PDA

View Full Version : would you say this is worth it for psy war?

morkendi
2014-01-21, 05:12 PM
Getting ready to get 5th lvl powers, I was thinking about expand knowledge and pick up psychic reformation. This would allow me to link it to something with link power right? This way I can shuffle feats and powers as long as I keep the expand knowledge? It would manifest the next round if linked instead of 10 minutes if I am reading correct?

Big Fau
2014-01-21, 05:15 PM
Yes, you should do that if your DM will allow it (RAW it works, but a lot of DMs will balk at the idea of you being able to change how your character works whenever you want).

morkendi
2014-01-22, 12:31 AM
I think my DM will let me. He likes this character a lot. He let us do LA buy off, and everyone took these crazy high templates. I took half giant and feral only for +2. I spend most of my time using pounce, then manifest hustle to move back. I think it would be fun to be able to change things up on the fly.

Kalaska'Agathas
2014-01-22, 12:53 AM
In general, having Psychic Reformation as a power known is well worth it - so long as having the ability to make structural changes on the fly isn't too much for your table, and your DM won't balk at it. The only thing better than getting it from Expanded Knowledge would be paying a high level manifester to grant it to you via Psychic Chirurgery, which may be within your budget, and is therefore something to consider.