View Full Version : Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues

Hiro Protagonest
2014-01-25, 06:14 PM
So, anyone know about this (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385)? It's Lord British's attempt to bring back the Ultima Online style of game, and I think you can get in the alpha right now if you donated (I haven't yet, and the Adventurer pledge level hasn't been updated from "estimated alpha delivery December 2013", so I don't know for certain). It got nearly two million on Kickstarter and has passed three million dollars in funding.

JediSoth
2014-01-27, 10:50 AM
So, anyone know about this (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385)? It's Lord British's attempt to bring back the Ultima Online style of game, and I think you can get in the alpha right now if you donated (I haven't yet, and the Adventurer pledge level hasn't been updated from "estimated delivery December 2013", so I don't know for certain). It got nearly two million on Kickstarter and has passed three million dollars in funding.

I bought in during the initial Kickstarter played the initial alpha release. There was another release this weekend that I forgot about. I'm not sure how much detail I can say about the alpha release; I think I'm under an NDA for it (same with Elder Scrolls Online... I missed the second round of that, too, because Real Life™ got in the way).

erikun
2014-01-27, 01:27 PM
I backed it and played with the alpha a little bit on Saturady. (Sadly, I'd forgotten about it before that, and was busy Sunday.) It definitely looks like it has a lot of potential, although there's clearly still a lot of work to be done. I still haven't had the chance to put up my impressions of the alpha game on the forums, though.

I think the estimated release date is late 2014, or at least that has been my impression since I first discovered it. Note that the Adventurer tier says "estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013" which would be correct, as the first alpha was released December 12th to December 14th. The most recent alpha was the second release.

Hiro Protagonest
2014-01-27, 01:33 PM
I think the estimated release date is late 2014, or at least that has been my impression since I first discovered it. Note that the Adventurer tier says "estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013" which would be correct, as the first alpha was released December 12th to December 14th. The most recent alpha was the second release.

I did write it so it looked like it would come out last month, didn't I. -_-

Well, when I get enough money to back it at the Immortal Adventurer level (probably this Friday), I'll do that.

Cikomyr
2014-01-27, 01:35 PM
I was interested until I saw a "gameplay" trailer, in which they seemed more interesting in making this game a Real Estate Simulator than an adventure game.

Plus, cheap supermagic is just a flavor I hate.

Hiro Protagonest
2014-01-27, 07:46 PM
I was interested until I saw a "gameplay" trailer, in which they seemed more interesting in making this game a Real Estate Simulator than an adventure game.

This is the successor to Ultima Online. There's nothing more important than being able to tame the wilds and open a bakery. :smallwink: