PDA

View Full Version : get translocation trick on to a cleric spell list

gawwy
2014-01-24, 10:26 PM
hi guys,

I saw the translocation trick (http://dndtools.eu/spells/spell-compendium--86/translocation-trick--4314/) spell and though it was perfect for my skill monkey/battlefield confusion cleric build im working on.

does anyone know of a RAW way of getting it on a clerics casting list?

i looked at the Divine Magician acf but it states that the spell must be abjuration, divination, or necromancy. and its an conjuration spell.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-24, 10:28 PM
Arguably Extra Spell. Very arguably. More of a "well, it doesn't say one way or another, so I'm choosing to interpret it favorably" thing, really. Though it's hardly game-breaking. Ask your DM.

gawwy
2014-01-24, 10:36 PM
As i read it thats exactly what its intended for. burning a feat for a singular spell is painful but im not aiming at a high op build as the rest of the table consists of a scout with no way to move fullattack, a monk and a druid without wild spell.

Stux
2014-01-24, 11:01 PM
As i read it thats exactly what its intended for.

Thats cool, but as Grod suggested there are a lot of DMs that don't read it that way, only letting you pick spells that are on your list (thus making the feat useless for Clerics of course).

Partly this is due to it being addressed in the official FAQ:

Can you take spells from spell lists other than your own with the Extra Spell feat (CAr 79)?

The Extra Spell feat allows you to choose a new spell, but it does not remove the restrictions of how you would normally pick your spells—so they must be picked from your own spell list.

Now FAQ isn't RAW, but you definitely need to check your DM is cool with it one way or the other.

Osiris
2014-01-25, 08:31 AM
Off the top of my head, I have no idea what that spell does, but there is one way. I think you'd have to remake your cleric though. You could have the Spell Domain (SC) and use its Greater Anyspell and just pick translocation trick. I'm not sure how you'd reconfigure your entire guy though, but if you DO have the spell domain, you're set!