PDA

View Full Version : Spell Suggestions

Osiris
2014-01-23, 04:51 PM
I have an extra 5th level slot available, and I'm considering a wall spell

Should I prep Wall of Force or Wall of Stone?

Yawgmoth
2014-01-23, 04:57 PM
Neither. Go for Wall of Magma (http://dndtools.eu/spells/sandstorm--85/wall-of-magma--3146/) and then some kind of spell to shove enemies into it.

eggynack
2014-01-23, 04:58 PM
I generally prefer wall of stone, as its shapability means it has more random utility, and means that it has superior combat applications. It's easier to break stone, but not easy enough that the wall won't hold up for long enough to be effective. The one major advantage of wall of force is that you don't need preexisting stone, so if you're travelling in a location lacking in stone, go with the wall of force.

Osiris
2014-01-23, 05:03 PM
I generally prefer wall of stone, as its shapability means it has more random utility, and means that it has superior combat applications. It's easier to break stone, but not easy enough that the wall won't hold up for long enough to be effective. The one major advantage of wall of force is that you don't need preexisting stone, so if you're travelling in a location lacking in stone, go with the wall of force.

Okay then, but how much stone would be required to be called "Existing Stone"? Could a big rock you carry in your pocket count?

Also, technically I just want to know them. I've made a 20th level Focused Transmuter with a billion dips, barring Evocation, Enchantment, and Necromancy, but with Spell Versatility, 4 spells become Trans, and I'm thinking of Enervation, Resilient Sphere, Wall of Force, Waves of Exhaustion, and Contingency. I can only pick four tho. Any help?

EDIT: Just read it, no real definitions. Can the BSF carry a hunk of rock with him? Is there a spell that suddenly creates stone for me?

Diarmuid
2014-01-23, 07:54 PM
If the material component doesn't have a gp cost associated with of then it's assumed to be in a spell component pouch