PDA

View Full Version : Making a grappler self sufficient (Solo Campaign)

Silva Stormrage
2014-01-25, 06:58 PM
Okay, so the situation in a recent campaign my brother runs for me the normal situation is that I get 4 characters and can run them as a party. Unfortunately I had some incredibly terrible rolling against a basilisk killed 3/4 of my party (Well stoned them but now they are stranded in the middle of a monster ridden forest where I have no idea where they are and have no way of restoring them.)

So it looks like my last remaining character suddenly became a solo character and he wasn't built for it. I was wondering if the playground has any suggestions on making the build (3 Racial HD (Anthromorphic Whale) Level 1 Unarmed Sword Sage, Level 1 Crusader) more self sufficient. I was planning on going for grappling + master of nine but grappling can be countered pretty hard by certain creatures and casters so I think I might need some other options and I was never that amazing at optimizing ToB characters.

Current house rules/things to note
Low wealth setting
Low populated setting
I can choose to delay getting a stance or maneuver until a higher level if I wish
Sword sages get their wis to ac at level 1 instead of 2.

So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great as I would love for this character to survive the campaign :smalltongue: