PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.X] About Malcanthet, her aspects, their roles and getting to them

The Insanity
2014-01-25, 02:44 PM
I'm making an adventure/campaign where the goal/mission is to attain a piece of Malcanthet for magical purposes. I don't want it to be an Epic game, that's why the PCs won't be higher than 20th level (possibly lower, so that they can level up at least once or twice).
Now, there are two options here for the PCs to pursue. They can go for an easy mark and try the CR 21-22 aspect, but because their employer will pay much more for a more powerful version, they can be a bit greedier and try the CR 28 (IIRC) aspect. The original is way too powerful on her own, not to mention all the bodyguards and whole armies protecting her.
I'm interested what roles would those aspects have or how, do you think, would Malcanthet use them (assuming that she herself is sitting comfortably and safely in her realm)?
Also I'm asking you for ideas on how would a group of PCs possibly go about getting a piece of her for their employer and on what level could I reasonably send them on this quest without it being either too easy or impossible. Obviously outright attacking her all "Leroy Jenkins" style is not what I have i mind, I'm talking more about sneaking in or using some con.
My own guess would be 15th level for the weaker aspect. The PCs would be powerful, but not yet at their full potential (no 9th level spells yet, for example).

The Insanity
2014-01-27, 03:19 PM
Nothing? :|

123456789blaaa
2014-01-27, 05:36 PM
For the question about how Mal would use her aspects/what roles they'd have, I'd suggest asking here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317316). Not sure about the rest since the linked thread is mainly for planar fluff. Still, doesn't hurt to ask.

The Insanity
2014-01-27, 06:22 PM
Well, I made some changes, so I didn't think asking for official fluff would help me. But you're right. Maybe I'll learn something useful. I even have a few other questions that I could ask, although I doubt there's any official answers.