PDA

View Full Version : Mount Questions (Drakkensteed)

MCJennings
2014-01-21, 03:39 PM
I've been playing 4.0 with some friends, and we've recently decided to switch to 3.5. I've been doing a lot of reading on how things are different and there's just a few things I can't find on my own.

I plan to have a Water-Orc Dragonborn Paladin. I intend to use the Drakkensteed Mount Class Feature at LVL 5 (PG 13 Dragon Magic) and then the Celestial Mount Planar Substitution at LVL 6 (PG 33 Planar Handbook).

Questions: How would the Drakkensteed choose feats? I see a lot on forums about this (Vow of Poverty specifically), but I'm not sure where it's coming from.

Can a Drakkensteed donate a horn or anything else as would be required for Wyrmgrafting them onto another? (PG 126 Races of the Dragon)

Would the Celestial Drakkensteed Mount Level? If so, how does this work? When could it take new feats if ever?

Finally, would the Celestial Presence variant (PG 125 Dragon Magic) be available to the Celestial Drakkensteed Mount? It simply says "This variant presence is most common among celestial and half-celestial dragons (as well as planar dragons native to the but any good-aligned dragon can have it." But I'm not sure if this is under the assumption that the dragon already has a frightful presence.

If possible, indicate what book you are referencing so that I can show my DM the resources used. Thank you in advance!