PDA

View Full Version : Bard ACF

Grayson01
2014-01-22, 03:29 PM
What book is Dragon Fire inspiration I thought it was Dragon Magic but can't find it.

Also are there any other good Bard ACF to replace some I the less useful bardic music?

Uncle Pine
2014-01-22, 03:32 PM
Dragonfire Inspiration is from Dragon Magic, but it's a feat. This is probably why you didn't find it.

Grayson01
2014-01-22, 03:34 PM
Dragonfire Inspiration is from Dragon Magic, but it's a feat. This is probably why you didn't find it.

That could be why lol

Twilightwyrm
2014-01-22, 03:40 PM
That could be why lol

This actually has a nice advantage this way. On the one hand, you have to burn a feat, on the other hand, you can stagger your Bardic Music so you have both Inspire Courage and Dragonfire Inspiration effecting your allies at the same time.

Darrin
2014-01-22, 03:59 PM
Also are there any other good Bard ACF to replace some I the less useful bardic music?

"Music of Creation", Eberron Campaign Sourcebook page 34. You can swap out bardic music for a small number of bard-related feats, notably Song of the Heart. However, Inspire Competence is a prereq for Song of the Heart, so the soonest you can swap for that would be Bard 6. (While "suggestion" is one of the more useful bard features, if you absolutely have to have it, just carry it around on a scroll.)

Out of the other feats... Haunting Melody might be interesting to swap in at Bard 9 for a debuff or fear-based build, but the rest of the "Music of..." options are kinda yawners. However, Inspire Greatness is probably more useful than anything you could swap it for. After Bard 9, you should probably be in a PrC (Sublime Chord 2 + something 8).

Irk
2014-01-22, 07:01 PM
In a hexblade/paladin of tyranny/bard build, doomspeak is great, along with some dragon magazine feats I can't remember. Words of creation is always good. Draconic heritage would let you change the energy type.

gorfnab
2014-01-22, 07:14 PM
The Bard Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8284) lists most of the Bard ACFs.