PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Newbie Druid player and Wild Shape hitpoints.

Dreadgrim
2014-01-25, 06:37 AM
Hello, my party's Druid has CON 10.

It seems like hitpoints during Wild Shape stay the same.

Would it be broken if I use old rules about Wild Shape in my campaign (applying to all Druids OFC)?

Consider that the party is not optimization heavy, but the player is going to be a Planar Shepard that is pretty strong anyway.

By the way, are those "old rules" based on 3.0 or on a pre-errata 3.5? It seems to me that my 3.5 PH says that hit points stay the same but ATM I'm not sure and can't look.

Thanks

eggynack
2014-01-25, 06:55 AM
I'd probably not make such a change. You'd basically be turning druids from a two stat dependent class into a one stat dependent class, and druids don't need the help. That's doubly true when they're going planar shepherd, which is one of the strongest prestige classes in the game.

Edit: Why don't you, instead of rewriting the rules of the game to accommodate this poor decision, offer to allow some restatting? It'd probably leave the player with less HP than they'd get from this wild shape change a lot of the time, and it would have a cost. If the player doesn't want to restat, despite your suggestion and offer, then that decision will be on them, and it's not your responsibility to alter the game such that bad decisions are good ones.