PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic and Least Wish

rmnimoc
2014-01-21, 06:32 PM
We all know Least Wish (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-v35--6/prestidigitation--2901/) is hands down the greatest cantrip ever. I feel it deserves to be more than that though, it deserves to be the greatest spell ever! So, what metamagic can we add to Prestidigitation to help it climb to that level?

Snowbluff
2014-01-21, 06:33 PM
Twinned Ocular Repeat. EYEBEAMS OF SOAP, ACTIVATE!

Pex
2014-01-21, 06:39 PM
Delayed Least Wish of a sound of pops and foul smelling air to play a joke on someone? Can work just as well if Silent and Still.

rmnimoc
2014-01-21, 06:41 PM
I don't clean things, I simply glare at the dirt and make it cease to exist. Or glare at someone to make them filthy. The possibilities....
Granted it has little to no practical applications beyond the original spell far as I can see, but it is rather awesome.

Delayed Least Wish of a sound of pops and foul smelling air to play a joke on someone? Can work just as well if Silent and Still.
It lasts for an hour so you can do that anyway.

Irk
2014-01-21, 06:44 PM
Flash frost + piercing cold + fell drain with arcane thesis (Least Wish) and Easy Metamagic (fell Drain)?

Or chain spell to make an entire feast taste more interesting.

Ooh, or you could persist it since it has a fixed range!

nedz
2014-01-21, 06:57 PM
I'm going to have to give out a scroll of Persisted Prestidigitation one of these days.

Zombulian
2014-01-21, 09:22 PM

I laughed really loudly at this and my family thinks I'm weird now.

TrueJordan
2014-01-21, 11:51 PM
Is this from the HPatN20? If so, I'm reading it now and finding it to be awesome.

Zombulian
2014-01-22, 12:13 AM
Is this from the HPatN20? If so, I'm reading it now and finding it to be awesome.

Hm? You mean prestidigitation?

Mithril Leaf
2014-01-22, 12:43 AM
Hm? You mean prestidigitation?

He's referring to a quite entertaining piece of Harry Potter fanfiction wherein "Milo", a typical decent-op wizard with the personality of a typical decent-op wizard player ends up in the Potter universe. It has a large number of references and interesting tidbits, including amusing tips at the end of chapters from time to time.

Rastapopolos
2014-01-22, 12:46 PM
Invisible spell least wish? You could cover people in invisible dirt... Make things damp with invisible water... Be the worlds worst stage magician (noo its an INVISIBLE bunny)

The thing thats always irked me about prestigation is the "cant duplicate other spell effects" clause... Surely it cant do anything then as it would conflict with regular wish?

EDIT- Oh you could also colour things INVISIBLE!

Zweisteine
2014-01-22, 02:13 PM
Invisible spell least wish? You could cover people in invisible dirt... Make things damp with invisible water... Be the worlds worst stage magician (noo its an INVISIBLE bunny)

EDIT- Oh you could also colour things INVISIBLE!

Well, you could also make a small object (a coin) invisible even to those with true seeing. That would allow you to impress more magically-inclined people with your cheap parlor tricks. Say you're entertaining a Fey with always-on true seeing. Invisible Prestidigitation = invisible invisible coin = invisible only to people with true seeing. If you also cast a quickened prestidigitation on it, nobody can see it!