PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] [Build] One More Thing!

Red Fel
2014-01-26, 11:00 AM
Come closer. Give Uncle a hug.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rScWCcozUoQ/0.jpg
*WHACK*

Why have you not statted a build for Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures yet?! Statting builds is the only thing keeping Uncle's ancient heart beating! You want dead Uncle? No? Then you stat build!

Ladies and gentlemen, I propose to you a fun and exciting build exercise. You know him. You love him. You love when he smacks someone upside the head over "One more thing!" It's Uncle, just Uncle, from the animated series Jackie Chan Adventures, and I want your help building him.

For those unfamiliar with the character, Uncle is a father-figure and mentor to the protagonists of the series. Often sage and occasionally senile, Uncle offers words of wisdom, traditional herbal remedies, powerful chi magic, and the occasional smacking of heads to his friends and family. A few things about Uncle: Uncle trained as a Chi Wizard under Chi Master Fong. This powerful holy magic involves rituals, incantations, alchemy, potions, home cooking, and an extensive study of pressure points and the mystical properties of small lizards. Occasionally one must chant while hopping on one foot and burning incense.
Uncle is also an accomplished martial artist, utilizing his knowledge of pressure points, along with years of training and agility, to dispatch aggressive thugs who threaten his antique shop (formerly an 8-track tape store). In his youth, he trained in the Chinese acrobatic performing troupe "The Seven Little Fortunes."
Uncle speaks in the third person quite often!
Uncle has a passion for antiques, ancient inscriptions, and research. Uncle has a near-encyclopedic knowledge of various ancient Chinese legends and myths, artifacts, demons, and so forth.
Uncle knows how to properly cook fermented beetle larva. (It's good protein.)
Uncle's mystical training has lent him preternatural senses; in the presence of supernatural evil, Uncle gets "the willies."
So, now you know Uncle. Let's build him! The Rules: Sources: 3.5 only. 3.0 is acceptable if it can be properly ported. 4e and PF are right out. No third-party, homebrew or Dragon Magazine, although Dragon Compendium is acceptable.
Race: Human. If you really want to push, I suppose we could do special Human subraces, such as Silverbrow or Azurin, but Uncle is ultimately Human. He's just a very awesome Human. No Templates, no LAs.
Alignment: Any Good. Except for one time when he was turned into a Chi Vampire in service to another Chi Vampire, Uncle has generally always been Good.
Classes: Any. Classes should emphasize first his chi magic, and second, to a lesser degree, his martial arts. Knowledge should also be a focus.
Levels: Any. Anywhere from 1 to 20, although obviously a level 1 build won't tell us much, and probably doesn't fit the character.
Magic must defeat magic!
Unlike my prior build threads, I don't have any real starting advice on this one. This isn't for a character I would ever use, but rather for the creative exercise, and the thrill of seeing Uncle on paper. If you enjoy the character as much as I do, I think you'll get a kick out of this idea. Hopefully not literally.

Pick up your pencils... And begin!

Obviously, I cannot link copyrighted content here, but if you require a reference for the character, go onto YouTube and search for "Uncle is Awesome."

Chambers
2014-01-26, 02:07 PM
Simple Version: Wizard 3/Monk 2/Enlightened Fist 10/Abjurant Champion 5.

Casts spells as a 16th level Wizard, Monk abilities as a 12th level Monk (AC, unarmed damage, unarmored speed, stunning fist uses).

Monk meets the martial weapon proficiency requirement of Abjurant Champion with the handaxe. Take Knowledge Devotion, Arcane Strike, maybe Snap Kick from Tome of Battle. Arcane Strike works with Unarmed Strikes, so no need for a weapon.

Less Simple Version would use Unarmed Swordsage and Jade Phoenix Mage.

Psionic Version would use Monastic Training/Tashalatora. Monk 3/Psychic Warrior 3/(Zerth Cenobite or Psionic Fist) 10/Slayer 4. The Slayer's Enemy Sense is good for the "willies" but it's limited to a single psionic creature type. The Nemesis feat from BoED might be better, especially if you can work in a non-standard Favored Enemy (like Favored Enemy: Evil or Arcanists).