PDA

View Full Version : Deities as Weapons of Mass Destruction

ArlEammon
2007-01-24, 04:17 AM
Deities as Weapons of Mass Destruction - Wizards Community (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=11274358#post11274358)

Meet Rokahnar, a massive, seven hundred million mile, teeming, world, still recovering from the devastation wrought by the gods 2,000 years ago.

I'm thinking of introducing my PCs to the campaign world by starting it off as characters in a world where brain washed children become raised by different kingdoms to be used against eachother as very powerful weapons. Sort of Chronicle the gods of the Campaign setting by introducing them as NPCs with personality. So far I have the idea of having a Fate/Void god, an Order god, a Chaos god, a Nature god , and the god of Light and Darkness, as well as the Arcane god, and the gods of Life and Death, as well as the Outer god(Far Realms), who was actually created by an Empire, and the Exalted god. (Exalted as in the extremely good alignment type)

More gods are coming on the way, but the whole gist of the Campaign is that the gods actually have interaction and figure that something isn't right, and then rebel against their Empires, causing a Cataclysm. I have some questions regarding the gods.

1) What are some good names for them?
2) What are some good ways to get the players involved without getting their butts kicked in this intensely dangerous interaction with a god?
3) What are some ways to get around the restriction of them not being able to stop the Cataclysm to still make the Campaign cool and appealing?

http://boards1.wizards.com/images/misc/community/progress.gif
(http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=11274358#post11274358)

Fredderf
2007-01-24, 04:43 PM
OK, sorry, but ya lost me. What about children being trained to fight each other? Are they the gods? Please explain.
As for getting the players involved with immensely powerful beings, just let the characters know that these god things are nearly all powerful. Most of them should figure out that they can't fight these things head on.

ArlEammon
2007-01-24, 06:11 PM
The programmed children are the gods.

Eighth_Seraph
2007-01-24, 09:47 PM
Er, elaboration may be in order, but I think I see what you're getting at. This almost reminds me of Lusternia's ascended gods, which are essentially the most powerful of a civilization's citizens, which use their city or commune's nexus of power to rise to power above that of mortals.

In this case, it's also got a touch of Naruto, in the sense that the children are born with uncontrollable power (like Gaara or Naruto himself) and then taught from birth that the kingdom's enemies are the epitome of evil and only through their godly power can the kingdom purge them from existence and rule peacefully. If so, I like the idea; if not then further elaboration is needed.

Flabbicus
2007-01-24, 09:56 PM
Er, elaboration may be in order, but I think I see what you're getting at. This almost reminds me of Lusternia's ascended gods, which are essentially the most powerful of a civilization's citizens, which use their city or commune's nexus of power to rise to power above that of mortals.

In this case, it's also got a touch of Naruto, in the sense that the children are born with uncontrollable power (like Gaara or Naruto himself) and then taught from birth that the kingdom's enemies are the epitome of evil and only through their godly power can the kingdom purge them from existence and rule peacefully. If so, I like the idea; if not then further elaboration is needed.

Ah Lusternia, where my lupine druid could never kill a shark to complete that damn Monastery quest. Stupid unbreakable shields not working right. Good times.

ArlEammon
2007-01-24, 10:32 PM
Yep. Its like Naruto then.