PDA

View Full Version : Help with 3.5 NPC PrC

Jgosse
2014-01-20, 02:27 PM
The PrC is meant only for the bad guys in my campaign. Kalandor is a god who wants to wipe out any non humans and believes that none humans are evil and can not be trusted. Think Spanish inquisition ,Nazis, and the crusades all rolled into one. I will make a couple more of these, something like the Shadow of Kalandor and the Will of Kalandor.

Fist of Kalandor
Requirements
Race: True Human
BAB: 5
Feats: Weapon Focus Any melee, 1 human only feat.
Special: Must have killed at least one non-human humanoid in the name of Kalandor. No negative ability scores.

Hit die: d10
Skill points 6+int
Full BAB
All good saves.
Impure are any intelligent non-human creature. Tainted are human blooded non humans.

Mettle (Ex): Whenever you make a successful Fortitude or Will saving throw that would normally lessen (rather than negate) the effect of a spell or other magical ability, it has no effect on you at all. Any spell that is normally negated by a successful saving throw is unaffected by this ability.

Rage (Ex): when in combat with any impure a fist of Kalandor can enter a rage. See the barbarian rage class feature (PH 25). You gain additional uses of this ability at 5th and 9th levels. If you already have a rage or frenzy ability from another source, the uses per day stack with the rage granted by this class feature.

Surge of Hate (Ex): Whenever you begin a combat in which you see an impure among your enemies, add your class level as a morale bonus on your initiative check.

Dark vision (Ex): Starting at Second level you gain Dark vision 120 feet.
Smite the Impure (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, you can smite any impure once per day. This ability functions like the smite evil paladin class feature (PH 44), but the smite affects only Impure ones. You gain additional uses of this ability at 5th and 8th levels.

Impure Bane (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, when using a weapon to attack any impure, you gain a +1 insight bonus on your attack rolls and deal an extra 1d6 points of damage.

Shameful Strike (Su): At 4th level, you can make a shameful strike as a full-round action. You make a normal melee attack, but at a -4 penalty. If you hit, the target becomes sickened for 1 round per class level.

Deny Impure Magic (Su): From 6th level on, whenever you are targeted by a spell or spell-like ability cast by another humanoid, you can make a level check (using your total character level) as an immediate action. If the result is higher than your spell resistance, it replaces your spell resistance for the purpose of negating that spell.

Greater Bane (Su): Starting at 7th level, when using a weapon to attack a impure creature, you gain an aditional +1 insight bonus on your attack rolls and deal an extra 1d6 points of damage. Totaling +2 +2d6

Vengeful Strike (Su): At 8th level, whenever a impure does damage to you, you gain a +4 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls on your first melee attack against that individual in the following round.

Greater Rage: At 9th level, a Champion of Kalandor’s Strength and Constitution during his rage each increase to +6, and his morale bonus on Will saves increases to +3. The penalty to AC remains at -2.

Kalandor’s flame (Su): At 10th level, you can bestow a powerful curse on a single tainted as a full-round action. You must sacrifice two of your daily uses of smite or rage (or a combination of both) to use this ability. When you use Kalandor’s Flame, any single tainted within 30 feet that you can see clearly must succeed on a Will save (DC 20 + your Cha modifier) or have his none human blood burnt from his body, the tainted one must then make a fort save dc 10 + the tainted ones hit die or be consumed by the flame.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-01-21, 08:12 PM
everything seems fine. Although for Kalandor's flame, I don't see why the fortitude save is based off a tainted's HD. I would make it 1/2 class level plus CHA Mod, [or (15 +CHA mod)] or die. Because generally , the power of any spell or spell-like ability is based off the power of the caster, not scaled to the defender.

Jgosse
2014-01-21, 11:09 PM
everything seems fine. Although for Kalandor's flame, I don't see why the fortitude save is based off a tainted's HD. I would make it 1/2 class level plus CHA Mod, [or (15 +CHA mod)] or die. Because generally , the power of any spell or spell-like ability is based off the power of the caster, not scaled to the defender.

I did that because I picture it being more strenuous the stronger you are.

TheFamilarRaven
2014-01-22, 12:45 AM
Well, the way I see, it is an ability that targets "impure" humans, but you're not more "impure" if you have more class levels. It's up to you, you are of course the DM of your campaign. Just calculate the odds the party has of surviving the effect to see if it's balanced, insta kills should be around 40%-60% chance of survival by my book.

EDIT: And you do have two saves so it's not too bad

Jgosse
2014-01-22, 09:07 AM
Well, the way I see, it is an ability that targets "impure" humans, but you're not more "impure" if you have more class levels. It's up to you, you are of course the DM of your campaign. Just calculate the odds the party has of surviving the effect to see if it's balanced, insta kills should be around 40%-60% chance of survival by my book.

EDIT: And you do have two saves so it's not too bad

Yeah the first save is the real challenge the second save I want them to make. even a level 1 commoner has about a 40%-50% of surviving.