PDA

View Full Version : OotS setting write up?

fireinthedust
2014-01-26, 10:53 AM
has anyone scribed this, or run a game there?

fireinthedust
2014-01-26, 02:45 PM
I was just reminiscing that no one seems to have an OotS themed game going on the PBP forum. It'd be... kinda funny, really. I mean, yes, it's supposed to be a generic work-in-progress setting in the strip, but still!

Thoughts?

Could it even make a good setting?

Grinner
2014-01-26, 02:48 PM
I was just reminiscing that no one seems to have an OotS themed game going on the PBP forum. It'd be... kinda funny, really. I mean, yes, it's supposed to be a generic work-in-progress setting in the strip, but still!

Thoughts?

Could it even make a good setting?

The world-building isn't particularly notable...No more so than Forgotten Realms or the like.

The Order of the Stick is about the writing, not the world-building

USS Sorceror
2014-01-26, 04:23 PM
Perhaps from a mechanical perspective, there could be a stat or skill or something specifically designated for fourth wall awareness, with everyone at least having a little bit. Really, I think most of the "mythos" or world-building from OotS is already done for us.

Jack of Spades
2014-01-27, 05:48 AM
I severely doubt that such a write up would survive very long anywhere but these forums, especially since the Giant is good at keeping a tight leash on his IP.

Although, the Giant has on occasion mused that the idea had crossed his mind in ages past. I remember him making a joke somewhere about Genre Savvy being a bard ACF in such a book, were he ever to write one. Which I don't think he is currently planning to.

Ravens_cry
2014-01-27, 05:42 PM
To be honest, it's never been a setting that really struck me as 'I want to play that!' What makes, to me, OotS interesting is the characters.