PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Wild Cohort Mount

Valwyn
2014-01-21, 04:30 PM
So I was wondering, which would be a better choice for Wild Cohort? I'm looking mainly for transportation, though it wouldn't hurt if it could fight back. Also, any ideas on what equipment I should buy for it?

Any recommendations for a flying mount for a human? I'm looking mainly for transportation, though it wouldn't hurt if it could fight back. Also, any ideas on what equipment I should buy for it?

I'll probably be playing a Spirit Shaman, maybe around level 12 or 15, if it matters.

Edit: Thanks to Urpriest for correcting me.

Urpriest
2014-01-21, 04:31 PM
Pretty sure neither is an option for Wild Cohort. Do you mean regular Leadership?

Valwyn
2014-01-21, 04:40 PM
*checks* D'oh! I guess I got confused. :smallsigh:

No, I meant Wild Cohort. I guess I'll have to look for another mount.

Ramza00
2014-01-21, 04:46 PM
Dire eagle races of the wild

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-21, 05:07 PM
A Dire Eagle in Races of Stone is a large size flying 'level -3' companion. You would be able to get it as a Wild Cohort no sooner than 7th level, still at 'level -3' though.

Note that PH2's list of possible animal companions mistakenly placed a 'level -6' adjustment on it. Luckily this is on a table, whereas the printing in RoS includes it in the text description, and the text always overrides the table when they disagree per the primary source rules.

Valwyn
2014-01-21, 05:11 PM
Yeah, Dire Eagle seems like a winner.

Any ideas on items? I was thinking of a constant item of Disobedience (blocks attempts to mentally control the target) and generally items that boost Will saves.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-01-21, 05:34 PM
See if you can get Exalted Companion from BoED and make it a Celestial Dire Eagle for an additional 'level -1' adjustment. If so, you can give it Sacred Vow and Vow of Poverty, and it won't even need items.

Otherwise, maybe check out some of the dragon items in the Draconomicon. Some kind of protection from mind affecting or ranged touch attacks could also be useful, considering a single Ray of Stupidity (SC) is guaranteed to put it into a coma if it hits. But basically anything from the cheap sections of this list of effects (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851), though it may not be able to activate items itself so stick to passive benefits.