PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some incantations to add flavor to spells

hokorippoi
2014-01-26, 06:53 AM
I been trying to find some nice incantation for spells.
I would think someone would have made up incantations (in English).

EX:
Spell: Aid - "They may turn and fold, but our shield wall will hold."

Elxir_Breauer
2014-01-26, 09:23 AM
Any spell with longer than a Swift/Immediate Action casting time: "Yu Mo Gwai Gui Fai Di Zao"
Slow the chant to fill time on full round spells, repeat every round for spells with longer than 1 Round cast times. :smalltongue:

Captnq
2014-01-26, 09:30 AM
We just use, "Murmur murmur chant INVOKE!"

RolandDeschain
2014-01-26, 09:45 AM
I'm sure it sounds lame on this forum(which is populated with amazingly creative people), but I just google translate the spell name into latin...it sounds cool in game and it's quick/simple to do even though I'm certainly mangling the pronunciations.

Red Fel
2014-01-26, 10:42 AM
Any spell with longer than a Swift/Immediate Action casting time: "Yu Mo Gwai Gui Fai Di Zao"
Slow the chant to fill time on full round spells, repeat every round for spells with longer than 1 Round cast times. :smalltongue:

For bonus effect, chant while hopping on one foot and burning incense.

You can watch just about any sword and sorcery anime or read any such manga and get a grocery list of great-sounding chants, using either the original language or the translation. (I happen to like the rock'n'roll feel of the spells in Bastard!!, for example.)

DJroboninja
2014-01-26, 11:35 AM
For any weather based spells, be sure to use any of Storm's lines from the old X-Men cartoon:

"Nature I command you, bring forth thunder and lightning!" (Call Lightning)

"I summon thee, arctic winds!" (Cone of Cold/Gust of Wind)

"Nature, heed my command - a wall of rain to quench the flames!!" (Control Weather, niche scenario)

Alent
2014-01-26, 11:57 AM
FFT's Holy Explosion chant probably would work good for Divine Power in a CoDzilla joke sort of way.

"Heaven's wish to destroy all minds! Divine Power!"