PDA

View Full Version : Acheron (New Comic)

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-25, 03:23 AM
Ok, I had some spare time, and felt like opening AI. So I did the first three pages of a *potential* D&D based comic. The reason it's a "maybe" is because I know nothing of html or how to create a webpage, and I'm too lazy to puzzle out Smackjeeves (at least, at the moment).
So, I present to you, Acheron (http://acheron.smackjeeves.com/) comments appreciated.

EDIT: Added link and deleted images from the thread.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-01-25, 10:53 AM
That there's a nice teaser.

Try ComicGenesis. I hear they make page layout extremely easy, and cover all your hosting needs as well.

I'd be careful, though. Acheron, as in "a plane of existence full of floating iron cubes and soldiers and whatnot" is technically Wizards of the Coast's IP. However, you're only likely to draw their spoooooky ire if you make non-SRD rules info public, so you should be good as long as you don't, like, make jokes about Gruumsh's Hit Points or something.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-25, 01:28 PM
That there's a nice teaser.

Try ComicGenesis. I hear they make page layout extremely easy, and cover all your hosting needs as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into CG, assuming it's free.

I'd be careful, though. Acheron, as in "a plane of existence full of floating iron cubes and soldiers and whatnot" is technically Wizards of the Coast's IP. However, you're only likely to draw their spoooooky ire if you make non-SRD rules info public, so you should be good as long as you don't, like, make jokes about Gruumsh's Hit Points or something.

Hadnt thought of that, truth to be told. I didnt really plan on breaking the forth wall, so hopefully that won't come up.

EDIT: Yea... I'd prefer signing up for a comic hosting site that doesn't require my address and phone number.....

Nerd-o-rama
2007-01-25, 10:04 PM
Wow. Crazy ingsoc comic hosts.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-26, 01:27 AM
Indeed.

I'm working on the next 3, page size should increase somewhere in there. (three 120x120 panels per comic is not big enough.)

OK: Smackjeeves proved to be free, easy enough for my simple mind, and did not require insane amounts of personal information. I have the first three comics (http://acheron.smackjeeves.com/) up.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-01-27, 02:37 PM
Looks alright. I'm gonna say you haven't hit your stride, yet, but it could work out. Also, feel free to spend more than ten minutes deciding on a punchline. That (and cleaner-yet-more-detailed art) is why most comic authors only do three strips a week.

Again, promising, but lacks polish so far in both dialog and non-character art.