PDA

View Full Version : Touch to Area

prufock
2014-01-24, 07:59 AM
Is there any way at all to turn a touch spell, or even a single target spell like a ray or close range, into an area effect? For example, Harm, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, etc affecting all in an area.

I know Ocular Spell and Reach Spell can make a touch spell ranged, but not seeing any way to make it affect an area.

Thoughts?

Second question: How does metamagic interact with contingency. I assume you can make contingent extended invisibility, for instance, but does the metamagic feat slot increase affect the spell level = 1/3 caster level cap for contingency? My initial impression says "no," since contingency specifies that this is the spell level cap, and heighten is the only MM that actually increases that, while the others just use a higher-level slot.

Valtu
2014-01-24, 08:54 AM
I know there are definitely ways to alter the shape of an area spell, but I haven't come across anything yet for changing a touch into a different effect altogether.

As for Contingency, I believe you'd have to use the adjusted spell level according to the metamagic feat used.

hicegetraenk
2014-01-24, 08:57 AM
Well, I have no idea how to make a touch spell an AoE, but you could just make it ranged by reach spell and then chain spell to have it affect mutliple targets within 30ft. That's sort of an area?! :)

Darrin
2014-01-24, 10:16 AM
Ocular Spell -> Lens of Ray Widening (32000 GP, Lords of Madness) will get you a cone AoE.