PDA

View Full Version : Lifebond Vestment

kirerellim
2014-01-25, 12:41 AM
Ok, I liked this at first until I reread it later.

You may not use this ability on any creature more than
once per hour.

Does anyone else think this makes the entire thing pointless?

Glimbur
2014-01-25, 09:30 AM
Yeah, that is a serious downside. You can read the Heart bind as removing the time restriction, but that is really expensive for something that is honestly not that powerful.xx

It has its uses, but it is no replacement for a wand of CLW or lesser vigor.

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-25, 10:27 AM
If you're allowed to combine it with Caduceus Bracers, then it becomes the equivalent of Lesser Restoration once per hour. Still not game breaking, but slightly better.

Big Fau
2014-01-25, 12:21 PM
Many people overestimate the usefulness of infinite out-of-combat healing, and the MoI's developers were no exception. They failed to realize that multiple methods of infinite healing already existed, and took a heavy hand to the Lifebond Vestments soulmeld.

If your DM is fine with things like Binders with Buer, Crusaders punching trees, Persistent Circle of Vigor, or Dread Necromancers and Tomb-Tainted Soul, ask him to lower the recharge time to 1 minute instead of 1 hour.

kirerellim
2014-01-25, 12:51 PM
Actually, I am the GM and was thinking every ten rounds or so lol. I just wanted to see if I was crazy in thinking that it seemed kinda meh compared to a lot of basic healing effects. Thanks for the input!