PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3: Sentinel Looks Disappointing

Snufkin
2014-01-21, 08:52 PM
So basically I've just ordered mass effect 3 and I'm now planning a playthrough with my Shepard imported from 1 and 2.

The sentinel is probably my favourite class overall throughout the series so far, with infiltrator being a close second. I love the "bag of tricks" style of play, and gaining the ability to tank with tech armour in mass effect 2 was just the icing on the cake.

However i've been reading through the sentinel guide on mass effect 3 wiki, and it looks like they have really nerfed the class's bread and butter abilities. For example: Tech armour no longer automatically detonates, and warp no longer damages barriers.

Is this class still worth playing?

Zevox
2014-01-21, 09:00 PM
So basically I've just ordered mass effect 3 and I'm now planning a playthrough with my Shepard imported from 1 and 2.

The sentinel is probably my favourite class overall throughout the series so far, with infiltrator being a close second. I love the "bag of tricks" style of play, and gaining the ability to tank with tech armour in mass effect 2 was just the icing on the cake.

However i've been reading through the sentinel guide on mass effect 3 wiki, and it looks like they have really nerfed the class's bread and butter abilities. For example: Tech armour no longer automatically detonates, and warp no longer damages barriers.

Is this class still worth playing?
We already have a long-running, active Mass Effect thread, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324896). I'll post an answer to you there.

Snufkin
2014-01-21, 09:09 PM
Oh sorry about that, i'll move it now.