PDA

View Full Version : Spells that debuff willsaves that offer no save

gawwy
2014-01-21, 03:09 AM
Hi play-grounders.

I'm looking for a way for a cleric to de-buff will saves while not offering any save against it.

Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

p.s. doesn't have to be a spell but has to be executable by a cleric.

juicycaboose
2014-01-21, 03:29 AM
Get the magic domain so you can use wands and buy a wand of Touch of Idiocy, touch spell that gives a 1d6 penalty to intelligence, wisdom and charisma

gawwy
2014-01-21, 03:53 AM
Get the magic domain so you can use wands and buy a wand of Touch of Idiocy, touch spell that gives a 1d6 penalty to intelligence, wisdom and charisma

hmm theres got to be a better way than that.

also ive already taken my domains as trickery and spell (for anyspell) and picked up illusion from complentive.

i did also take rune caster so i could just anyspell touch of idiocy into a (maximized) rune.

i feel if i did that rocks might magically fall on me

OldTrees1
2014-01-21, 04:10 AM
Unseelie Fey (+0 LA template) constantly gives nearby foes a penalty to saves equal to your Cha mod.

Popertop
2014-01-21, 04:11 AM
Usually you can find ridiculous no-save debuffs in the Spell Compendium, so I'd look there. I don't know any off the top of my head, it's been a while since I've been in a position to play 3.5.

Know(Nothing)
2014-01-21, 04:18 AM
Pronouncement of Fate from Heroes of Horror gets you at least -2 to all saves, if not -4, among other brutal things.

Calaca94
2014-01-21, 05:34 AM
There you go. (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/FindSpell.php)

theIrkin
2014-01-21, 05:50 AM
I know this will sound outrageous at first, but hear me out and hopefully this suggestion will help. DM-fiat'ing an ability is never a bad idea. Some kind of aura granted to the cleric by his god that impacts saves isn't terrible, and feats which increase DC's abound (I can't remember any off the top of my head, sorry). A flat +2-5 on save DC's or as a penalty to saves, if used judiciously, wouldn't be unfair and can shake up the challenges. Don't overuse it, just once in a while as a different challenge, and your players will appreciate the challenge and will probably never ask where it came from. Just don't give a +10 differential to what your players expect and you'll be fine.

Chronos
2014-01-21, 10:26 AM
I know this will sound outrageous at first, but hear me out and hopefully this suggestion will help. DM-fiat'ing an ability is never a bad idea.
It is when you're not the DM.

theIrkin
2014-01-21, 11:58 AM
Chronos: touche