PDA

View Full Version : Evil Campaign to Unite (Conquer & Dominate) All Worlds - Celestials, Devils & Demons

crystaleye
2014-01-25, 05:53 PM
Hello all,

I am thinking of starting an evil campaign to unite, conquer & dominate all planes in the universe and especially the conquer and domination of all Celestials, Devils and Demons.

The major figurehead for this campaign will be a half-celestial, half-fiend, half-dragon, half-vampire, half-elf, half-fire elemental, half-air elemental, fallen saint (wielding both divine and vile magics), lyncathrope, Deity Level 1.

Yeah He is a Super Munchkin.

How would you run this campaign if you are the GM?

crystaleye
2014-01-25, 05:55 PM
One of the biggest problems I have is the idea of having celestials, demons and devils in my army of followers.

Why would celestials, demons and devils work together to follow a super-munchkin minor deity god?

Your ideas on this would be particularly welcome.

Valwyn
2014-01-25, 06:50 PM
The major figurehead for this campaign will be a half-celestial, half-fiend, half-dragon, half-vampire, half-elf, half-fire elemental, half-air elemental, fallen saint (wielding both divine and vile magics), lyncathrope, Deity Level 1.

Wait. You only have seven halves. What happened to the other seven? :smallconfused:
:smallbiggrin:

Why would celestials, demons and devils work together to follow a super-munchkin minor deity god?

They probably wouldn't. Demons and devils hate each other and are at constant war (the Blood Wars). Devils used to be celestials at some point, before they teamed up with Asmodeus and he was kicked out of Celestia (Asmodeus & co. were originally the celestials in charge of fighting off the demons, if I remember correctly). Celestials are at war with both devils and demons. Not to mention they are made of opposite alignments, and opposites do not attract.

But I guess it's possible for you to force them to follow you through intimidation and/or brute strength (I'm leaning towards the latter). Or maybe none of them likes the idea of facing Cthulhu or someone else from the Far Realm and have to work together to kill it or keep it away.

Maybe you could just bind a solar, a balor, and a pit fiend, and make Ice Assassins of them, and then chain IA them.

Red Fel
2014-01-25, 08:02 PM
They probably wouldn't.

This. Acknowledging, first, that a DM can fiat a lot of things away - including stacking all of those templates onto a single being.

Further acknowledging that one could argue in favor of certain collaborations among the myriad factions involved - for example, a handful of Archons and Devils begrudgingly working together because the fabric of reality is at risk, and both sides are Lawful and therefore willing to (briefly) work together to preserve a multiverse so that they can have something to fight over - there is no way that they would all work together. It simply can't be done.

You could argue that your BBEG is somehow able to dominate their minds and rob them of whatever free will they might possess. I find this unlikely, since, as Outsiders, they are themselves incarnate; attempting to change their nature on such a massive scale would likely change them as well. (See e.g. Asmodeus, former Celestial, now Devil.) Binding works okay on an individual basis, but it gets complicated really fast. Further, doing so would likely draw the ire of the entire pantheon of deities, since they tend to be served by the various Outsiders your guy plans to dominate. A single Divine Rank 1 deity doesn't stand a chance against their combined power.

I think you'd better think it out again.

Tragak
2014-01-26, 09:57 AM
Maybe he could try playing up his own image as a supervillain for the purpose of giving the rest of the universe a common enemy to unite against?