PDA

View Full Version : Libraries of Faerun? -or- Avoiding Thieving Wizards

unseenmage
2014-01-21, 03:56 PM
Greetings all, I have need to know where between Waterdeep and Rashemi a merchant minded player character could/would be able to find information about Fey Crossroads without meddling Wizards or Druids stealing his discoveries.

To narrow the field some, maybe just libraries close to those two points as Teleportation could/would be used to cover the vast distance.

The character is a son of a Masked Lord of Waterdeep and is finding his fortune in the world. He's discovered a Crossroads (MoF) related magic item and needs information about how to work it, thus the library idea.

Further info:

If it matters, character is level 11, 3.5 +3.0 +Conan d20 +gestalt. Third party allowed, no homebrew, Faerun game. Character is Rogue +Merchant Prince (PoF) on one side and Noble (Conan d20) on the other. Has Leadership as a class feature and has split his followers up into six seperate businesses as detailed in the IIRC DMG2.

The item is a piece of Wondrous Architecture (SBG) that allows him to use each of the Crossroads related spells once. After the Create Crossroads spell is used the item becomes inert. Slaying the Guardian or moving the item will destroy the created Crossroad and make the item active again.

The item is described as a Huge size stone pillar covered in Druidic runes.

Valwyn
2014-01-21, 04:21 PM
I don't know where it is, but Candlekeep should be a good place to look for info, as well as Oghma's (spelling?) temples. Mystra's and Azuth's temples should have decent libraries as well.

Toliudar
2014-01-21, 04:31 PM
IIRC, Suzail is about halfway in between Waterdeep and Rasheman. Perhaps this place (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/The_Silent_Room) would suit your needs.

Unfortunately, in Faerun, meddling wizards and druids are pretty ubiquitous. :smallsmile:

Kuulvheysoon
2014-01-21, 04:38 PM
Is Spirit Soaring too far south? It's been a long time since I've read the Cleric Quintet.

Melcar
2014-01-21, 05:50 PM
For all your faerunian needs: http://forum.candlekeep.com/