PDA

View Full Version : Iteratives for Tertiary Weapons

kardar233
2014-01-24, 12:47 AM
I was just working on a S&B Blood-Soaked Charger build and was wondering how it would possible to gain iteratives for more weapons than you have hands, in order to make use of a main-hand weapon, an off-hand shield and your armour spikes simultaneously.

OldTrees1
2014-01-24, 12:51 AM
Any way to get a third arm? Multiweapon Fighting requires 3 arms.
3 arms => 3 Shields + Armor Spikes

Rebel7284
2014-01-24, 12:52 AM
Improved Rapidstrike (http://dndtools.eu/feats/draconomicon--92/improved-rapidstrike--3228/)

OldTrees1
2014-01-24, 12:53 AM
Improved Rapidstrike (http://dndtools.eu/feats/draconomicon--92/improved-rapidstrike--3228/)

Doesn't work on Shields or Armor Spikes.
Work for natural weapons and only natural weapons.

Darrin
2014-01-24, 07:04 AM
I was just working on a S&B Blood-Soaked Charger build and was wondering how it would possible to gain iteratives for more weapons than you have hands, in order to make use of a main-hand weapon, an off-hand shield and your armour spikes simultaneously.

Dragon Tail + Prehensile Tail + Multi-Weapon Fighting. Make armor spikes your primary weapon, and you could wield three spiked shields as your offhand attacks.

Zombimode
2014-01-24, 08:49 AM

You can do that normally with a bab of +6.

Use the Two-Weapon-Fighting attack option, make one attack with you mainhand weapon as your first iterative, one attack with your shield as your second iterative and one attack with your armor spikes as you offhand attack.

NEO|Phyte
2014-01-24, 08:53 AM
Dragon Tail + Prehensile Tail + Multi-Weapon Fighting. Make armor spikes your primary weapon, and you could wield three spiked shields as your offhand attacks.

What's the text on prehensile tail, because multiweapon fighting doesn't require the ability to wield 3 or more weapons, it requires 3 or more armshands. A tail isn't an armhand.
:edit: just checked, I guess it needs hands, not arms.

jaybird
2014-01-24, 09:04 AM
What's the text on prehensile tail, because multiweapon fighting doesn't require the ability to wield 3 or more weapons, it requires 3 or more armshands. A tail isn't an armhand.

That's a shame. If it required 3 arms, you could pick up any 3 weapons and qualify for it :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2014-01-24, 09:17 AM
The only way to make use of a tertiary weapon is to use something like a Braid Blade or the Snap Kick feat which grants an extra attack, but not iteratives. Or, I suppose, natural weapons + rapid strike & improved rapid strike.

Otherwise you're just splitting up your primary iteratives amongst however many weapons you want(though you can only make however many primary iteratives as your BAB allows) and then using your secondary iteratives either with one single weapon or any weapon that you didn't use a primary iterative wtih, depending upon interpretation, IIRC.

Darrin
2014-01-24, 10:04 AM

From the text of Prehensile Tail (Savage Species/Serpent Kingdoms):

"If you have two hands, your tail counts as a third hand for the purpose of the Multiweapon Fighting feat and all feats that use Multiweapon Fighting as a prerequisite."

(emphasis added)

Fax Celestis
2014-01-24, 10:11 AM
Doesn't work on Shields or Armor Spikes.
Work for natural weapons and only natural weapons.

Can we aptitude weapon abuse this too?

OldTrees1
2014-01-24, 01:01 PM
Can we aptitude weapon abuse this too?

Depends.
Personally I think aptitude weapon abuses result from either misreading the weapon ability or assuming the DM is blind to authorial intent.
So yes there is probably some person out there that would try to stretch aptitude weapon to apply to rapidstrike.

Sidenote:
Another personal opinion of mine is that if you need to stretch something, talk to your DM about your objective rather than twist logic. Most DMs are on your side.