PDA

View Full Version : Variants in the Tippyverse

paperarmor
2014-01-22, 12:57 PM
By which I mean the variant magic systems other than psionics and Martial Adepts how do they stack up in the tippyverse?

Kazyan
2014-01-22, 01:05 PM
Binding doesn't do much in the way of permanent effects, and Incarnum is all personal effects, few of which have any wide-scale application. You just can't get the sheer ridiculous power, versatility, and customizeability that spells do with any other subsystem besides psionics.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-22, 02:17 PM
Psionics can do stuff almost on the level of full casters. (Actually, with StP Erudites and Psychic Chiururgy, they can outdo full casters if they really try). Everything else is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things-- if I remember correctly, wizards use armies of Shadesteel Golem Factotum 8/Warblade 20/Decisive Strike Martial Monk 2's as soldiers.

Devils_Advocate
2014-01-22, 04:23 PM
I haven't actually read over the section on incantations (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/incantations.htm), but it seems like they might be important.

For the most part, though, divinity. This is why it's an explicit assumption that "the gods are mostly silent". But deities lacking direct influence in the world makes even less intuitive sense than spellcasters lacking direct influence.