PDA

View Full Version : Duskblade Help(3.5/PF)

sambouchah
2014-01-21, 01:34 PM
I've wanted to roll up a Duskblade for a while now but we've always needed buffers/healers in our party. This time I'm going to play one!

All books are allowed, most PF is allowed.

How well would a Feral(Savage Species) Giant(pfsrd) Duskblade do? I know the big hit (-4) to Intelligence is gonna hurt but what if I had an 18 there? I feel like the +12 Strength, +6 Constitution and +8 Natural Armor would be worth it, especially if you only need a 15 Intelligence.

I wanna be a charger so for feats for Charging like Power Attack, Leap Attack, Shock Trooper. Then the ever useful Knowledge Devotion, and Leadership for a buffer cohort. What else would be good to have feat wise?

Also are there any good Duskblade spell list fixes?

Thanks Playground!:smallbiggrin:

Fouredged Sword
2014-01-21, 01:38 PM
Aim for an Int of 11 at character creation. Investing the points you get for leveling and a +int item will cover your casting. Most things you should be casting are rays or touch attacks with no save, so you don't need int boosting.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-01-21, 01:45 PM
If you're mixing 3.5/PF anyways, perhaps look at the Primordial Giant template?

For the cost of -4 Strength/-2 Constitution, you get +4 Intelligence/+4 Charisma, a decent SLA and a Knowledge skill as a class skill. All for a +0 (inherited) template.

sambouchah
2014-01-21, 01:49 PM
If you're mixing 3.5/PF anyways, perhaps look at the Primordial Giant template?

For the cost of -4 Strength/-2 Constitution, you get +4 Intelligence/+4 Charisma, a decent SLA and a Knowledge skill as a class skill. All for a +0 (inherited) template.

So Primordial Giant would even out my Intelligence and leave me with a better score, or should I use only Giant and Primordial Giant templates for a good strength/constitution bonus and a bonus to Intelligence and Charisma?

HammeredWharf
2014-01-21, 02:32 PM
There's a feat in Complete Divine called Arcane Disciple. It could turn you into a decent out of combat healer, but Duskblade is more of a damage class.

Zharradan Marr
2014-01-21, 02:38 PM
Duskblade doesn't need that much of an Int focus. As long as you get Int 11-12 at low levels and ramp into Int 15-16 at high levels, it'll work fine. Boosts to Str and Con are more important.

sambouchah
2014-01-21, 02:39 PM
There's a feat in Complete Divine called Arcane Disciple. It could turn you into a decent out of combat healer, but Duskblade is more of a damage class.

What domain would be best for gaining more Touch Spells I can channel?

Zharradan Marr
2014-01-21, 02:42 PM
What domain would be best for gaining more Touch Spells I can channel?Death Domain, hands down. For coolness points, nothing beats killing an enemy with a massive Power Attack, and immediately animating him with a channeled Animate Dead.

sambouchah
2014-01-21, 02:43 PM
Death Domain, hands down. For coolness points, nothing beats killing an enemy with a massive Power Attack, and immediately animating him with a channeled Animate Dead.

That would be awesome! Further, Necromancy is one of my favorite things!

sambouchah
2014-01-21, 02:51 PM
Can Duskblades create spells? Cause I think it would be awesome to have a spell that increases the effective amount of arms used to Power attack.

Something Like:
Spectral Power Attack(Name subject to change)
Gain 1 spectral arm/2 caster levels for one round per level.

Deadline
2014-01-21, 07:06 PM
What domain would be best for gaining more Touch Spells I can channel?

Well, usually the reason for Arcane Disciple on a Duskblade is to get the Rhino's Rush spell from the Wrath Domain - especially if you are building an ubercharger.

Eldaran
2014-01-21, 08:41 PM
Just so you know, Duskblades make rather poor chargers. The main draw of a Duskblade is Arcane Channeling, which lets you channel a spell through your weapon as a standard action. Charge is a full round action, which means you won't be able to channel and charge. You could channel one round then hold the spell in your weapon and charge next round, but that is pretty wasteful in terms of action economy.

Kaje
2014-01-21, 08:50 PM
SLTBarb 1 / Duskblade 13 can full attack on a charge.

gorfnab
2014-01-21, 11:52 PM
Duskblade Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=525)

A level of Beguiler with the feat Versatile Spellcaster is somewhat amusing for Duskblade builds.

Arcane Strike will give you an attack and damage boost, but it will burn up your spell slots.

Obatin/ Improved Familiar (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7508.0) can net you a flanking buddy, especially considering the decent Con you're going to have.

Martial Study/Stance can net you some decent options.