2014-01-25, 10:05 AM
ok, i want to make a legendary whale
sort of like the legendary bear and tiger
however, i have no idea how to do this
and my homebrew skills are pretty terribad

thank you for any and all responses to this :smallbiggrin:

WhiteLycan
2014-01-25, 10:53 AM
Don't know what the legendary whale would attack with... Seems like swallow whole as a colossal (maybe colossal+) monster would be it's only attack, and maybe a crush or slam. Just mash the legendary bear (minus the attacks) with the whale (animal).

inexorabletruth
2014-01-26, 09:48 AM
The easy solutions are:

Use a modified version of Legendary Shark. Pick your whale and apply the bennies where needed.
Just use the Leviathon monster stats from MM2, pg 139 and call it a legendary whale.

Honestly, I'd go with the latter option, but if you really want to build one, here's how I'd do it:

Legendary Orca Whale (Huge Animal)
Abilities: STR 34, DEX 17, CON 33, INT 1, WIS 16, CHA 11

Then I'd build the rest of the monster based on that. I got these stats by comparing the Huge Shark with the Orca Whale, since they're both Huge category and so is the Legendary Shark. Everywhere a stat went up, I added the difference to the whale's stats.

*Special Note
I never noticed this before, but apparently Legendary Animals lose all their feats. So beware of this when modifying stats, then make sure it gets all good saves.

An Orca gets Alertness, Endurance, Run, Toughness. A Legendary Orca on the other hand, would not benefit from any of these feats.