PDA

View Full Version : Hilgya return?

The DeathKnight
2014-01-25, 06:18 AM
So not too sure if this has been talked about before, most likely it has and i failed my spot checks, but what's everyone's thoughts of Hilgya coming back when the OotS go north "past the Dwarven Lands" (I know her return has been bought up ages ago, but now there is an opportunity to conclude her story, since Sabine and her (maybe Thog too) are all that remains of original LG).
I mean, they could just fly straight to the gate, but I don't think Rich would give up the chance to show some of Durkon's homeland (as well as other things) especially now that Durkon has had a massive character development overhaul. :smallbiggrin:

oppyu
2014-01-25, 06:20 AM
So not too sure if this has been talked about before, most likely it has and i failed my spot checks, but what's everyone's thoughts of Hilgya coming back when the OotS go north "past the Dwarven Lands" (I know her return has been bought up ages ago, but now there is an opportunity to conclude her story, since Sabine and her (maybe Thog too) are all that remains of original LG).
I mean, they could just fly straight to the gate, but I don't think Rich would give up the chance to show some of Durkon's homeland (as well as other things) especially now that Durkon has had a massive character development overhaul. :smallbiggrin:
It'd be a shame if she took Durkon's terrible advice and went back to the dwarven lands. She seems much happier in the human lands, and I don't know if her husband would survive her return.

Keltest
2014-01-25, 09:00 AM
It'd be a shame if she took Durkon's terrible advice and went back to the dwarven lands. She seems much happier in the human lands, and I don't know if her husband would survive her return.

Yeah, but durkon is in need of some character development, and what better way to do that than confront him with the consequences of his past actions?

Dumbestupidiot
2014-01-25, 09:13 AM
Oh, I really hope we don't get another fatherland thing. If Durkon has a kid from Hilgya it'll be both interesting and i'd start questioning the sheer quantity of daddy issues that this comic has (although on the other hand it'll be from the other side of the perspective (aka perspective parent as opposed to child))

Besides, Malack already spawned a child with Durkon.

cheesecake
2014-01-25, 10:53 AM
Oh, I really hope we don't get another fatherland thing. If Durkon has a kid from Hilgya it'll be both interesting and i'd start questioning the sheer quantity of daddy issues that this comic has (although on the other hand it'll be from the other side of the perspective (aka perspective parent as opposed to child))

Besides, Malack already spawned a child with Durkon.

I never really thought about it but you are right this comic does have a lot of "daddy issues".

Seems to be a recurring theme.

I'd hate to see durkon be a baby daddy. That would just make things awkward at this point.

Kish
2014-01-25, 11:36 AM
Yeah, but durkon is in need of some character development, and what better way to do that than confront him with the consequences of his past actions?
I can't think of anything that would make Durkon less likely to develop than being slapped with consequences for the one and only time in his life he acted motivated by anything but duty.
:durkon: "Character development is bad! I'll never think about anything but duty again!"

Nimrod's Son
2014-01-25, 11:38 AM
Turn him into a vampire?

martianmister
2014-01-25, 03:25 PM
Considering her hate for dwarven society and customs, I don't expect her in there.

David Argall
2014-01-25, 04:32 PM
It has been talked about ever since Durkon sent her away. Probably won't happen, but there have been suggestions of baby showers.

137beth
2014-01-26, 04:29 PM
I can't think of anything that would make Durkon less likely to develop than being slapped with consequences for the one and only time in his life he acted motivated by anything but duty.
:durkon: "Character development is bad! I'll never think about anything but duty again!"

Pretty much this.

He might encounter her ex-husband, and realize that actually, Hilgya was right to run away (though not right to try and kill him).

Bulldog Psion
2014-01-26, 05:33 PM
I never really thought about it but you are right this comic does have a lot of "daddy issues".

Seems to be a recurring theme.

I'd hate to see durkon be a baby daddy. That would just make things awkward at this point.

Yes, we've got more than enough dad problems in the comic already.

Elan vs. Tarquin
Nale vs. Tarquin
Roy vs. Eugene
Eugene vs. his father (I forget his name)
Haley vs. Ian

We've got 5 major father issues going right now. Adding a sixth? Seems quite undesirable for several reasons.

Gift Jeraff
2014-01-26, 06:03 PM
Considering her hate for dwarven society and customs, I don't expect her in there.

What if she's in there killing dwarves and bringing down dwarven society?

angry_bear
2014-01-26, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure if a reasonably powerful chaotic evil cleric of Loki returning to their homeland in order to fulfill their duty would be a good thing... It would be interesting to see Hilgya again though.

martianmister
2014-01-26, 06:23 PM

It would be too evil for her, I think.

Living Oxymoron
2014-01-28, 01:25 PM

Would Durkon oppose her in that case? I mean, in the Lawful vs. Chaotic perspective?

Benthesquid
2014-01-28, 01:57 PM

Eh?

Surely if Hilgya has taken Durkon's advice and returned to her husband, that would be Durkon being confronted with the consequences for one of the many times he's acted motivated by duty.

Sir_Leorik
2014-01-28, 01:59 PM

I expect that she'll make an appearance at some point in Book Six. Now that Durkon's a Lawful Evil Vampire he would have a very different view of Hilgya and Ivan's marriage: he'd probably murder Ivan and turn Hilgya into a Vampire bride. (The wedding would still conform to Dwarven tradition, of course. :smallbiggrin:) Whether that is how she will be reintroduced to the storyline or not, it just seems a shame to have Durkon return home, and not bring Hilgya back into the story.

Sir_Leorik
2014-01-28, 02:03 PM
Yes, we've got more than enough dad problems in the comic already.

Elan vs. Tarquin
Nale vs. Tarquin
Roy vs. Eugene
Eugene vs. his father (I forget his name)

Horace. Horace Greenhilt.

Haley vs. Ian

We've got 5 major father issues going right now. Adding a sixth? Seems quite undesirable for several reasons.

What makes you think Durkon wouldn't get along with any son he may have had with Hilgya? Because he's a Dwarf? Because he's a Vampire? Because Durkon didn't use a protection spell, since his main education on this subject was chastity until marriage? (That really isn't what Thor would do, is it? :smalltongue:)