PDA

View Full Version : Small creatures and squeeze rules

Hua
2014-01-22, 10:30 PM
Small creatures (Derro in this case) are hiding in tight tunnels. Yet small creatures combat rules seem to indicate they would suffer the same penalties for squeezing as medium creatures going in after them.

I see where height and width of tunnels would make the medium creatures have greater movement penalty (one for height and one for width) and the small would have only one, but nothing about combat.

A strict reading seems to indicate both the medium and small creatures are equally squeezed for combat, and would both have -4ac and -4 to hit. That does not seem logical.

Am I missing something?

TuggyNE
2014-01-22, 11:23 PM
If the tunnels are sized such that Small creatures have to squeeze, Medium creatures cannot make it in at all.

Slipperychicken
2014-01-23, 12:29 AM
If the tunnels are sized such that Small creatures have to squeeze, Medium creatures cannot make it in at all.

They could fit, it would just take Escape Artist checks and a long time :smallbiggrin:

And also give the (presumably Small) defenders a huge advantage.

Hua
2014-01-24, 05:34 PM
The tunnels are sized so small can move without issue, but for combat small creatures still control a 5x5 space, same as medium.

Nothing I can find says that for combat in small tunnels, the medium sized creatures would be at any more a disadvantage than the small.