PDA

View Full Version : [PF]So my DM went Super Saiyan

Spore
2014-01-22, 02:22 PM
Hey,

I am currently playing in a homebrew world (magepunk, low magic though) and ever since our group has defeated a CR 18 Purrodaemon (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/additionalMonsters/daemon.html#_daemon,-purrodaemon) (on an astral realm, with +5 Holy Weapons), I seem my DM goes a little bit overboard with his encounters and adventures. Said demon was an ingame quest for our cleric but doubled as a benchmark for the strength of our group. I believe he thinks our group can now kill all of the MHB.

Current group:
Aasimar Evangelist Cleric (providing Blessing of Fervor, +3 Inspire Courage and Heroism Aura as well as Airwalk and Prayer)
Catfolk Trapper Ranger with small cat companion (insanely fast striker and skill monkey; DWing)
Elven Arcane Archer (Fighter/Wizard/Arcane Archer; dealing heavy damage)
Tiefling Hexcrafter Bladebound Magus (yeah, I might just say Shocking Grasp here)
and me, a Halfling Beast Rider/Paladin

Our enemies include:
Main villainess: Half-fiendish Ancient Red Dragon Sorceress
Enemy guild (our own linear guild):
- An insane guild leader wizard with necromancy, demonology and a fondness for explosions
- an undefined amount of well-optimized NPC mercenaries out to kill us
Former quest giver: Non-evil black dragon sorcerer, slightly weaker than the main villain
Ancient lich whose phylactery we've destroyed but we never met the body however (he nearly killed our one-shot group by siccing a Horned Devil after them)
An Orc King who is capable of defeating a 15ish Barbarian (who is also against us since it's my evil PC from another campaign)

Several small inconveniences like a whole city of salamanders, fire giants and their leader, a huge magma dragon, a green dragon trapped in a sealed dimension and the whole divine inqusition (who operate outside of national law and killed all of our tiefling's village populace.

I like intense battles but for my character I can't really do anything when not mounted. I went for an ubercharger build and last session, my animal companion was disintegrated (failed his fort save with an 24). I took my first level in Paladin (otherwise his HP would've been enough to not be powderized, but that's besides the point). Most of the battles tend to happen in the air and I asked my DM about a new mount. Lacking ideas at 4 am in the morning I haven't thought of much.

I am asking you for appropriate PALADIN mounts under the following constraints:
- pref. dragon subtype
- Int below or close to 6
- Flight capability
- Medium size
- Half-Celestial Template could also be workable but only on weaker creatures.

No horses or ponies please. I came up with a river drake but I want to hear your examples for good mounts. Please keep in mind that I should actually take a mount from a list and will only get permission if the power of the mount is close to one on the lists for Beast Riders or Paladins.

Sayt
2014-01-22, 08:20 PM
The hippogriff rider ranger is pretty decent, one of the fastest actual animal companions in the game. Otherwise, you might be able to swing leadership for a young dragon.