PDA

View Full Version : Belly Dancer build

Pikkle
2014-01-24, 04:37 PM
Hello folks of the playground. I should probably preface this with the whole long time lurker/first time poster thing but that's a little cliche and should be bypassed as quickly as humanly possible.

Now for the actual reason I've got off my metaphorical backside (still sitting on the real one) and posted.

A campaign climax is coming up in my near future where the DM has said he'd be bringing back some characters from our old 2nd edition days and I've had the fun of seeing what sort of cheese I can say fits as translation for a Dwarf Battle Cleric. My Wife came along after those heady days and as she didn't play in that campaign I'm hoping to take this as carte blanche for a new and characterful build for her. The bit I'm really stuck on stems from me wanting to add a theme to this character. My wife is a belly dancer and I'd like suggestions for a nice and easy to play level 20 build that encompasses this.

So Playground, can you give me tips, hints, advice and maybe a little cheese for an easy to play belly dancer?

32pt buy
Core + official 3.5 (so no dragon mag please)

And for inspiration I give you Greg. (The wife drew this one :smallbiggrin:)

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs4/i/2004/196/7/2/Greg_The_Potbelly_Dragon.jpg

Kennisiou
2014-01-24, 04:42 PM
Honestly, quick and dirty would probably be a bard doing Perform (Dance), possibly with five levels in the Cloaked Dancer prestige class (and maybe also some Rogue levels?).

It really depends on what aspects of dancing you want to emphasize. The entertaining aspect would mean going heavier on the charisma axis with things like bard levels. The grace/skill aspect probably would work nicely with rogue or swordsage levels, maybe with factotum if you think the int synergy is appropriate?

Edit: nothing to see here.

Lawl cloaked cancer

Zombimode
2014-01-24, 05:16 PM
Cloaked Cancer prestige class

Sounds nasty :smalltongue:

Also, as a suggestion for a Bard, there is the Snowflake Wardance feat in Frostburn.

In general there are a few "dance"-themed feats and abilities in 3.5

Don't expect anything specifically for belly dancing however, since D&D 3.5 is not exactly a dance simulator :smalltongue:

Alternatively, you could make the "dancer" part of the character unrelated to its adventuring abilities.

mistformsquirrl
2014-01-24, 05:19 PM
Isn't there a Dervish class somewhere that basically dance-fights with a scimitar? Would that work?

Pikkle
2014-01-24, 06:34 PM
Dervish was the class I was looking at for inspiration but I don't want to limit myself to it. I just have images of belly dancers balancing scimeters on their heads while dancing.

I should ad that their is a form of traditional dancing I've seen that involves a dancer balancing 2 swords on their head. Well it's one way to assassinate Mr Sultan :)

Urpriest
2014-01-24, 07:30 PM
Battle Dancer (Dragon Compendium) also may be applicable, potentially as a dip for aforementioned Bard.

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-25, 09:30 AM
A kalashtar that takes advantage of Dancing with Shadows would be pretty fun. Urpriest's Dancing Queen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11437853&postcount=105) build is pretty great, a warblade 8/psychic warrior 2/dervish 10. Or you can see RadicalTaoist's take on the concept here (http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3580071). That version is a warblade 14/fighter 2/battle trickster 3/barbarian 1.

DarkEternal
2014-01-25, 10:08 AM
If you don't mind Dragon magazine classes, there is a Dancer of Sheriss(spelling?) class in one of them that is basically cleric mixed with bard with an animal companion that is a cat which morphs into leopards and tigers(no bears though :( ).