PDA

View Full Version : Oscar nominees

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-24, 03:19 PM
the Oscar nominees for this year came out yesterday.

http://imdb.com/features/rto/2007/oscars

That's the IMDB link for the nominations. I can honestly say that for the first time in a long time I'm really not interested in seeing any of the best picture nods this year with the exception of Letters from Iwo Jima. In past years, I always try my best to see all 5 nominations for best picture but after seeing the list this year, I highly doubt I will do that. The only other movie on the entire nominee list that I might be interested in seeing that I haven't seen already (I've seen Pirsuit of Happyness already) would be The Last King of Scotland. So what does everyone else think of the list this year?

WampaX
2007-01-24, 04:25 PM
I'd like to see the indy Little Miss sweep . . . but that's probably not going to happen.

Amotis
2007-01-24, 04:27 PM
I adore that movie. I hope it does as well.

Actor - Forest

Actress - Don't know, Judi maybe?

Druid
2007-01-25, 02:53 AM
I've hardly seen any of these. I feel out of touch:smallfrown:

CaptainSam
2007-01-25, 11:26 AM
Actress - Don't know, Judi maybe?

She was born in York, you know!

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-26, 03:05 PM
I really hope the following win

Pan's Labryinth
An Incovienent Truth
Letters from Iwo Jima

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-26, 03:09 PM
I hope the Oscars have some sort of terrible technological breakdown and all the feeds are lost. Then in the ensuing chaos people will realize that there is more to life than watching the super rich pat each other on the back in a overgrown popularity contest. :smallyuk::smallbiggrin: (I don't care much for awards shows but good luck to all involved:smallsmile:)

slipnslide
2007-01-31, 09:06 AM
i wish the best to lil miss sunshine. i really loved that movie.

sktarq
2007-01-31, 05:40 PM
I'd have to say Queen-I found it a totally amazing movie though I may just give it best Script and Actress and go for little miss Sunshine. (I have seen all but Babel