PDA

View Full Version : Haley could have convinced Ian with just one sentence

Souhiro
2014-01-22, 08:19 PM
Don't get me wrong: I like how that was done: The Giant has "Mostly closed" all the plots opened. Maybe not in a finite way, but they don't have to worry about Laurie or Miron for a while.

But Haley could have got Geoff at his side in the mechane with just two smalls sentences.

:haley: "Pretty peg-leg. We have a high level cleric with us who can cast Regenerate"
<Geoff> "Ian, I have this surge to trust in your daughter, now!"

Ridureyu
2014-01-22, 08:22 PM
"Squiddlydoodlefluffer."

Bulldog Psion
2014-01-22, 08:23 PM
"Free trip."

NihhusHuotAliro
2014-01-22, 09:04 PM
Don't get me wrong: I like how that was done: The Giant has "Mostly closed" all the plots opened. Maybe not in a finite way, but they don't have to worry about Laurie or Miron for a while.

But Haley could have got Geoff at his side in the mechane with just two smalls sentences.

:haley: "Pretty peg-leg. We have a high level cleric with us who can cast Regenerate"
<Geoff> "Ian, I have this surge to trust in your daughter, now!"

This surge?

martianmister
2014-01-22, 09:27 PM
Some things are incurable for "reasons", like O-Chul's scars.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-01-22, 09:30 PM
And Durkon's hair. :smalltongue:

Jay R
2014-01-22, 10:06 PM
I was actually impressed with the fact that Ian's co-operation was earned with the following:

"How do I know I can trust you?"
"You don't, and you shouldn't."

Haley's trying to get her dad to trust Elan. Amun-Zora appealed to his distrust. No contest.

NerdyKris
2014-01-22, 10:07 PM

Given that we've seen a character in the prequel books specifically refuse to heal a scar, we can assume Ochul made the same decision. Especially since there's a kickstarter reward that isn't out yet called "How the paladin got his scar", implying it has a deep meaning to him.

Reathin
2014-01-22, 11:02 PM

Turns out, all attempts to undo them failed. O-Chul's so tough, his very cells punch out all incoming magic purely by reflex.

That, and they provide a +2 to Intimidation, which is always nice.

xroads
2014-01-23, 11:23 AM
Turns out, all attempts to undo them failed. O-Chul's so tough, his very cells punch out all incoming magic purely by reflex.

Lol! Sounds like a Chuck Norris joke. I can see the thread being made already...

O-Chul is so tough, his owlbear rug isn't dead, it's just to afraid to run! :smallbiggrin:

ufo
2014-01-23, 11:32 AM
Lol! Sounds like a Chuck Norris joke. I can see the thread being made already...

O-Chul is so tough, his owlbear rug isn't dead, it's just to afraid to run! :smallbiggrin:

That thread has been made and died a few times already, actually.

mikeejimbo
2014-01-23, 11:59 AM
I was actually impressed with the fact that Ian's co-operation was earned with the following:

Haley's trying to get her dad to trust Elan. Amun-Zora appealed to his distrust. No contest.

I totally ship them.

Dodom
2014-01-23, 12:08 PM
"We have cookies."

veti
2014-01-23, 04:48 PM
How about: "Tarquin is on his own right now, he just took 20d6 damage, and we know where to find him"?

martianmister
2014-01-23, 04:57 PM
How about: "Tarquin is on his own right now, he just took 20d6 damage, and we know where to find him"?

He probably returned to his army by now.

Kish
2014-01-24, 08:30 AM
Ian would have been wise to doubt that the first or third part of that would still be true after the ten-minute casting time of Sending, or that the middle part would still be relevant, in my opinion.

TRH
2014-01-24, 09:02 AM
Ian would have been wise to doubt that the first or third part of that would still be true after the ten-minute casting time of Sending, or that the middle part would still be relevant, in my opinion.

This seems like a sticking point to me. Care to validate that premise? :smallconfused:

Kish
2014-01-24, 09:04 AM
No, I do not care to validate someone thinking that you get anything related to anything someone said by chopping off part of a sentence and pretending they said that as a sentence.

BroomGuys
2014-01-24, 10:22 AM
This surge?

This surge. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTY8hrvFck8)

Sir_Leorik
2014-01-24, 12:50 PM

No, she appealed to his insane paranoia. Which makes me think that she took Improved Paranoia several levels ago; it gives a bonus to Sense Motive checks equal to twice your character level to spot other characters with the feat. :smalltongue:

Michaeler
2014-01-24, 02:46 PM
No, she appealed to his insane paranoia. Which makes me think that she took Improved Paranoia several levels ago; it gives a bonus to Sense Motive checks equal to twice your character level to spot other characters with the feat. :smalltongue:

She's a diplomat. Doom wouldn't have sent someone to petition for aid who wasn't good at working out how to appeal to people. Heck, she even won Tarquin over, she just didn't realise what it means when he likes a woman.

Jay R
2014-01-24, 04:27 PM
Amun-Zora appealed to his distrust.

No, she appealed to his insane paranoia.

To-may-toe, to-mah-toe.