PDA

View Full Version : Durkon bringing Death and Destruction

Xapi
2014-01-20, 07:08 PM
Can it be that he returns, posthumously of course, to the Dwarven Lands, bringing Death and Destruction... as his new Cleric Domains?

Bulldog Psion
2014-01-20, 07:09 PM
Just one word:

NERRRRRRRRRGGGGAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!!

KillianHawkeye
2014-01-20, 08:57 PM
Death is not a domain option for generic vampire clerics.

A vampire cleric has access to two of the following domains: Chaos, Destruction, Evil, or Trickery.

A lot of people seem to think that Vamp!Durkon will have Death and Destruction as his new domains because Malack's deity, Nergal, is the western god of death and destruction. However, this relies on some kind of weird association that Durkon must worship the same deity that Malack did because Malack was a vampire cleric and he turned Durkon into a vampire cleric. This really doesn't make any sense. Malack did not train Durkon to be a cleric, and there was never anything shown that would indicate that he converted Durkon to his own faith.

So far in the comic, we have NO evidence that Vamp!Durkon is a cleric of Nergal (or of any other deity at all), and I can't see any reason for us to assume that he started worshipping the western gods just because he became a vampire on the western continent. It's more likely that there's someone appropriate on the northern pantheon that Vamp!Durkon would be interested in worshipping now that he is undead (many people also think he'd become a cleric of Hel), or he might choose to not worship anyone at all.

Gift Jeraff
2014-01-20, 09:13 PM
This idea popped into my head that Durkon would, for one reason or another, cast Earthquake while in the Dwarven Lands, thus bringing death to many and destroying their homes. However, that would require 1 or 2 more level ups, which seems unlikely now. I suppose there could be a scroll he gets or something.