PDA

View Full Version : GOBLINS Really?

DMJeff
2014-01-26, 09:44 AM
So after 2 decades of playing and DMing I added to my World FelMire and created an area that needed inhabitant's. So I looked through hundred's of sources even dusted off some old water damaged 2nd edition. And then I found Goblins Pathfinder! Now recalling your usually goblin weak rascally demeanor and such. And now compare it to a more feral Kind of stitch off of lelo and stitch type of creature. Cant say they are any more powerful but that savage perhaps streak of wild bravery led me to building what I refer to as the Great Goblin cluster. I drew up villages and populations and then made a few NPC Barbarian Goblins and from there I had a chaotic breeding ground for the most notorious and semi-iconic creature dnd has brought forward.

So whats the difference? I cant really say except a whole lot of subtle differences that guide them in the right direction. I was truly impressed with the face lift. However after a bit of discovery and research al ot of the old dragon mags authors apparently have a hand in the new pathfinder. Remeber that mag that used to run and one could get delivered to there door? So we are adjusting slowly to pathfinder as a way to punish the dnd gures for the creation of that unholy bastardization 4th edition.

I was truly impressed with the goblins and thought I would share. Can't wait to start a level one Campaign again!

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-01-26, 10:10 AM
I like Pathfinder goblins myself, I feel like they drew a lot from M:tG goblins for their exclusive feats and Archetypes.

Morty
2014-01-26, 10:13 AM
Pathfinder goblins are even worse than in regular 3rd edition D&D and previous ones, which is impressive in its own way. The same applies to most other monster races.

morkendi
2014-01-26, 01:21 PM
My DM mixes 3.5 and pathfinder. He tosses blues in with them as well as class levels on bosses and they can be touph. We had one I charmed early on in game that ended up sticking with us because he thought we were powerful and he would get tressure. He leveled as a NPC swift hunter ranger scout till campaign ended around 15th lvl.