PDA

View Full Version : Help with a dungeon feature

MonsiuerGeneral
2014-01-24, 02:37 PM
Hello everybody!

So my friends and I are doing a strange PvP "campaign". Think Soul Caliber but using D&D. And we're each creating an arena/dungeon type thing. Anyway…

The available books so far are all 3.5 books, but no dragon magazines (but dragon compendium is good to go). No gold limit.

The feature I'm trying to create is basically a sort of zone or area that nullifies any perceptions senses a character might use while inside it (including divining attempts).

So far I've found Blacklight for the darkness effect. I looked up Zone of Silence, but that worked a lot differently than how I imagined (people within the zone are unaffected and sound simply doesn't escape the zone).

Any thoughts how to nullify the other senses or create what I've detailed?

zilonox
2014-01-24, 03:27 PM
The Stronghold Builder's Guidebook has a wonderous architecture called "Hall of Silence" that negates all sound produced within the space. Anyone in it can make a (fairly low-ish) will save to speak normally though. Costs 3,000 gp. It's a 3.0 book though, so you may not be able to use it given your criteria.

Edit: The same book also has "Inscriptions of Concealment". This makes everything in the room "...undetectable to any kind of divination spell and even invisible to normal vision." Costs 45,000 gp.

MonsiuerGeneral
2014-01-24, 03:36 PM
The Stronghold Builder's Guidebook has a wonderous architecture called "Hall of Silence" that negates all sound produced within the space. Anyone in it can make a (fairly low-ish) will save to speak normally though. Costs 3,000 gp. It's a 3.0 book though, so you may not be able to use it given your criteria.

Edit: The same book also has "Inscriptions of Concealment". This makes everything in the room "...undetectable to any kind of divination spell and even invisible to normal vision." Costs 45,000 gp.

Oooh, nice find! Thanks, I'll talk with the group and see if I can get it voted in. That would actually be perfect for what I'm trying to create. Just in case though I'll still look around for alternatives. Appreciate the help! ^_^

bekeleven
2014-01-26, 02:31 AM
There are a number of spells that do similar things. Hide the Path (SC) has a 1-day duration and forces CL checks for all divinations under level 7. Mind Poison is H/L and mind poisons anyone casting divinations. Then there's standbies, like Private Sanctum.