PDA

View Full Version : Team "Tarquin's Doom" is lacking spellcasting

hoff
2014-01-22, 05:46 PM
Leeky is bound to make a comeback!

Also I totally named their team, I hope it sticks (pun intended).

Keltest
2014-01-22, 05:55 PM
"Tarquin's Doom"? as in, team Tarquin? because it sounds like theyd be OPPOSED to him and his team.

hoff
2014-01-22, 06:03 PM
It's because the girl is from the Free City of Doom and she wants to bring doom to Tarquin.

Shale
2014-01-22, 06:06 PM
I was thinking "Resistance Of Doom," but that works too.

Gnome Alone
2014-01-22, 06:07 PM
The Justice Vengeance League!

EDIT: No, the Doom Squad!

Harbinger
2014-01-22, 06:08 PM
As awesome as it would be for Leeky to come back, he was in Cliffport last time we saw him, and it'd be a bit of a contrived coincidence to have him just show up in the EoB. Not to mention that Leeky doesn't have a whole lot of reason to actually oppose Tarquin, unless perhaps Tarquin's comment about ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs offended him.

Also, Doom Patrol. :smallcool:

Mike Havran
2014-01-22, 06:16 PM
Amun Zora has to have some powerful casters under her command if she was able to contact, summon and organize all the remaining members of FCoD special forces in just a couple of days.

AKA_Bait
2014-01-22, 06:23 PM
Amun Zora has to have some powerful casters under her command if she was able to contact, summon and organize all the remaining members of FCoD special forces in just a couple of days.

That, or a couple wands of Sending.

Mighty
2014-01-22, 06:24 PM
"Tarquin's Doom"? as in, team Tarquin? because it sounds like theyd be OPPOSED to him and his team.

Ah, the wonders of the genitive case :smallbiggrin:

zimmerwald1915
2014-01-22, 06:27 PM
Beat me to it :smallfrown:

hoff
2014-01-22, 06:38 PM
Ok, Doom Patrol is a lot more awesome and less likely to confuse with Tarquin's team.

Kalirren
2014-01-22, 08:57 PM
Well, they haven't found Sabine yet.

zimmerwald1915
2014-01-22, 08:58 PM
Well, they haven't found Sabine yet.
Sabine doesn't really address the spellcasting dearth identified by the OP (whether this is a problem or not is another question), not being a spellcaster.

Mutant Sheep
2014-01-22, 08:59 PM
Why not the always applicable Superman Tarquin Revenge Squad? They can even get Durkula to join so he can wave thor's lightning around. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Onyavar
2014-01-22, 09:21 PM
I was thinking "Resistance Of Doom," but that works too.

Oh! oh! I know!
The Doomed Resistance!

martianmister
2014-01-22, 09:34 PM
WCLF: Western Continent Liberation Front.

dps
2014-01-22, 09:42 PM
WCLF: Western Continent Liberation Front.

I don't know, WCLF sounds like the call letters for a sports talk radio station in Cleveland.

oppyu
2014-01-22, 09:44 PM
TAZ - Team Amun-Zora. Plus TAZ sounds cool.

Jay R
2014-01-22, 10:01 PM

It's already taken.

And on the subject of lacking spellcasting, I'll point out that they are going up against a group that just lost their divine caster.

martianmister
2014-01-22, 10:02 PM
I don't know, WCLF sounds like the call letters for a sports talk radio station in Cleveland.

Which makes it a perfect name for them. :smallwink:

NerdyKris
2014-01-22, 10:02 PM
I don't think they're going to be a major force in the comic. I feel this is just to say "This is why Tarquin won't be going after the Order, and this is how Ian is going to be kept safe".

I doubt we'll see them again before the epilogue. I don't think they're intended to be a "take on team Tarquin" force so much as a "Fight him with an army" force.

Gnome Alone
2014-01-22, 11:03 PM
I think Doom Squad is better than Doom Patrol - they're not gonna be patrolling, they're gonna be a special forces squad assembled to send Tarquin straight to the nine hells or whatever-the-hump afterlife sick domineering bastids get in the OOTS-verse.

My second choice'd be the Western Continent Liberation Front. This has the benefit of actually describing what they're trying to do.

Since I know SOME shorthand version of Amun-Zora's squad will become predominant, I think I will just pray to the merciless elven gods that it'll be less vomit-inducingly idiotic than "Durkula."

Leviting
2014-01-23, 12:17 AM
"OOTS 2, Pompeii's Return"

seriously though, who's to say that Geoff isnt a wizard, just couldn't get the necessary material components when in prison...

Ramien
2014-01-23, 12:27 AM
Well, Tarquin lost his Divine caster, which helps matters, and considering that Gannji has ranks in UMD, he can fake casting duties if they scrounge the wands and scrolls up.

Leviting
2014-01-23, 12:53 AM
Well, Tarquin lost his Divine caster, which helps matters, and considering that Gannji has ranks in UMD, he can fake casting duties if they scrounge the wands and scrolls up.

maybe the late Z'driti's wands? Haley IS right there, though she probably wouldnt give them up without some heavy convincing.

Evandar
2014-01-23, 01:19 AM
Excuse me, I just need to mention Leeky in the appropriate manner since the OP did not.

LEEKY WINDSTAFF, EVIL GNOME DRUID!

David Argall
2014-01-23, 03:33 AM
As long as we are being wishful here, Z is a good choice if you can get him raised.

Socksy
2014-01-23, 03:44 AM
He may have lost his divine caster, but he still has a probably-Epic arcane caster and manifester. Psions can heal themselves/take other people's damage and then heal themselves, and Laurin already made a comment implying she can do this.

And while Rogues have use magic device as a skill, it's doubtful a demon working for the IFCC could replicate divine magic, especially not any sort of healing/ +ve energy.

Vedhin
2014-01-23, 09:03 AM
As long as we are being wishful here, Z is a good choice if you can get him raised.

That's it! The Doom Squad is going to resurrect Zz'drti, track down Sabine, and reunite them with Pompey, Leeky, and Hilgya! What better way for Tarquin to perish than off-panel at the hands of the interchangeable (except for Sabine) members of his son's second-rate recurring villian group!

martianmister
2014-01-23, 09:22 AM
Why would Pompey, Leeky, and Hilgya join WCLF? Why Sabine wants them in the first place? They already betrayed Linear Guild.

Quild
2014-01-23, 09:43 AM

Nice reference there ;)

Edit: I seem to have lost my avatar, weird!

bladequeen420
2014-01-23, 09:54 AM
Sabine i can see joining in a case of enemy mine,but they need a spell caster srsly.

Joe the Rat
2014-01-23, 10:10 AM
:smallcool:

It's already taken.

And on the subject of lacking spellcasting, I'll point out that they are going up against a group that just lost their divine caster.
:smalltongue:

I suppose the other obvious option here is to call them "The Rebel Alliance." Enor might appreciate the irony of the continued reference.

Given that they have two decently leveled Rogues, one of which we know relies on UMD scrolls, they'll do okay if they can get ahold of the right tools.

Forikroder
2014-01-23, 10:11 AM

she doesnt know its a team just Tarquin

gorocz
2014-01-23, 10:22 AM
Why would Pompey, Leeky, and Hilgya join WCLF? Why Sabine wants them in the first place? They already betrayed Linear Guild.

Hilgya never betrayed LG, they left her behind, when she fell to the pit of monsters and then they got themselves arrested. On the other hand, I would presume that she (and Loki) are both Evil, so I see no reason why should they join a resistance against an evil empire (same goes for Sabine, who is Ian's evil nemesis - she might hate Tarquin, but I don't think that "enemy of my enemy" applies here...

bladequeen420
2014-01-23, 10:23 AM
Allince of doom sounds like a great name for the team

martianmister
2014-01-23, 10:44 AM
Hilgya never betrayed LG, they left her behind, when she fell to the pit of monsters and then they got themselves arrested.

She was planning to turn on Nale and stole the talisman for her god. How is that not a betrayal? :smallconfused:

hamishspence
2014-01-23, 10:46 AM
I think the issue was that she never actually got to carry the betrayal out.

Still, a case could be made that just "plotting it" counts - that betrayal is a thoughtcrime.

gorocz
2014-01-23, 10:52 AM
She was planning to turn on Nale and stole the talisman for her god. How is that not a betrayal? :smallconfused:

And how would Nale or Sabine know that? As far as they know, she's a faithful lackey that they just left behind...

martianmister
2014-01-23, 10:56 AM
And how would Nale or Sabine know that? As far as they know, she's a faithful lackey that they just left behind...

She never come back, which means she's either dead or abandoned them. Which make her unsuitable for the job.

BaronOfHell
2014-01-23, 11:08 AM
So far, 100% of all resistance movements depicted in the comic has been utterly destroyed. Hopefully that trend will change to 50%.. :smalltongue:

gorocz
2014-01-23, 11:17 AM
She never come back, which means she's either dead or abandoned them. Which make her unsuitable for the job.

Well, yes, she is unsuitable, but so is Sabine, since she's Evil and tries to murder Ian's daughter at every chance (I'd presume that there would be at least some exchange of information between the Order and the new resistance). We're not talking about reforming LG here, are we?

My point was that she never actually betrayed LG. I know that Durkon was in basically the same position as her and did go looking for the Order, but you can't expect that kind of behavior when you're running an Evil team...

Mike Havran
2014-01-23, 11:40 AM
My point was that she never actually betrayed LG. I know that Durkon was in basically the same position as her and did go looking for the Order, but you can't expect that kind of behavior when you're running an Evil team...Hilgya could have easily Sent to Nale for what we know, she didn't do it = didn't want to deal with them anymore.

She also seems to follow Loki's orders (as she should) and I can't see any good reason for Loki to want to meddle in such paltry affairs on a continend ruled by another pantheon.

Corvis
2014-01-23, 12:19 PM
You guys can't think of more interesting things to do with Hilgya, now that vampire Durkon is returning to the Dwarven lands?

Mike Havran
2014-01-23, 12:42 PM
You guys can't think of more interesting things to do with Hilgya, now that vampire Durkon is returning to the Dwarven lands?But Hilgya didn't want (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0084.html) to return to the Dwarven lands, she was fine among humans.

sengmeng
2014-01-23, 01:20 PM
May I propose Death Squad For Tarkie?

Rogar Demonblud
2014-01-23, 01:27 PM
Since Loki is a god of Chaos, Evil and Fire, I don't think he'd have much trouble with overthrowing an empire.

An empire in someone else's turf, with the non-compete up, yeah, different story.

David Argall
2014-01-23, 01:34 PM
Assuming Higya appears again at all, a debatable point, she is almost certain to be with Durkon. And he should be heading far North.

Bulldog Psion
2014-01-23, 02:10 PM
Maybe Hilgya can convert Durkon to the worship of Loki. The fact that he'd gain access to fire spells for burning down trees might make it especially appealing to him. :smallwink:

bladequeen420
2014-01-23, 05:05 PM
Durokan might follow hel,if he isn't rezed first

hoff
2014-01-23, 05:21 PM
I suppose the other obvious option here is to call them "The Rebel Alliance." Enor might appreciate the irony of the continued reference.

"The Rebel Alliance OF DOOM"

bladequeen420
2014-01-23, 10:45 PM
"The Rebel Alliance OF DOOM"
Awesome title

martianmister
2014-01-25, 01:37 PM
Well, yes, she is unsuitable, but so is Sabine, since she's Evil and tries to murder Ian's daughter at every chance (I'd presume that there would be at least some exchange of information between the Order and the new resistance). We're not talking about reforming LG here, are we?

Gannji and Enor worked for Tarquin, and Amun-Zora was allied to Tarquin. Her past wouldn't be a problem.