PDA

View Full Version : Wonna rate my char? maybe some suggestions?

Kerilstrasz
2014-01-24, 09:11 PM
ok.. my group has high versatility to keep us out of tight situations.
It goes like this
Druid - Healing &some utility casting
Cleric - Front melee fighter with self buffs & some utility casting
Wizard - Battlefield Control (buffs debuffs)
Rogue - Skillmonkey

Now.. since only the cleric is interested in combat & the rest are not at all interested in damage i thought to make a simple char focused only on combat.
So.. that's my build:

Whisper Gnome
Fighter 1
Str:10 , Dex:20 , Con:16 , Int:15 , Wis:13 , Cha:10

Saves: +2Fort, +5Refl, +1Will
AC: 18 HP: 12

Attack: +9
Damage: 1d6+9(8,5)

Feats:
Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus: L.Xbow, Point Blank Shot, Dead Eye,
Crossbow Sniper (with DM permission this makes "DeadEye's" 30ft into 60)

Flaws: Slow, Meagre Fortitude, Feeble, Noncombatant
Traits: Quick, Farsighted

Gear: light Xbow , Leather Armor plus starting kit +10g

Now.. i don't know if i ll go for multiclass or a Pr.C. later.
I think i ll stick with fighter to get more feats.

What do you think? Anything you think i did wrong?Any suggestions for feats as i progress or maybe
a Pr.C. ??

Thnx for your time.

sideswipe
2014-01-25, 07:22 AM
in unearthed arcana it says a character can take a maximum of 2 flaws and 2 traits.

Grayson01
2014-01-25, 07:39 AM
WIth a Con of 16 you should have a +3 bonuse to FORT + 2 from being a LVL 1 fighter so your Fort should be 5

sideswipe
2014-01-25, 07:48 AM
WIth a Con of 16 you should have a +3 bonuse to FORT + 2 from being a LVL 1 fighter so your Fort should be 5

actually he took meagre fortitude so thats -3
his fort should be +2.
but he still needs to get rid of 2 flaws and 2 feats as he cannot take 4 flaws

Kerilstrasz
2014-01-25, 12:38 PM
actually he took meagre fortitude so thats -3
his fort should be +2.
but he still needs to get rid of 2 flaws and 2 feats as he cannot take 4 flaws

my fort is +2.. was a typo..
about flaws.. Dm ruled we can have up to 4 flaws.

limejuicepowder
2014-01-25, 06:08 PM
I'm not seeing 1d6+9 damage, only +8 (not a big deal).

Looks like a pretty solid build. Where are you going to go next? You should try to figure that out first, before taking more levels in fighter. The only reason to take fighter is get extra feats that you absolutely have to cram in - short of that, other class are much better.

Some options:
Factotum. You have a decent int score, and factotum would be a huge help making you a more versatile character. Cunning strike and cunning surge would offer strong nova abilities, while the rest of the class helps you do everything else. Knowledge devotion is good match for the factotum as well, and offers another source of damage.

Cleric. Only takes a 1 level dip, but combined with travel devotion, it'll make full attack routines much easier to make. Might be worth dropping a feat on extra turning for 2 more uses of travel devotion/day. If you go this route, it's probably best to take cleric as your third level.

ToB: This book has something for everyone. The build I had in mind takes a bit of RAW-finagling and a permissive DM, but it might work. Instead of using crossbow sniper, switch to daggers. Take the shadowblade feat, which adds dex to melee damage when in a shadowhand stance. Finally, take a level of bloodstorm blade. Now, ranged attacks count as melee. Note that the deadeye feat says "ranged weapon," and not "ranged attack." Well daggers are ranged weapons even when you stab with them, or convert them to melee attacks via bloodstorm blade. Bam, twice dex to damage - as well as a pile of awesome maneuvers and staces from swordsage and warblade.