PDA

View Full Version : Ways to detect and execute dragonblood.

RPGaddict28
2014-01-21, 05:05 PM
I want a quest in my current campaign to be a group of crusaders(not the class) that come town-to-town and lynch anyone with draconic heritage/blood.

Before I continue, the reason why they do this is because in my setting almost all non-humanoids got locked into a far away part of the continent, but they're have been signs of monsters past the border. These crusaders think it'd be in the best of interest of humanity to kill off anyone that is draconic, in case they have ties to the real dragons.

Now, 2/5 of my PC's have the dragonblood subtype, and an NPC that they like has it. These crusaders are gonna come into town, cast Detect Dragonblood, and hang anyone that pings. I don't expect any of them to stand for this, and fight these crusaders. What are some cool, anti-dragon things to use on them?

Snowbluff
2014-01-21, 05:07 PM
Humanoid bane weapons of various kinds. Most Dragon bloods are not Dragons, so they should be carrying everything but Dragon Bane. :smalltongue:

Sith_Happens
2014-01-21, 05:20 PM
Humanoid bane weapons of various kinds. Most Dragon bloods are not Dragons, so they should be carrying everything but Dragon Bane. :smalltongue:

Last I read it, Dragonblood causes you to be treated as a Dragon for the purpose of spells and effects that affect Dragons. So a dragon-descended slayer does in fact want a Dragon Bane weapon.

...That, and some potions of Hide from Dragons.:belkar:

Snowbluff
2014-01-21, 05:46 PM
Last I read it, Dragonblood causes you to be treated as a Dragon for the purpose of spells and effects that affect Dragons. So a dragon-descended slayer does in fact want a Dragon Bane weapon.

...That, and some potions of Hide from Dragons.:belkar:

Oh cool. I was thinking that might be the case. If it is, totally do dragon bane.

animewatcha
2014-01-21, 05:51 PM
Isn't there ways to have 'nondetection' versus detect X?

Sith_Happens
2014-01-21, 05:59 PM
Isn't there ways to have 'nondetection' versus detect X?

Either of Nondetection or Misdirection would work.

animewatcha
2014-01-21, 06:29 PM
There any way around those two?

Snowbluff
2014-01-21, 06:32 PM
There any way around those two?

Sheets of lead.