PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon sniper 3.5

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-25, 10:45 AM
Sry gitp for all these threads ><

Still on the chameleon build, decided to go bow sniper for more dmg.

Phrenic (LA bought off at 6 and 9)
Feat rogue 2/targeteer fighter 1/cloister cleric 1/x 1/chameleon 10/shiba protector 1

What class that gets sneak attack at lvl 1 should I get?
I was thinking psy rogue for the autohypnosis (able learner)
Is there something better?

What stuff can I add to my bow for more effectiveness...
I was thinking of a +1 composite longbow of speed, distance and collision
With greater magic weapon persisted.

Is it worth taking 2 monk lvls and 1 rogue lvl instead of feat rogue 2/x1? (I won't be using monk lvls to get feats which I can't normally use)

Other than PBS, precise and rapid shots, any other feat I should get?

If a bow is elvencraft... Can I activate decisive strike with arrows?

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-25, 10:50 AM
Collision is good for snipers who rely on multipliers, since it's a fat static bonus that gets multiplied easily.

PsyRogue is a solid option for one level of sneak attack, and Spellthief is also a fine choice.

It's really hard to beat Splitting as a bow enhancement, even if you're planning on sniping. I'd take it over Speed - they're the same price, but Splitting generates significantly more attacks, and Speed means you can't benefit from Haste or Swift Haste.

Seeking is probably a better choice than Distance.

EDIT:

You can't activate Decisive Strike with your arrows even with an elvencraft bow, but you could, say, hit someone with your fists/quarterstaff to activate Decisive Strike, then benefit from its double damage if you used Arrow Mind or Action Surge or Celerity or something to get other attacks.

Zombulian
2014-01-25, 02:22 PM
Put Spellthief in there and see if you can take Master Spellthief to stack up your spell stealing level with your Chameleon levels.

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-26, 07:21 AM
Put Spellthief in there and see if you can take Master Spellthief to stack up your spell stealing level with your Chameleon levels.

Won't be able to since arcane focus explicitly states such.

What about actual bow/arrow feats/enhancements /items/etc...

Also is there a way to raise divine caster CL

sideswipe
2014-01-26, 09:07 AM
Take scout 1 :smallwink:

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-26, 09:18 AM
Won't be able to since arcane focus explicitly states such.

What about actual bow/arrow feats/enhancements /items/etc...

Also is there a way to raise divine caster CL

You would need some other method of getting second level arcane spells to TAKE Master Spellthief. However, once you take it, the CL boost will benefit your Arcane Focus.

I mentioned thoughts on bow enhancement in my previous post. +1 seeking splitting collision is a fine start. My one piece of advice would be to check with your DM to see if a bow augmented by greater magic weapon can still qualify for the higher level weapon crystals. If not, you may want to go as high as +3.

For raising divine caster level, you've got a bunch of ways. Beads of Karma from the Strand of Prayer Beads (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#strandofPrayerBeads) are your best bet. +4 CL is pretty hard to beat. Divine Spell Power is decent if you've got a pretty good turn undead check. Various feats, spells, items and domains can give you other boosts. I recommend checking out the thread Raising Caster Level (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1054346).

DMJeff
2014-01-26, 09:21 AM
Wrong section

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-26, 09:25 AM
Just to verify about the tier system. It deals just as much with other sources as the basic. Even warlocks and some old style UW (Sam's). The only thing you might switch is the warlock if your playing a moderate to heavy magic/magic item campaign. They can be the ultimate support character with their UMD take 10 ability's. Healer/Support/Blaster/Caster. However there should of been a Tier 12 for chaos mage's which appear to of been invented by that vindictive DM who feel's he is against the players. P.S Chaos mages have no real benefits and are plagued with a plethora of negatives that destroy and alter your character. Sure the author states blah blah but if you look and mixing multiple effects you cant really do what they set out to try.

Generally speaking if the rest of the group is mixed or exotic (Support possibly weak classes) Fighter as boring as they can sometimes be will help balance things out. The tank type feel can help Dispose of enemy's quicker (well those new player's get use to their ability's and spell's) And soak up alot of damage if you have to put your self in the direct line of fire. You never go wrong with a good old fashion tank. And it's better a more experienced character choosing what enemy's to step directly In front of then a less experienced one.

I think you meant to post this in another thread.

DMJeff
2014-01-26, 09:53 AM
I think you meant to post this in another thread.

LOL yes yes I did. TY

Nihilarian
2014-01-26, 10:00 AM
There's a scout variant in Dragon Magazine that gets bonus damage that works at any range.

Xerlith
2014-01-26, 02:32 PM

You can't. You must use an Aptitude bow and one of the Eberron monk weapon feats.

And the class you seek is Sneak Attack Fighter. Gets SA as the rogue.

Piggy Knowles
2014-01-26, 02:41 PM
You can't. You must use an Aptitude bow and one of the Eberron monk weapon feats.

And the class you seek is Sneak Attack Fighter. Gets SA as the rogue.

He already has fighter in his build, unfortunately, and you can't mix and match sneak attack fighter with the sneak attack version.

Xerlith
2014-01-26, 03:33 PM
Well, he can probably do a Targeteer Sneak Attack Fighter.

I'd take a level of Barbarian probably. Whirling frenzy gives an additional attack after all.

D4rkh0rus
2014-01-26, 09:41 PM
Well, he can probably do a Targeteer Sneak Attack Fighter.

I'd take a level of Barbarian probably. Whirling frenzy gives an additional attack after all.

Targeteer sneak attack fighter, while it exists, beats the reason to take either... Since the targeteer abilities, like vital aim, require to spend the fighter feats on them...

Also I'm planning on being able to adapt during combat... So being locked into either attacking or attacking doesn't mesh well...
Also... Raging barbarians can't use hide and move silently... Being sneaky while foam pours out of your mouth.... Lol

I wanna have the option to cast spells, attack, use skills or use wands/scrolls during combat.