PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about rapid shot/reload *3.5*

Kerilstrasz
2014-01-23, 04:27 PM
Rapid shot
[...] Benefit
You can get one extra attack per round with a ranged weapon. The attack is at your highest base attack bonus, but each attack you make in that round (the extra one and the normal ones) takes a -2 penalty. You must use the full attack action (see page 143) to use this feat. [...]

If i m using a crossbow, without rapid reload feat, i can use rapid shot,can't i??

Also..
when i get more attacks (from high BaB), i shoot all my regular attacks PLUS the 1 from rapid shot???

Zharradan Marr
2014-01-23, 05:46 PM
Rapid shot
[...] Benefit
You can get one extra attack per round with a ranged weapon. The attack is at your highest base attack bonus, but each attack you make in that round (the extra one and the normal ones) takes a -2 penalty. You must use the full attack action (see page 143) to use this feat. [...]

If i m using a crossbow, without rapid reload feat, i can use rapid shot,can't i??
No. Because unless you have Rapid Reload or are using a Repeating Crossbow, reloading a crossbow is a move action, thus you are never able to take a full attack action.

Also..
when i get more attacks (from high BaB), i shoot all my regular attacks PLUS the 1 from rapid shot???With a bow or any other weapon that's reloaded as a free action? Sure. All normal attacks plus one from Rapid Shot. With a crossbow? You're out of luck, all you get per round is one shot + one reload regardless of Rapid Shot or BAB.

Bakkan
2014-01-23, 05:58 PM
Relevant Nitpick: With the Rapid Reload feat, a Hand or Light Crossbow is reloaded as a free action, so full round actions and rapid shots work just fine.