PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help planning some encounters

Vanitas
2014-01-26, 07:44 AM
Hello, guys. I'm DMing a session later today and I have yet to plan the encounters (had a busy week).
Players are in a big city and just found out there are lots of drow infiltrated. I plan to use this session for drow attacks with some monsters. The players are 9th level (half-elf iaijutsu master, archer paladin, elf swashbuckler, kobold sorcerer/swordsage, half-elf magus). Some ideas I had:
- undead, probably wights, released in several spots at once to create panic (and more wights)
- demons, lots of demons. not sure which ones I should use as mooks yet, considering a glabrezu for the last encounter
- I'm thinking about using 4 Large dragons in separate encounters
- at least one assassination attempt, probably using a drow Ninja
- about that last encounter - I could have drow priestesses trying to summon a glabrezu and a time attack situation for the players to stop it

Thought on this?

Spore
2014-01-26, 08:08 AM
Combine all of that. But Undead aren't the style of Drow, this feels more like Duergar territory to me.

1 dragon fight
1 Glabrezu
1 assassination attempt (while fighting a brigade of soldiers with clerical backup, use the Darkness spell cleverly, maybe someone friendly a shadow demon overtook?)
1 fight with Dretch & Quasits (only believable if the enemies have a 17th level Cleric or Wizard to cast Gate, otherwise you wouldn't bind so many Dretch)

DJroboninja
2014-01-26, 11:48 AM
I would say multiple assassination attempts across the city to divert attention away from a priestess attempting to summon a bunch of fiends in the middle of the city. Have her be protected by a couple of Draegloths (from Monsters of Faerun, easy to convert to PF), because they look metal as **** and are half drow half demon.

Keep the players on a clock - otherwise they'll just pop into the nearest church or potion shop and heal up after each fight.