

Duck999
2014-02-23, 06:06 PM
Leaving Advanced Pyromancy

Filii smiles at the idea of dodge fireball before turning and walking back to his room. ((Assuming he is uninterrupted))

Beans
2014-02-23, 06:11 PM
[Pyromancy for Dummies - See Me After Class]
Eo mentally (and physically) nods when Khyli instructs her to stay when the others leave, and her curious excitement will be clear to her teacher. She hasn't felt like this before, except for when Clarissa first picked her up!

Obediently, she remains while the others troop out, fidgeting with her hair a little.

ThePhantom
2014-02-23, 06:26 PM
[Meeting Room]

The stuffed bear turns its head to look around the room, then turns its attention to the Operative.

"So your'e teaching here too? Not a bad choice, my friend. Hopefully these students will pay attention, or else they'll learn what you want regardless!"

It sounds like some sort of children mascot, this robot acting in the spymaster of AMEN's place.

Tris
2014-02-23, 06:29 PM
[Leaving Basic Pyromancy]

"This is weird," Tanar comments as he walks out of the cave. Then, he halts and asks, "Wait, where do we go now?"

Earl of Purple
2014-02-23, 06:30 PM
Basic Pyromancy

Natalie can be caught, and she's perfectly fine- she's just suffering from magical exhaustion. Magic scans will find that she already knows a particularly jealous type of magic that didn't want to share Natalie with the pyromancy. Specifically, her magic is a form of conjuration; there are ways for her to create and use fireballs with that magic, but they require Natalie to know how to summon the fire and an existing source of the flames.

Devixer
2014-02-23, 06:56 PM
Meeting Room

"They will learn from us here or die in the field," the Operative says. He walks to one of the seats to grab the operations folder, but he doesn't sit down. "There is little more to it than that."

Aric Kale
2014-02-23, 07:23 PM
Advanced Lunchbreak

Zane floats down to the ground with his lava-platform, unsure of where to go next. He wasn't especially hungry, so he had no reason to leave. However, staying was not likely to be profitable, meaning he'll just follow the crowd wherever they go.

Zefir
2014-02-24, 01:54 AM
Basic Pyromancy -> Room 3

The sudden dismiss of the leason is a little suprise, but Mika won't say anything. This fireball lesson leaded to no success. Still Mika doesn't seem happy at all. Without managing the fireball lesson, she won't be able to go for Clarissas lesson. She can just hope that this isn't the only lesson they get.

Assuming there is a way to their rooms or at least they got teleported somewhere to reach them, she will head right there. She remembers to stay together, but Ashe was in the other lesson and Khyli seems to have something to do. Mika won't go off the way unless there is maybe a chance to stay close to Clarissa. Otherwise she ca be found at their 'apartment', making a light lunch .

Hattish Thing
2014-02-24, 02:58 PM
To Lunch

Kyson was intelligent enough to know not to bother with Khyli. After all, performing his work on a relative of Clarissa was a good way to end up inside out and nailed to a pillar. He was much more cautious than that. He looks down at his bizarre arm, wiggling the bony red fingers before swinging the strange arm all about, having difficulty undoing the spell. Eventually, he manages to let loose the spell, and his flesh rapidly begins to grow back on his arm, the strange bright red fire vanishing as well. It's actually pretty gross to see his blood vessels, skin, and bone all meshing and covering his arm again. It's not painful at all, just unnerving.

Anyway, he glances down at his arm with his deadish looking eyes, wondering exactly what he could do with his odd magical effect, and how to perfect it. As he moved to walk away, he gave Khyli another glance over. It's not the same glare as before, but it's undoubtedly chilling. He's not smiling at all, but his eyes seem to gleam and twinkle... His eyes really are strange. A deep dark green abyss of dim light... assessing all before him hungrily. And Khlyi might get a horrible shuddering feeling from his assessing eyes... He doesn't make any sort of offensive move to her, but it's clear there's something not right about him at all...

He aims to walk out of the room last, watching most everyone else leave first. As it's only him and Eo, he finally turns to face Khyli and speaks only lightly, his tenor voice a bit melodic as always. Thank you. At this, he even manages a smile, showing off the dull white of his teeth, his eyes flashing dangerously as he lightly bows his head. He stands up straight again for about three seconds, even moving to glance over Eo for a bit, before finally making his way out of the room, his rather well-kept shoes clacking on the floor, echoing lightly.

---

LunchTime:

I'm guessing groups are to meet and eat lunch with the rest, and are provided with something to eat? I don't know. Seeing as Kyson didn't get to pack or bring anything, he'll just move over to a lonely table and sit down. He doesn't know if food will be on the way or not, but decides to be polite and just wait. He looks over the others, however... And the members might feel his eyes look over them from the shadows... silently glancing about... always watching, always assessing. Like a chef before he lays a cut down on a particularly fat fish...

OrchestraHc
2014-02-24, 08:25 PM
Still in the Cavern

Emmi isn't going anywhere. One roommate is down and the other isn't leaving. This one is staying right here. She's not leaving either of them alone if she can help it.

The Alexandrian
2014-07-21, 05:49 PM
((Thread necromancy permission granted by the awesome Alarra! Thanks again! :smallsmile:))

[Clarissa's Manor - Expansive Hangar]

All KINDER members and instructors have been summoned to a large, empty hangar. Those who had trouble showing up of their own volition have been guided here by armed Umbrella guardsmen. Two heavily armored dropships which faintly resemble HALO's Pelican but with a significantly increased wingspan, proper doors on the sides of the dropship, and a more spacious interior with both a medbot and an ammo dispenser have landed here.

In addition, three people are waiting here.

The first is Nicole!

The lass bears a striking resemblance to Clarissa and a certain (more often than not) scantily clad (and indisputably traitorous) ex-AMENite shadowmancer...

With her demonic, crimson eyes, she has witnessed the eradication of entire civilizations with sick delight. With her inviting blood-red lips (curved into a predatory, toothy smile), she has sentenced thousands to burn alive. An outwardly ordinary mouth lined with rows of razor-sharp teeth conceals a sticky, tendril-esque tongue with which she consumes the bodies and souls of her prey with ecstatic glee. An unassuming yet regal fox tail with which she binds her victims while she torments them or devours them beckons one's gaze to rather stunning features of her fine figure. Her raven hair, so soft and silky, might evoke memories of that same aforementioned shadowmancer with which her mother was so very well acquainted. Her fair skin is unblemished and perfect yet so often drenched in blood and licked clean that the scent of blood is ever-present about it. A voluptuous and alluring body (and a rather strong back to support it) this young woman has been happily endowed with, and it has served this sinister soul well in attracting and subduing her prey. To be more direct about it, this lass is both incredibly hot and incredibly terrifying.

She is entertaining herself by chatting with her second in command - a twenty-two year old fair-skinned woman with silky-smooth fiery red hair which hangs loosely about the base of her neck. Her eyes are of such an intense hue of blue that they are rivaled only by the color of the brightest and hottest of flames. She seems to be proudly displaying nearly skintight red dragon scale armor of the most exquisite craftsmanship that most mortals have ever seen that covers her body from her neckline down. Some (who aren't deathly afraid of dragons) might find it challenging not to gawk at her while in her presence.

The third woman isn't fully visible. Only her oily coveralls, scuffed work boots, and fluffy skunk tail poke out from the shady underside of what seems to be a customized black Arwing from Star Fox. She is quietly talking to herself. A silver orb hovers in the air to the left of her. It doesn't do much else.

Devixer
2014-07-21, 06:04 PM
Clarissa's Manor

It's hard to determine exactly when the next person arrived, only that he did so after the three women. It'd be hard to find someone more contrasting to Nicole than the Operative. He carries the appearance of a human man, but everything about his appearance is concealed. His black combat uniform is made for stealth, and the hood conceals some of his face. The gas mask he wears conceals the rest of it. The lenses of the mask are completely dark, one might wonder how he sees through them. He looks at each of the three people in attendance for a moment before stepping somewhere more isolated.

It should be noted that the Operative is transparent this time. Seems he couldn't be bothered to find a body to steal, and is showing up as a ghost.

ThePhantom
2014-07-21, 06:13 PM
Clarissa's Manor

Resting on the ground is what appears to be a stuffed bear, the left side a standard teddy bear design, colored white. The right side, however, is black, with its side of the grin much more toothy. The black side watches the world with a eye that could be thought of in the shape of a lightning bolt, glows red. It should be fun when the students get here, the look of surprise is so nice to see.

Duck999
2014-07-21, 06:53 PM
Clarissa'a Manor-Expansive Hangar
((I dropped from most FFRPs, but when this when reappeared, I couldn't resist.))
Filii arrives in the area, dressed in his suit. With his top hat held high, he walks in. He once again carries a cane, highly decorated, and looks, overall, fancy and overdressed. He sees the other people there, and calmly takes in their appearances. After a little bit, he finds a nice wall to lean against. He looks around at everyone already there, and watches for new entrances. He looks really like he is just pondering something very deeply interesting, but to a close observer, it can be seen that his eyes, shadowed by his hat, are flicking back and forth, watching the going ons around him.

Beans
2014-07-21, 07:27 PM
[Expensive Hangar]

Eo arrives, looking about as average as she usually does---softworn jeans, sneakers, and a camisole. She wears a few forget-me-nots in her orange hair; her milk-white body is here and there given pale hints of the orange of her blood, such as in the nailbeds, the corners of her eyes (also orange in their irises), lips, and so forth.

She regards Clarissa and the others with her usual bland, blank manner, though she has the hint of a smile whenever she looks at Clarissa. She also glances at her fellow... applicants, wondering how they fare.

Aric Kale
2014-07-21, 09:56 PM
Expansive Hangar

Zane Darkstar is present, wearing a simple outfit of a white button-down dress shirt with black slacks held up by suspenders. He stands at the front of the group, his black eyes betraying no emotion other than boredom.
Just a reminder, this is Mutant!Clone!Zane, and instead of blood, his body flows with liquid fearblaze, giving his skin a much darker tone and a higher temperature. As such, he is far stronger than his original self, but his only desire is to reunite with Classic!Zane...we'll see how that goes.

Tris
2014-07-22, 01:35 AM
Expansive Hangar

Tanar Aerdoth has vibrant blue eyes which contrast with his brown hair and brown cloak, but they're not nearly as bright as the dragon lady's. He holds a quarterstaff, and on his shoulders stands a grey tabby cat with a white belly. He glances around himself confused.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-07-22, 10:46 AM
Expansive Hangar

A lone tiefling (http://rs56.pbsrc.com/albums/g162/KerfuffleMach2/Ravanys_zpscf866668.png~320x480) walks into the hangar and approaches the gathering. Her hair is short, black, and messy. Her skin is a deep red, with flame-like tattoos running up and down her arms, legs, shoulders, and back. Her boots are heavy and dark. Her top is tight leather that leaves her shoulders and back exposed, and ends with her ribcage, leaving most of her midsection exposed. Wrapped around her hips are a pair of wide belts and a rectangle of leather that hangs past her knees, but only covers one thigh. Hanging from one of the belts is a metal cylinder of similar size to the hilt of a sword. Her left eye is hidden behind an eyepatch, while her right one is gold in color.

Ravanys strides towards the group with an air of confidence about her. When she gets close enough, she'll place her hands on her hips and look around, analyzing everybody there.

OrchestraHc
2014-07-22, 06:37 PM
Hangar:

Emmi is also available. The curly haired Urban Elf is looking a lot less scared than when she was first brought to Clarissa's... What is this place, a lair? A fortress? Citadel?

Who cares? Emmi sure doesn't.

She seems to be intentionally as neutral as possible, not particularly curious about her surroundings. She does look surprised when she sees the black and white bear. "What? Is that...? She wouldn't. That is just plagiarism. That's not what I've seen of her style." Why would he even be here? Is Clarissa an anime fan or is she just screwing with her in particular? Does anyone else here get the reference? Emmi doesn't think anyone else here watches much anime. If so she needs to find out who, she's been wanting to talk to someone about JoJo since Stardust Crusaders started.

Arkhosia
2014-07-22, 06:52 PM
Clarissa's Manor

A newcomer is here, looking around nervously and slightly fearfully with the bright orange orbs of a shade fitting of a neon sign that she has been granted from her birth, her flawless skin a shade of light brown that is just a bit too dark to reach the shade of mocha. Down the back of the lean, tall, buxom and wide-hipped woman flows a cascade of long black hair that makes darkness jealous in it's shade alone and instills envy in volcanic soil and lava with the contrast of the black upon her slightly too large expendable extra red tee, despite lava being much more brighter and yellow than the clothing. Her long, skinny legs are adorned in faded jeans that are also a bit too big for her, hanging from her waist thanks to a mere centimeter of width. Her feet are bare, and not even the slightest less flawless than the rest of her skin despite her lack of shoes. Large, creamy dove-like wings extend from her back through a torn gap in her shirt, folded up and giving the lava and soil reason to envy. A slight orange aura surrounds her, mixed with a slight white one, and those that are weak to divine or infernal energy will feel slightly uncomfortably warm when close to her.
Her name is Erika, and she clings upon a well-used copy of The Princess Bride with her arms, sandwiching between it and her body a few other books such as the Hitchhiker's Guide, The Fault in our Stars, and lastly but not least of all, a Death Note Manga, all well used.

ThePhantom
2014-07-23, 06:32 PM
Expansive Hangar

The bear sits and waits, the daughter of the headmistress has the right to talk before the other teachers do.After all, the games can't begin until the rules are laid out, and the amount of rules he gets to make here is limited.

The Alexandrian
2014-07-23, 08:37 PM
[Expansive Hangar]

((I do believe that everyone interested in this org has posted in this thread aside from Zefir and Earl! Good! We've eleven people participating in this plot, I think (so far, at least).))

Eo may be a little disappointed when she ascertains that Clarissa is not present at this training session for undisclosed reasons.

One of these reasons may or may not be that she is couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a shotgun with an attached laser sight and a smart targeting system.

That is what today's training session is all about, after all! Guns! Bullets! Invasions! Explosions! AMERICA! **** yeah!
... Please excuse that outburst. I got a little carried away there. :smallredface::smalltongue:

It's just as strange that Khyli is missing as well. What's going on here?

Her tactical planning with alt-verse Alexis concluded, Nicole snappily turns to face the KINDER members that have assembled here with professional bearing that doesn't seem to suit her at all.

"Good morning, KINDER."

"You're all probably wondering who I am and what you're doing here, so allow me to introduce myself. I am Nicole Smith, daughter of Clarissa and Dave Smith. I'm the CEO of the Umbrella Corporation, a company that I inherited when my father and adopted sister Jane disappeared without a trace several years ago. In that time, I have rebuilt the company from the ground up under the auspices of my mother. Under my leadership, the Umbrella Corporation has secured well over twenty mineral-rich, inhabited worlds and cleansed them of the genetically inferior lifeforms which lived upon them."

"As you might have heard, my mother and my sister, Khyli, had hoped to take all of you on a field trip to CarnEvil so that you all could have some fun brushing up on your small arms marksmanship skills. Negotiations with Baron Ludwig von Tokkentakker, the undying ringleader of the carnival of the damned, broke down when Tokkentakker 'demonstrated an unwillingness to order his minions not to attack KINDER and Umbrella personnel on sight.' As of today, we have resorted to shotgun diplomacy to show the Baron the error of his ways."

"Earlier today, we launched a full frontal assault on CarnEvil. Shelling commenced at 0500 on the dot. At 0630, CarnEvil's shields were knocked out, shelling ceased, and fifty of our bioorganic weapons charged their frontline to soften up their defenses before our heavy units moved in. At 0714, assault mechs were dispatched to secure the perimeter. Since then, a frontline base of operations has been established. We've repulsed two counterattacks, but on both occasions, the Baron's forces consisted purely of suicidal clowns carrying copious amounts of explosive ordinance. Our scans of CarnEvil suggest that the Baron is fortifying his defenses within the walls instead of futilely attempting to reclaim the territory that we have claimed from him."

"I've transferred command of a unit of Umbrella soldiers and mechs to my mother to push through the front gates and disable the air defenses while a small squad of elites move in on the freakshow and haunted house to cripple their reserves before they can reinforce the frontlines. We would just bomb the Baron into submission, but we need the park intact in order to exploit its passive undead generation properties for our own gain."

"That's where you all come in. We'll split up into four fireteams each of which will be assigned a different objective. Each KINDER fireteam will be paired with a fireteam of Umbrella heavies to support them in accomplishing their mission objects. It should be cakewalk."

"Before I dismiss you, I must issue one final warning. Do not, I repeat, do not engage the Baron. If the Baron is slain, CarnEvil will reset. Clarissa must take him down herself."

"If you don't have any questions, borrow some gear from my mother's armory and meet me back here in twenty minutes. I'll brief your fireteam leaders on the enemy's assets, mission objectives, and troop deployments while we mount up."

Though I think we can skip looting the armory. Just assume that there's powered armor in there, enchanted swords and such, enchanted plate, chain, and demonic armor, portable force field units, and basically anything else you would like to arm your char with in there.

Keep in mind that chars will be rewarded with epic loot and abilities after debriefing.

Beans
2014-07-23, 09:34 PM
[Meeting Room]
Presumably this is where they return after gearing up...

A figure in iridescent black plate armor, its sheen indigo, clanks in. The strange, minimalistic design gives it an interesting look, and a soft orange light glows within the eyeslits.

Does this make me look unreasonable?
Oh no that's precious.

Arkhosia
2014-07-23, 10:10 PM
Erika returns, clad in a set of medieval-ish looking armor (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Dragon_Armor) modified for wings, a long sword glowing faintly with holy energy sheathed by her side and a sniper rifle upon her back in between her wings. The sword is a summoned weapon of her's, and Erika is currently perusing a handy gun operation guide!
A good observer may note she is reading it over and over again in an attempt to avoid any social interaction, and she seems quite nervous about this whole thing.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-07-23, 11:26 PM
Meeting Room

Ravanys returns with much less armor than the other two. She's gone for a kevlar based armor, dyed black. She still wears her heavy boots. She also found a helmet that fits with her horns.

Her belts are still present, with a third one added. This one has a pair of handguns. She has two ammo belts crossed over her chest. She also added some grenades to her own belts.

Ravanys glances over at Eo, then shakes her head a bit. You're gonna be gunning down people. I don't think it matters how you look.

Aric Kale
2014-07-24, 01:51 AM
Meeting Room

Zane shows up, though he could easily be missed. He's opted for a lightarmor stealth suit, with auto-camo and enchantments to give it more protection.
Looks like his sneaky side is showing...or rather, isn't.

As for weapons, he has one, fairly basic looking short sword which can burst into flames at the flip of a switch...flames which can readily be infected by black fire. In addition to the sword, a few kunai knives rest in special pouch on his belt, each ready to be drawn at a moment's notice.

If Nicole is worth her salt, she'll put him on a squad of stealthy bastards, all prepared to do some unfair back stabbing...Zane Darkstar is not designed for a firefight, oddly enough. He is best at killing people who aren't expecting it, and finding prime locations to set ablaze with the nightmare flame...

OrchestraHc
2014-07-25, 04:48 PM
Emmi walks in with a suit of futuristic looking gray body armor, an equally futuristic assault rifle attached to a socket on the armor's back. Her head is covered by visored helmet. She seems awkward in the armor, particularly how she continually rolls her shoulders.

"This is absolutely terrible," she complains to the area in general. "How many of us have actually been in a gunfight before? Now we have to lead squads to fight evil clowns. Whoops! Tautology..." Why are clowns so evil? All of them. They are just all SO EVIL. There's never a nice friendly Ronald McDonald looking guy who wants to be your friend.

Zefir
2014-07-25, 05:03 PM
Meeting Room

Mika comes back as well. Like Ravanys, Mika is less armored then the first two. Only (http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/d3o3-rq-6602.png)a few plates over her upper arms, legs, feets and breasts giver her protection from incoming projectils. On the back of her hands, she wears some strange looking plates with a few holes right over her fingers. Those holes can create plasma claws, strong enougth to cut metal. The belt she wears is a portable force field and that's all she got from the armory. She got no training with guns or any of the heavy weapons in their. So she doesn't care for that.

"Do we see Clarissa after our mission." Mika asks either now or befor they got armed

Arkhosia
2014-07-25, 05:24 PM
Emmi walks in with a suit of futuristic looking gray body armor, an equally futuristic assault rifle attached to a socket on the armor's back. Her head is covered by visored helmet. She seems awkward in the armor, particularly how she continually rolls her shoulders.

"This is absolutely terrible," she complains to the area in general. "How many of us have actually been in a gunfight before? Now we have to lead squads to fight evil clowns. Whoops! Tautology..." Why are clowns so evil? All of them. They are just all SO EVIL. There's never a nice friendly Ronald McDonald looking guy who wants to be your friend.

Until now, i'd actually never seen a gun before....
Erika comments, her melodic voice shy and somewhat low.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-07-25, 05:30 PM
Until now, i'd actually never seen a gun before....
Erika comments, her melodic voice shy and somewhat low.

Ravanys raises her eyebrow. I find that hard to believe.

I'm not good with them, but I've never needed to be. I'm still bringing my weapon. She pats the metal cylinder hanging from her belt.

Duck999
2014-07-25, 05:56 PM
Wherever the heck we meet
Filii arrives, or steps in, or whatever, and is still exactly the same as before, no weapon... yet. Soon, his cane turns into a pistol, then a shotgun, then a rifle. Then, a black sword. Will a sword do, or should I use a gun. Back to a cane.

Arkhosia
2014-07-27, 04:57 AM
Ravanys raises her eyebrow. I find that hard to believe.

I'm not good with them, but I've never needed to be. I'm still bringing my weapon. She pats the metal cylinder hanging from her belt.

well, I'm new here and have a bit of amnesia....
Erika replies, hiding behind the magazine-sized gun manual and drawing her wings around herself slightly.
Center of attention alert! Abort! Abort! Abort!

((Side note: I picture Erika's voice to be similar to Nia from the Gurren Lagann Dub))

Beans
2014-07-27, 07:08 AM

Eo clunks over, peering at the futurey shootygun on Emmi's back.

Have you been practicing with firearms? I would have equipped myself with more if I were more proficient with them. She lifts one of the side-plates of her armor's skirt to reveal a pistol. I have practiced with my magic instead.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-07-28, 09:33 AM

Have you been practicing with firearms? I would have equipped myself with more if I were more proficient with them. She lifts one of the side-plates of her armor's skirt to reveal a pistol. I have practiced with my magic instead.

Ravanys brings her eye over to Eo.

How hard can it be? Ya point and shoot.

Ah, poor, blissfully ignorant Ravanys.

Aric Kale
2014-07-28, 10:38 AM
Meeting Room

Zane makes his way behind Eo, likely undetected by her.
It's a bit more difficult than the horned one would like t claim...
You need to determine what kind of ammo your gun uses, and whether or not it has knock-back from bullets, or over heats from excessive firing off laser or plasma.

Then you need to make sure you hit what you aim for.

He speaks quietly, but his voice still carries, finding a way into your ear and mind. Darkstar steps past the girl and in between her and Ravanys.

That's why I avoid guns altogether...my flames are enough for me. He demonstrates by drawing his blade and thumbing a dial on the handle, causing some vibrant orange flames to appear along the three feet of blade. Within a few seconds, the orange fire is consumed by the dark flames for which Zane is known...

He points the sword at point in the floor away from others and shoots a fireball at the ground.
It is precise with a decent splash, leaving the ground well singed.

Zefir
2014-07-28, 10:46 AM
Meeting Room

"Do we really need those guns?" Mika asks while watching the fireballs.

She looks down at her armor and then at the others.

"I never got one in hand so i didn't even think about taking one at all."

KerfuffleMach2
2014-07-28, 10:59 AM
Meeting Room

Ravanys nods a bit at Zane's display. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.

She turns her head towards Mika and shrugs. The lady said to grab guns. I probably won't use mine much but I have them.

Devixer
2014-07-28, 11:44 AM
Expansive Hangar

The Operative doesn't bother with any sort of weapons or armor. He's a ghost, what can he do with any of that gear, whether or not he's psychic? Instead, he just waits at the meeting place for everyone else to come in.

OrchestraHc
2014-07-28, 01:07 PM

"No," Emmi admits. "Nothing beyond video games. Honestly, this one came with the suit."

"I think I'll also be relying on magic today."

ThePhantom
2014-07-28, 07:14 PM
Expansive Hangar

"Oh don't worry, you brats. What's a couple hundred of zombie elves, regular zombies, mutant bugs and gorillas to champion villains in training? After all, your teachers won't throw you into the deep end so early, even if that sounds like a lot of fun."

And now, the bear speaks, addressing the students of KINDER.

Zefir
2014-07-31, 11:16 AM
Meeting Room

Ravanys nods a bit at Zane's display. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.

She turns her head towards Mika and shrugs. The lady said to grab guns. I probably won't use mine much but I have them.

Meeting Room

"Really? I was a little late so I might ahve missed that." Mika says with a smile. As the bear speaks up, Mika slowly moves somewhere away from it.

The Alexandrian
2014-08-05, 01:41 PM
[Expansive Hangar - Get to the choppa!]

After all KINDER personnel have had ample opportunity to "borrow" anything and everything from Clarissa's armory that wasn't bolted to the floor (and potentially several items that were), they should have reconvened here.

Once they have done so (and after a slight delay), Nicole, more than a few minutes tardy to the party, sprints into the room and up in front of the dropships. The hawt dragon lady and the skunk creature who has the knack (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vHhgh6oM0) that were present and accounted for earlier are nowhere to be seen.

Nicole swears about pre-flight checklists and system diagnostics under her breath before she irritably issues her orders to KINDER.

"Eo, Emmi, E, Mika, you're in Alpha Squad. Emmi, you're responsible for E, the freaky teddy on the floor. If anything happens to it, it's on you. You also have the privilege of serving as the leader of Alpha Squad today. Your team will shut down the Haunted House from the inside. There should be a switch somewhere. Alpha Squad, pile into the dropship on my left."

"Operator, Zane, Erika, Ravanys, and Filii, you're Bravo Squad. Operator, Filii, and Zane, you're Fireteam One. Erika, Ravanys you're Fireteam Two. The Operator will be your squad leader today. You all will be burning the freak show to the ground. Bravo, your ride is the bird on my right. Mount up."

While the squads are filing into the dropships, Nicole will inspect their battle gear. If any KINDER individual isn't armed with a ranged weapon, they will be issued a magical semi-auto pistol with no instructions. Any target that is hit with a bullet discharged from one of these lethal numbers will suffer from a random type of elemental damage. Each unloaded pistol comes with three eleven bullet clips.

Additionally, every KINDER member will be provided with a comm unit so that they can keep in contact with their squad members at all times. The comm unit is a black earbud that discreetly fits into any standard ear.

Members will also receive a device which should wrap around their wrists and allow them to transmit video feed of their surroundings and old paper maps of CarnEvil.

"Normally, you would be briefed on enemy types, concentrations, our assets, their assets, and the like, but none of you should run into anything especially deadly, so we're going to forgo that waste of time and life and just skip to the good part ASAP."

"Squad leaders, take control of your squads. I'll see you on the ground."

With that, assuming that everyone will enter the dropships without starting a ruckus, Nicole will take her leave of KINDER, jumping into the pilot's pit of one of the dropships.

Arkhosia
2014-08-05, 07:38 PM
Hellicopter of no ROFLs

Erika nods nervously in understanding, putting the earbud in.
She walks up to The Operator nervously, timidly pulling on the strap of her rifle.
Um, uh, sir, may I, um may I provide air, um, air support? Y'know, um, covering fire from the, um, sky or roofs?
She asks, her shyness shown even more. Appears superiority makes her even more frightened of speaking with someone!

Aric Kale
2014-08-06, 11:59 AM
B Team

Zane walks over to the Operator with his new pistol at his side. Ready when you are. That's all he'll say for now, preferring to just get into the helicopter and wait in silence and partial invisibility.

KerfuffleMach2
2014-08-07, 09:36 AM
B Team

Ravanys actually has no idea who any of these people are. Not by name, at least. Good thing Nicole pointed out which helicopter was her ride.

The tiefling will casually stroll over to her ride and climb in. She picks a seat on the side, so she can turn a bit and let her tail hang free.

OrchestraHc
2014-08-07, 01:59 PM
Hanger - Alpha

"Really? I have to take care of the bear? Yup, this is definitely to screw with me." She's contemplating losing it on purpose. "Alpha Squad, on me!" she calls in what she hopes is an officious voice. "Huddle up! We need to talk strategy."

Duck999
2014-08-07, 04:33 PM
Hangar

Filii walks to his ride, nodding acknowledgement to his squad. He changes his cane to a rifle, then switches it back to show he has a ranged weapon.

ThePhantom
2014-08-07, 06:15 PM
Hanger - Alpha

"My name is Monokuma, but sure."

Monokuma gets up and walks over to where Emmi is.

"So you have a plan, or are you going to rely on your teacher for the mission?"

Zefir
2014-08-07, 06:23 PM
Hanger - Alpha

"Really? I have to take care of the bear? Yup, this is definitely to screw with me." She's contemplating losing it on purpose. "Alpha Squad, on me!" she calls in what she hopes is an officious voice. "Huddle up! We need to talk strategy."

Hanger - Alpha

Mika is one of the alpha members. She looks a bit confused after she was given a pistol from Nicole. She did never used such a thing and also has no idea how to use it. She will keep it around since it might be a present from Clarissa. after all it's her daugther giving them out.
The comm unit might be a bit of a problem, since Mika doesn't have standard ears. she is a kitsune with fox ears, but I assume nicole did prepare something for that.
Miaka will go into the dropship, following right behind Emmi. She waves a friendly welcoem at her and all that enter after her.

OrchestraHc
2014-08-13, 06:51 PM
Hanger - Alpha

"My name is Monokuma, but sure."

Monokuma gets up and walks over to where Emmi is.

"So you have a plan, or are you going to rely on your teacher for the mission?"

Hangar Alpha:

She called it. She absolutely knew and everyone should be impressed. "No... Monokuma," she says with a bit of surreal disbelief. "I'd be glad to hear suggestions, but right now, I'm interested in general strategies. Specifically, she says to her hopefully assembled team. "I want everyone in a tight formation. This is an infiltration mission. When we enter a room, I need everyone to clear corners, and I want someone watching our tail at all times. Anything you think I missed, Teacher?

Devixer
2014-08-13, 07:04 PM
B-Team

The Operative looks at the various members that he was assigned to babysit. None of them looked impressive to him. Erika, for her troubles, gets completely ignored. He doesn't have time to coddle people who stammer in the presence of a superior. "Bravo, on me." That's all he says before boarding the helicopter.

ThePhantom
2014-08-13, 09:32 PM
Hangar Alpha:

She called it. She absolutely knew and everyone should be impressed. "No... Monokuma," she says with a bit of surreal disbelief. "I'd be glad to hear suggestions, but right now, I'm interested in general strategies. Specifically, she says to her hopefully assembled team. "I want everyone in a tight formation. This is an infiltration mission. When we enter a room, I need everyone to clear corners, and I want someone watching our tail at all times. Anything you think I missed, Teacher?

"Ceiling and the floor. There's the signature monster of CarnEvil to keep an eye out for. Other than that, I'll see what you can do."

Monokuma then quickly runs into the alpha group's helicopter.

Beans
2014-08-13, 09:42 PM
Hangar Alpha:

Eo nods, patting her armor's skirt. I have brought things which will aid in rear awareness. They will be deployed once we are in the field.

Arkhosia
2014-08-13, 11:42 PM
B-Team

The Operative looks at the various members that he was assigned to babysit. None of them looked impressive to him. Erika, for her troubles, gets completely ignored. He doesn't have time to coddle people who stammer in the presence of a superior. "Bravo, on me." That's all he says before boarding the helicopter.

Operative uses Lower Self Esteem!
It's super effective!

Erika slinks off to a corner of the helicopter, wrapping her wings around herself to form a wing cocoon with a small hole for her to look out of.

Zefir
2014-08-14, 01:50 AM
"Ceiling and the floor. There's the signature monster of CarnEvil to keep an eye out for. Other than that, I'll see what you can do."

Monokuma then quickly runs into the alpha group's helicopter.

Eo nods, patting her armor's skirt. I have brought things which will aid in rear awareness. They will be deployed once we are in the field.

Hangar Alpha:

Drop Ship Alpha

"I can take the back. I never used these things. "she points at the armor and the gun she gor from Nicole. "That way I I won't stand in your ways." Mika replies with a friendly smile.

Aric Kale
2014-08-14, 11:11 PM
The Bad-ass Team!

Zane is already in the ship and waiting for take off. Right now he's just doing his best to be unseen.

The Alexandrian
2014-09-22, 10:03 PM
[Not Actually Deadtimed!]

((So I've been sitting here watching TomSka videos and thinking about KINDER and the last org I tried to run, CURATOR, which died horribly from deadtime. I spent some time analyzing what I did wrong, and I think I know where I've erred.

I'm too hard on myself. I have to like everything I post. I've spent hours editing some of my larger posts (let's not kid ourselves, most of my posts are ginormous). I look up dozens of words at a time, consult a thesaurus at least once every hour I post, and etc. It was really time consuming, and when life hit me like a bus, I couldn't keep doing what I was doing. Back when I was running CURATOR I was under a ton of stress, and I spent entire days forcing myself to post at a time which made posting feel like a chore.

Essentially, I ran that plot the wrong way and I had been running this org much the same.

If I change this and that (which won't be easy for me but should be doable) and with a little luck, I should be able to run this org for the duration of this upcoming quarter and Christmas vacation, at least. Should be able to run it longer, if what I'm going to try works as I think it should. I might not be online every day, but I should be able to be on every other day (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays) once school starts up again.

Anyway, I want to give this one more try, if anyone is up for it. I'll need to switch up team assignments so that the teams are smaller than they currently are, nix a secret mission idea I was planning to implement within the next few turns, and run the plot like it was just a bunch of two-char scenes, but it should work out just fine. I'll actually spend some time creating personal char sheets for recurring monsters and the like (a monster manual of my own devising, if you will) and spend an hour or two actually writing out the important plot points and the like on paper which should streamline things a little bit more, I estimate.

In short, I think I've found the solution to my inability to run plots like this. More updates on this tomorrow (and plot continuation will be edited into this post too - a notification will be posted in the OoC when this occurs).))

Duck999
2014-10-02, 07:33 PM
Filii follows the Operative, complete with a suit and cane.
((Your problem sounds so big compared to mine. I was just in so many RPs that I couldn't keep up. This is the only one I do now.))