PDA

View Full Version : Wii

StickMan
2007-01-24, 09:55 PM
I'm posting from my Wii. Takes forever but still cool. :thog:

Amotis
2007-01-24, 09:55 PM
Cool. Don't kill someone with the controller.

Wonderboy
2007-01-24, 10:05 PM
Why are you wasting your time with that when you could be playing Twilight Princess?

You just take that thing for granted, don't you?

Druid
2007-01-24, 10:06 PM
I want one of those. Badly.

averagejoe
2007-01-24, 10:11 PM
'S cool and all, but I think many people miss the true awsome potential of the Wii.

Duck. Hunt.

Wonderboy
2007-01-24, 10:14 PM
'S cool and all, but I think many people miss the true awsome potential of the Wii.

Duck. Hunt.

You're a genius.

StickMan
2007-01-24, 10:17 PM
Had to wait 3 1/2 hours in the falling snow for it. So worth it. I have Twilight Princess and it rocks. If you don't have one get one now.

Druid
2007-01-25, 02:57 AM
The problem is that I'm a college student and therefore don't have any money. If I had an extra 250 and could find one (which would be probably be more trouble than the money) I'd buy one in an instant. i wouldn't even need a Wii game, just the chance to play so many of my old favorites and great games I missed out on would be enough.

Archonic Energy
2007-01-25, 03:39 AM
two points.

1. shouldn't this be in games (other)?

2. Street Fighter 2 is now downloadable! YAY!

i'm waititng for Mario Cart... and Zelda : A Link to the Past... And Killer Instinct... and... well lots

Aimbot
2007-01-25, 03:52 AM
Had to wait 3 1/2 hours in the falling snow for it. So worth it. I have Twilight Princess and it rocks. If you don't have one get one now.

I had to wait for 14. and the parking lot had Christmas carols playing. I treasure my remaining sanity like I treasure my lil' Wii.

And it wasn't even on Launch day.

Jack Squat
2007-01-25, 08:28 AM
36 hours. and Feliz Navidad played just about every other song...

...by the time Christmas came around I was ready to throw out my entire holiday album collection

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-25, 08:37 AM
I got it in the mail. :smallbiggrin:

lost_my_NHL
2007-01-25, 09:21 AM
Ah, I just got to try out my friends wii yesterday. So cool. Plaed twilight princess, it was so much fun. Even fishing, which I hate in rpgs, was fun. Geez, my arms got sore from reeling fish in so much (Of course, I was reeling in much bigger circles than necessary).

And even the name is now cool. When they firstcame out with it, everyone was like wtf? we want it to be nintendp revolution! But now, we can recognize the wisdom at nintendo, and beg their forgiveness

Druid
2007-01-25, 03:09 PM
Yeah, it first I thought Wii was the dumbest name since Neo Geo Pocket Color. But now i like it; it's simple, memorable, and just fun to say.

Gorbash Kazdar
2007-01-25, 03:22 PM
1. shouldn't this be in games (other)?
A point well made...

storybookknight
2007-01-25, 03:33 PM
The Wii is a shiny machine. Nintendo must be smiling like cats in the cream right about now... and laughing at sony's business strategy.

Dark Dork
2007-01-25, 03:48 PM
It'a a passing fad.

*dives into fallout shelter* :smalleek:

Druid
2007-01-25, 03:54 PM
The Wii is a shiny machine. Nintendo must be smiling like cats in the cream right about now... and laughing at sony's business strategy.

Indeed. I've never understood Sony's strategy of not selling systems. Just look at how well it turned out with the PSP.

Lawful_Stupid
2007-01-27, 03:15 PM
36 hours. and Feliz Navidad played just about every other song...

...by the time Christmas came around I was ready to throw out my entire holiday album collection

Ah. Makes me feel guilty that I only had to wait for 90 mintues to procure My Preciousssss. And it wasn't even spent on Release Day. My Toys R Us did more preorders a week before the system was released, and I got #18 out of 36 after waiting for an hour and a half that day. Then, on the 19th, I was able to stroll on in and get it, along with Twilight Princess.

Archonic Energy
2007-01-27, 03:32 PM
It'a a passing fad.

*dives into fallout shelter* :smalleek:

*sets link onto Dark Dork*

and don't forget to use the bombs.

averagejoe
2007-01-27, 03:45 PM
I just played WarioWare for the first time last night, and I have to say, I had no idea how utterly paradigm shifting the Wii is, and how much unexplored potential it shows. It might be a passing fad, but I'm really hoping it isn't.

I suppose I should buy one first, though.

Archonic Energy
2007-01-27, 03:52 PM
I just played WarioWare

bloody long intros... fun tho.

i prefer Wii-Play.

mooseofshadows
2007-01-27, 03:54 PM
I've been dissapointed in twilight princess, I just can't get into the game. I played trauma center all the way through already, but everytime I play zelda I just get bored after 10 minutes and play wii sports.

I think it's because I never played any of the other games.

Daracaex
2007-01-27, 06:20 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I sat down to play for an hour, and ended up still sitting there after eight hours, still thinking only half that time had passed. I beat it a couple days ago. My only regret was that many of the enemies lacked a challenge unless they came in hordes. I was particularly dissapointed in the Darknuts, which I heard were the hardest enemies in the game, but I can beat them without losing any hearts at all. This is why I'm going to play through as a minimalist now!

I was actually the first among all of my friends and people I talked to about it that wholehartedly accepted the name and thought it was perfect for the system.

orcmonk89
2007-01-27, 06:25 PM
There are absolutely none in 8 shops in my town. And I want one. Now.

Lawful_Stupid
2007-01-27, 06:54 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I sat down to play for an hour, and ended up still sitting there after eight hours, still thinking only half that time had passed.

I was the same. It was around 11 AM on the 19th when I started up Zelda, and then next thing I knew, it was 7 PM. Since I was already done with the second temple, I tore myself away from it for the rest of the day and fooled around with the Mii Channel and Wii Sports.

RandomNPC
2007-01-27, 07:27 PM
i dont like the long into of action before the game actually begins with zelda, i mean you have to target a monkey with an eagle, learn to fish, and you even shoot a spider before you get a sword (atlest i did) remember when you started off in an empty field with a sword, a shield, and a vauge knoledge of where the first dungeon was? that was great. bring back the days of 8 bit top down dungeon crawling. ya know, upgraded to 16 bit top down motion sensor dungeon crawling (anything over 16 would be to "new" i think)

Dragor
2007-01-27, 07:39 PM
I'm so glad nobody has mentioned the Wii jokes up till now. Must...resist....urge!

"I'm dying for a Wii."
"I can't wait for the Wii to come out."
"Aim your Wiimote just right..."
"Strap yourself in before you get down to it." (with the Wiimote)

Oh, god. I hate my friends.

Daracaex
2007-01-27, 07:49 PM
"We are the Knights Who Say Wii!"
"And the last pig yelled 'Wii Wii Wii Wii' all the way home"
I have a bunch of Wii-inspired pick-up lines too, but I don't want to risk them being beyond the limit of the board rules.

deepdweller
2007-01-27, 08:39 PM
i want a wii but i have to first pay for half of my drivers ed and then save up for it.

neriana
2007-01-28, 01:24 AM
I always have to stifle a giggle when one of my male co-workers is asked if there are any Wiis in the store. The answer is almost invariably "no". I work with one guy who does have a Wii. He's always talking about having friends over to play with his Wii.

Mr. Moon
2007-01-28, 08:10 PM
The Wii is just a colosal waste of money. "Oh, great, now you can play tennis with a little white controler for only $500. Doesn't that just kick the pants off of actualy playing tennis?"[/sarcasm]

Daracaex
2007-01-28, 08:30 PM
1. That's the PS3 that costs 500 dollars.
2. The Wii is the least expensive of the new consoles.
3. In my opinion, the Wii is much more fun and easy to play than the other consoles (by easy I mean to pick up on the controls, not to master the games).
4. There other much better games than Wii sports (that has the tennis). And what does it matter? because Wii Sports comes as a free pack in!

Do at least a little of your homework before flaming a system just because it has one tennis game. There are other games that are really awesome on the Wii, such as The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Elebits, and Rayman: Raving Rabids, and many more awesome games to come.

Mr. Moon
2007-01-28, 09:18 PM
I'm aware of that. I've been told, a thousand times, how awesome Twilight Princess is. I have no idea how. What's the big hook? So there's a motion sensor. Big deal. The only reson I can see myself getting it is for the excersice. And I can see my self going down to play sports, something I rarely do, a lot simpler.

Daracaex
2007-01-29, 01:31 AM
Big enough a deal that Sony had to counter with their own motion-sensing technology that they were developing before it was even supposed to be ready for a system (popular belief). If you play zelda on gamecube, then play it on Wii, you can tell there's a big difference. But you don't even have to play Zelda. I don't care if you don't like the Wii. But at least get your facts straight about it. It is nowhere near 500 dollars.

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-29, 09:16 AM
The hook of Zelda is basically that it's Zelda.

It's a good game. :tongue:

rabish12
2007-01-29, 11:30 PM
The Wii is just a colosal waste of money. "Oh, great, now you can play tennis with a little white controler for only $500. Doesn't that just kick the pants off of actualy playing tennis?"[/sarcasm]
It costs half what you said it does, and tennis isn't the game to play on it. Bowling and Boxing are, and both of them do kick the pants off of the actual sports - real bowling requires going to a bowling alley and paying for the alley, the shoes, and the snacks, and real boxing requires getting physically beaten until either you collapse or your opponent does.

I'm aware of that. I've been told, a thousand times, how awesome Twilight Princess is. I have no idea how. What's the big hook? So there's a motion sensor. Big deal. The only reson I can see myself getting it is for the excersice. And I can see my self going down to play sports, something I rarely do, a lot simpler.
For Twilight Princess, the hook is that it's a Zelda game. Period. It's not really all that spectacular (I've tried it and I was a little disappointed, as the Wii version is a great game but it plays in almost exactly the same way as Ocarina of Time did nearly a decade earlier), but that doesn't matter because it's a Zelda games, and that's all it needs to have appeal and make sales.

As for the rest, if I'm reading your post right you're saying that going out to play sports is simpler. Last I checked, going to a place with the proper setup and equipment for playing sports and setting up that equipment isn't as simple as hitting a button on a remote, which is essentially all you have to do to get Wii Sports going.

Besides that, there's more to the system than Wii Sports. It has a media player of sorts that you can use if you have an SD card and that allows you to do things like draw and play puzzles with pictures/videos. It also has a shop that lets you buy older games, and in some cases the games are actually superior to their original versions (I have Super Mario 64 on it, and both the graphics and controls are noticeably better). It has a weather forecasting system that... well, that bit's really pretty useless, since the information always seems to be several hours behind and tends to be horrifically inaccurate. The News Channel, which gives you news straight from the AP (the source that many other news sources get their news from anyways), makes up for that though, and while it may seem like fluff checking it has actually become the first thing I do each day because it's so simple and convenient (hit Power on the controller, hit A, choose "News Channel", hit start, all before I even get out of bed). Then there's the internet browser that, again, is useful thanks to its convenience, as it tends to be easier to check sites you've bookmarked on your Wii than to start up a computer to do it.

And, of course, they've got games on top of all of that. Well, they don't have many games right now (very few consoles have many good games at launch), but they do have a few. Trauma Center's fun, and it's certainly not the kind of game that would be possible on any other platform. Ditto on Wii Sports (you seem to think that it's no good, but I'd suggest that you actually play it a bit before making those kinds of judgements). Twilight Princess, again, is also a very good game, though not really the kind that takes advantage of the system. Those are the only three games I've even played for the system, and none of them really failed to deliver a fun experience.

Really, the Wii is a good system. It's more useful practically than any other console I've ever had, it's got features that I've wanted in a console for an extremely long time (the shop mainly, as it gives me an opportunity to get some of the games I missed out on legitimately and legally), and the games I've seen for it are all great.

Dragor
2007-01-30, 09:27 AM
I'm not going to brutally defend the Wii. I'm happy, you're happy with your opinion. Let's all sit down and eat cake. :smallbiggrin:

Peace, brothers.

beholder
2007-01-30, 10:00 AM
Amen, brother
*passes the cake around*

Jack Squat
2007-01-30, 08:58 PM
and real boxing requires getting physically beaten until either you collapse or your opponent does.

while in Wii boxing you just keep going until the other person collapses from exhaustion :smallwink:

I have a Wii and absolutely love it. Actually I think I love telling my friends who can't find it in stores more fun than actually playing the system :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2007-01-30, 09:27 PM
Really? Where I live, it was $500. At lest, when our local Futer Shop bought about five so that they could claim "We sold out within one day".

Anyway, I back down. I humably bow before your anti-flame powers. Thank-you for being so nice about it.

Daracaex
2007-01-30, 11:48 PM
Wow. Whoever bought from that store got ripped off big time considering you can do a bit more searching and get it for half the price. Oh well! *takes a slice of cake* Let's party!

Oh, and while we're on the subject of cake and video game consoles, this is a rather funny video about the PS3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enau4SKqeZY)(you'll understand it's relation to cake about halfway through) Three of them, in fact.

rabish12
2007-01-31, 12:19 AM
Really? Where I live, it was $500. At lest, when our local Futer Shop bought about five so that they could claim "We sold out within one day".
A couple of stores do that. I know that one of them was selling it at $500 when the system launched and justifying it as a "bundle" (that "bundle" being a Wii and a game other than Zelda, which would come up to about $300 anywhere else) just so that they could leach off the low supplies.

Anyway, I back down. I humably bow before your anti-flame powers. Thank-you for being so nice about it.
That's how I operate. :)

I have a Wii and absolutely love it. Actually I think I love telling my friends who can't find it in stores more fun than actually playing the system :smallbiggrin:
Same. As fun as it may be to use the system, gloating is just much more entertaining. :smallbiggrin:

Krytha
2007-01-31, 01:36 AM
I loved the boxing comparison. Yeah, let's play boxing! OWOWOWOWOWOW!

Nightmarenny
2007-01-31, 02:14 AM
Examples of Wii games that show that he talk nonsense.

Sonic Secret Rings-Whats this? A 3d sonic that cuts out the Furry undertones, crappy story that tries to be touching but isn't and all the glitchy not-sonic running bits? Yeah this will be great.

Every Old Nintendo game-Contra, aLttP or Mario Kart would justify this and you get all three.

Metriod Prime 3-Yeah what else need be said.

Madden-A system that finaly forces Madden out of it yearly non-update.

Smash bros.- Solid Snake

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-31, 07:33 AM
Sonic?

Furry undertones?

... How can you cut out the furry undertones?

In fact, how are they undertones?

Archonic Energy
2007-01-31, 09:04 AM
Same. As fun as it may be to use the system, gloating is just much more entertaining. :smallbiggrin:

i too concur.

Wii Play is fun... espically the shooting range.

rabish12
2007-01-31, 02:32 PM
Sonic?

Furry undertones?

... How can you cut out the furry undertones?

In fact, how are they undertones?
Yeah, Sonic's pretty much made of furry.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Sega lost the ability to make good Sonic games when they lost the ability to compete in the hardware market, and I don't see either of those coming back anytime soon. Suffice it to say that I don't expect Secret Rings to be any good, and with previews based on fairly current builds of the game (and probably covering what we can expect to see in the finished product, since it'll be out soon) already showing issues that's starting to seem justified.

i too concur.

Wii Play is fun... espically the shooting range.
I haven't tried Wii Play, they don't have it in North America yet. :(

Lawful_Stupid
2007-01-31, 02:42 PM
The hook of Zelda is basically that it's Zelda.

Yep yep. It's times like these I remember the Penny Arcade strip.

But, yeah, Twilight Princess and Wii Sports aren't the only games the Wii has going for it. Elebits and Excite Truck are really good, too. Elebits has that feel of Katamari Damacy with Pikmin-esque characters, and Excite Truck is a fun little insane racer where it's even fun when you crash. (You can actually get some bonus points if you crash well)

Not to mention the Vitrual Console. I've forgotten how much fun Sonic the Hedghog, Super Mario Bros, and Mario Kart 64 are. (I don't have Link to the Past since I have it on SNES and GBA.)

Archonic Energy
2007-01-31, 02:49 PM
well Link to the past isn't out to download over here... yet.

also i've been told by my friend to download the original Mario Kart.

David94
2007-01-31, 03:24 PM
The Wii was sold out within a 100 mile radius of me for TWO MONTHS. I finally got one on eBay for $320. And it's sweet. Twilight Princess is awesome, and Wii Sports is easy and fun. Warioware's good, too, and I rented Elebits, it's fun. The whole thing's great overall.

Dihan
2007-01-31, 04:02 PM
I have a Wii. For the first week or two I was able to conect perfectly to my wireless internet... Then BAM! It stopped connecting to my wireless saying there's no access point, I've tried everything to get it to work again, but it won't :(

I want the News Channel! :(

I've also completed WarioWare Smooth Moves (SO FUN!) and Twilight Princess (AWESOME!!), currently waiting for Sonic.

Vance_Nevada
2007-01-31, 04:53 PM
The Wii can easily be selling for 500 dollars, depending on what countries dollars you're looking at (Of course, the cost of the 360 and PS3 remain costing more too).

I've yet to see anything out for the Wii that interests me. There's Zelda - already got for the Gamecube without the additional expense of having to buy the Wii, there's a bunch of good downloadable SNES/Genesis games that I could just as easily DL off the internet (or dig my old consoles back out) for free. There's a bunch of ports from older GC games and other systems.

On the upcoming, the only thing that interests me is Smash Bros, but really not enough to justify buying the console for that.

rabish12
2007-01-31, 05:33 PM
The Wii was sold out within a 100 mile radius of me for TWO MONTHS. I finally got one on eBay for $320.
I managed to get one at the regular price, but I'd been looking from early December to mid-January and only really got it when I did because we happened to walk into the store right after they got the shipment.

there's a bunch of good downloadable SNES/Genesis games that I could just as easily DL off the internet (or dig my old consoles back out) for free.
With that logic, why buy games in the first place? After all, you could just as easily steal them for free too.

Daracaex
2007-01-31, 05:59 PM
Yes, you could download them, but that would be illegal. Or you could just fork out the cheap 500-1000 Wii points and get them forever without fear of repercusions.

And for people who get Zelda on the Gamecube, I prefer the Wii version because of the easy ability to aim and the reflexes needed for sword swipes and combat manuevers.

Goblin Music
2007-01-31, 07:12 PM
I have a Wii. For the first week or two I was able to conect perfectly to my wireless internet... Then BAM! It stopped connecting to my wireless saying there's no access point, I've tried everything to get it to work again, but it won't :(

that hapend to my lap top and it would not go on until i put a password in. But i want a Wii!!!! i have probably researched it so much i know all about it (except how fun it is to play:smallfurious:)

noru
2007-01-31, 07:18 PM
im playing the wii this weekend (after exams!!!) hooray!

Mr. Moon
2007-01-31, 08:50 PM
Wow. Whoever bought from that store got ripped off big time considering you can do a bit more searching and get it for half the price.

Heh heh. A freind of mine actualy waited in line for three days to get it. He never shuts up. "It was cold! There was snow! I had to wait for three days!" We normaly just ignore him when he starts this. :smallbiggrin:

heretic
2007-01-31, 09:06 PM
A few of my friends have them, and they're great for light-hearted PvP on Wii Games and such. I haven't played much else.

SacredStorm
2007-01-31, 09:19 PM
Ha I waited for three days out by my local Target. It was such a fun time! There was a mall right by so I got to go in and do some shopping while my friend stayed in my tent keeping my place in line.

Did I mention there was Chipotle next door? :smallcool:

Daracaex
2007-01-31, 10:30 PM
Now waiting for three days, I can't understand. I'll put the thing on pre-order and wait. If I want to go camping, I'll go up to the mountains with my scout troop.

SacredStorm
2007-01-31, 10:42 PM
Well I did it for the sake of just doing it. I felt pretty good when I was the first guy walking out of that store with two new Wii's in hand. My peers told me I was crazy when I came back to school the next day, but when Christmas was coming around the corner...Guess who they were looking for to buy a new Wii from! :smallbiggrin:

Nightmarenny
2007-02-01, 01:36 AM
Now waiting for three days, I can't understand. I'll put the thing on pre-order and wait. If I want to go camping, I'll go up to the mountains with my scout troop.
Its like going to a midnight movie opening. You could just go tomorrow but there is something special and comunial about it.

Sonic rings has problems but the simplification of the game gives me hope. When there is a Sonic movie coming out you only have hope that something will come out of the character before his grizzly death.

RandomNPC
2007-02-03, 03:54 PM
i don't know whats so fun about it, but i agree with whoever it was who said it before me (its somewhere around here) the ultimate abilities of the wii will be duck hunt.

theKOT
2007-02-03, 11:52 PM
i don't know whats so fun about it, but i agree with whoever it was who said it before me (its somewhere around here) the ultimate abilities of the wii will be duck hunt.
You obviously haven't played it. The point and aim feature is nice, but the real fun comes from the motion detector. After playing the wii it feels a bit odd and archaic to return to purely button-and-joystick gaming. Having played everything from WarioWare to Zelda to Madden on the Wii, I can say with confidence that, executed properly, wiimote controls make every single game better.

Vance_Nevada
2007-02-04, 07:08 PM
Yes, you could download them, but that would be illegal. Or you could just fork out the cheap 500-1000 Wii points and get them forever without fear of repercusions.

I'm not familiar with the Wii points system. Do you win them somehow by playing Wii games (that's pretty cool), or do you still have to buy them with cold hard cash?

AFAIK - and I could easily be wrong here, I'm just going off the IGN reviews and suchlike - it costs around $5 to download Wii or XBox 360 Virtual Games, only you don't own the game itself, so it's destroyed if your hard drive gets damaged, and you can't make copies of it, or lend it to your friends without sending the console itself away.

For that kind of money, it'd be easier to just pad out my old Genesis and SNES collections with anything I was missing.

Archonic Energy
2007-02-04, 07:20 PM
I'm not familiar with the Wii points system. Do you win them somehow by playing Wii games (that's pretty cool), or do you still have to buy them with cold hard cash?
Cold hard cash.

AFAIK - and I could easily be wrong here, I'm just going off the IGN reviews and suchlike - it costs around $5 to download Wii or XBox 360 Virtual Games, only you don't own the game itself, so it's destroyed if your hard drive gets damaged, and you can't make copies of it, or lend it to your friends without sending the console itself away.

For that kind of money, it'd be easier to just pad out my old Genesis and SNES collections with anything I was missing.
yes if you have a working Megadrive/SNES then it may well be better to use that.

however it is becoming increasingly difficult to buy one.

rabish12
2007-02-04, 07:58 PM
Cash, and if there's one thing I don't like about it that'd be it. They charge you for points in multiples of 1000 (1000 points = $10), but unless you only get NES and N64 games you'll always end up with spare points that have essentially just gone to waste.

For example, if you buy 1000 points then get Bomberman '93, you're left with 400 points. An NES game costs 500 points, but in order to get that extra $1 worth of points you have to buy 1000 points, spending ten times as much.

You can tie your Shop Channel (where you buy the games) account to a MyNintendo account, and then they'll help you recover the games if your console gets damaged somehow. Also, if you just lose the game you can re-download it for free without any hassle. You can also make copies (you can put the games on an SD card, and I think you can even play them off said SD card though I'll have to try for myself).

You can't lend the games though (they've got a sort of DRM that prevents them from working on Wiis other than the one that purchased them).

Maybe, maybe not. Many of the games sold on the Virtual Console service are actually quite a bit cheaper than they are if you buy them over eBay (not to mention that you don't have to pay for things like shipping and don't risk being scammed with a broken cartridge), so it can actually be cheaper than buying the original versions of the games.

Lawful_Stupid
2007-02-05, 04:51 PM
Yeah. I doubt you'll find a 100% working copy of Link to the Past on eBay or at GameStop for less than 8 dollars.

Besides, I'd rather pay 5 bucks for Super Mario Bros. on the VC than have to blow into an old NES cartridge for a half hour, or illegally download it.

Daracaex
2007-02-06, 11:27 PM
100 Wii points=$1 US

I didn't know you could tie the shop channel into your MyNinetendo acount! I'll go check that out.

Skyserpent
2007-02-08, 12:18 AM
I'm so glad nobody has mentioned the Wii jokes up till now. Must...resist....urge!

"I'm dying for a Wii."
"I can't wait for the Wii to come out."
"Aim your Wiimote just right..."
"Strap yourself in before you get down to it." (with the Wiimote)

Oh, god. I hate my friends.
NSFW Wii Jokes

Alas, my buddy BROKE his Wii... he must have played with it way too much. The funny thing is the fact that he's a black guy with a tiny white Wii... And all of the guys keep showing up at his door to play... with his Wii...

Archonic Energy
2007-02-08, 03:44 AM
Besides, I'd rather pay 5 bucks for Super Mario Bros. on the VC than have to blow into an old NES cartridge for a half hour,

you really need this T-Shirt

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/blow-me-tee.jpg

Lawful_Stupid
2007-02-08, 07:35 PM
That's a bit too much innuendo than my parents like.

Of course, I would buy it in a heartbeat otherwise.

Xerillum
2007-02-08, 07:43 PM
I have the money, but availability is my concern... I'm playing TP on my GC now. multitasking is teh roxxors!

Archonic Energy
2007-02-12, 11:52 PM
WOOHOO!!!!

SMW is out on the VC...

*jumps on a blue yoshi*

Fly!

rabish12
2007-02-13, 12:46 AM
WOOHOO!!!!

SMW is out on the VC...

*jumps on a blue yoshi*

Fly!

SMW is old news. Big releases now are Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus.

Dumbledore lives
2007-02-13, 08:58 AM
The Wii is awesome, Twilight Princess is awesome. The virtual console would be awesome but I don't have wireless internet. Can you hook the wii up to the computer and use the computer as the screen? I NEED to know.

neriana
2007-02-13, 12:06 PM
If you have the right kind of monitor, I'm sure you can. However, you can also get a LAN adapter for the Wii, if you feel like stretching a cable from your router to your system. Or, if you have broadband/DSL, you can attach a DS/Wii WiFi USB adapter to your computer to let your Wii connect wirelessly. It's $40 though.

rabish12
2007-02-13, 03:47 PM
Can you hook the wii up to the computer and use the computer as the screen? I NEED to know.
If you have a video card that can take video and audio in, then probably. Otherwise, probably not without some sort of funky adapter.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-02-13, 04:22 PM
My Mom could of gotten one when she was buying my DS for X-mas. The truck pulled up right there!!! At the store!! It would've been a 5 minute wait :smallannoyed:

Oh, and my friend gave himself a black eye playing with his Wii. (seriosuly)

rabish12
2007-02-14, 12:33 AM
Thought you guys might be interested in the fact that Nintendo's added a new channel to the Wii: the "Everybody Votes Channel", which makes inane and pointless polls fun. I'm totally serious.

Basically, what you do is register one to six of your Miis as voters, and you can then use them to vote on questions. There are three questions in one set (I think it's for your larger region, like North America), and one that's worldwide. When you vote on them, you get to choose between two possible answers by dragging and dropping your Mii onto the one you believe is more likely, and once you've done that you get the option to try and predict which answer will be more common. When the time for a poll is over, you can check the results. They're displayed on a pie chart, and can be sorted by things like gender or region.

The service will track your prediction record, so you can see how often you manage to guess popular opinion. It also gives you an average of how your answers compare to common opinion, which is a nice touch. Finally, you can suggest one question per day for the polls.

I have to say, it's a feature that I've got a surprising amount of interest in. I mean sure, the initial questions they've got are rather inane and pointless (Which is a more romantic Valentine's gift, chocolates or roses? Which century would you prefer to live in, 19th or 22nd?), but it's still fun to be able to see how people answer for these and to try and guess what the most popular answer will be, and with the ability to suggest more questions it's very possible that some questions available in the future will be a little more interesting.

Archonic Energy
2007-02-14, 06:12 AM
SMW is old news. Big releases now are Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus.

let me guess... american?

well in europe SMW is new... well it's an old game but it's new to the VC...

you understand!

rabish12
2007-02-14, 10:48 AM
let me guess... american?
Eh, close enough.

well in europe SMW is new... well it's an old game but it's new to the VC...

you understand!
Yeah, I get you.

RandomNPC
2007-02-14, 11:20 AM
You obviously haven't played it. The point and aim feature is nice, but the real fun comes from the motion detector. After playing the wii it feels a bit odd and archaic to return to purely button-and-joystick gaming. Having played everything from WarioWare to Zelda to Madden on the Wii, I can say with confidence that, executed properly, wiimote controls make every single game better.

i've got one, and the sword fighting in zelda? ok i move my remote back and forth and he pulls off some decent sword moves, but when i mimic the moves he does he only slashes acoss a few times, yeay. if the sword motion was somewhat more realistic, i'd go for it, but right now all the games ive played, point and click works best, and i like the trigger style B button, thus duck hunt.

i'm sure something better than duck hunt will come around, but it's the idea behind it.

Eldred
2007-02-14, 02:51 PM
Thought you guys might be interested in the fact that Nintendo's added a new channel to the Wii: the "Everybody Votes Channel", which makes inane and pointless polls fun. I'm totally serious.

Basically, what you do is register one to six of your Miis as voters, and you can then use them to vote on questions. There are three questions in one set (I think it's for your larger region, like North America), and one that's worldwide. When you vote on them, you get to choose between two possible answers by dragging and dropping your Mii onto the one you believe is more likely, and once you've done that you get the option to try and predict which answer will be more common. When the time for a poll is over, you can check the results. They're displayed on a pie chart, and can be sorted by things like gender or region.

The service will track your prediction record, so you can see how often you manage to guess popular opinion. It also gives you an average of how your answers compare to common opinion, which is a nice touch. Finally, you can suggest one question per day for the polls.

I have to say, it's a feature that I've got a surprising amount of interest in. I mean sure, the initial questions they've got are rather inane and pointless (Which is a more romantic Valentine's gift, chocolates or roses? Which century would you prefer to live in, 19th or 22nd?), but it's still fun to be able to see how people answer for these and to try and guess what the most popular answer will be, and with the ability to suggest more questions it's very possible that some questions available in the future will be a little more interesting.
Yeah, I downloaded this channel a few hours ago, and I really like the idea of it. It might not be as fun as the other channels, but its interesting and I'm quite desperate to know the poll results already!

Strangely, though, this Channel hasn't been posted all over Google yet. Give it a few hours?