PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Demi-Planes

Captnq
2014-01-26, 06:00 PM
Hi. Looking for some interesting Demi-Planes.

They can exist alread in a book, or be a cool idea, Like Demi-Plane of Cool Ideas.

Or can be funny, like Demi-Plane of Whoop-Ass.

Any ideas?

Eldan
2014-01-26, 06:01 PM
Neth, the Living Plane. I love that place.

The Plane of Shadows used to be a Demiplane, back in AD&D.

Ravenloft, the Demiplane of Dread.

Irk
2014-01-26, 06:22 PM
Quasi elemental plane of vacuum. Vacuum elementals yeah! (Not a demiplane but too good to pass up.) Just make the elementals possessed roombas.

Also, this list of demiplanes (http://community.wizards.com/forum/other-published-worlds/threads/895526) is probably going to be very helpful.

highlights include demiplane of antimatter, the isle of the ape, demiplane of city, dungeonland, gargantua, demiplane of gold, demiplane of gravity, and lots of others I haven't gone through.

The absolute best I've seen on the list is the demiplane of holes. It's just like in the yellow submarine! you have to use that one!

EDIT: here's some other good ones

Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsa
nodrimypotrimmatosilphio paraomelitokatakechymenokichlepiko ssyphophattoperisteralektryonop tekephalliokigkropeleiolagoiosiraiobaphe
traganoppterygon, demiplane of mirrors, demiplane of electromagnetism, demiplane of numbers, Blood, Grave, Mist, Splacknuck, quasi elemental plane of thorns (thorns are an element!), wormscape (demiplane of worms),

Tommy2255
2014-01-26, 06:33 PM
Semi-Elemental Plane of Ranch Dressing?

Larkas
2014-01-26, 07:09 PM
I quite like the Boundless. It's a very pleasant and beautiful demiplane, somewhere you can go to rest or take the heat off of yourself. At least the first time you go there. The second time you go there, everything's the same, but you can't quite shake off a strange sense of foreboding. No one has ever returned from going there the third time. :smallwink:

Anyways, I recommend taking this to Afroakuma's thread, I'm sure he can furnish you with a few ideas. :smallsmile:

Captnq
2014-01-26, 08:08 PM
How about a demi-plane where they make discount inevitables?
Sort of like china?

ZamielVanWeber
2014-01-26, 08:11 PM
Where is The Boundless from?

XionUnborn01
2014-01-26, 08:25 PM
I've never fully flushed them out but I always was interested in making a set of planes based off of the Lantern Corps.

Demiplane of Hope
Demiplane of Fear
Demiplane of Compassion
Demiplane of Avarice
Demiplane of Will
Demiplane of Rage
Demiplane of Love

And using the positive/negative plane for the planes of life/death

I don't know what kind of things would be there but it would be even more interesting if they were all interconnected somehow.

ZamielVanWeber
2014-01-26, 08:29 PM
Random thought: would The Infinite Staircase count? Specifically its place of happiness. One failed save and you go to a world where you have your heart's desire (or something like that). There is NO return from beyond that door.

Larkas
2014-01-26, 08:34 PM
Where is The Boundless from?

A Guide to the Ethereal Plane (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/17293/A-Guide-to-the-Ethereal-Plane-(2e)).

AuraTwilight
2014-01-26, 09:23 PM
Where's the Demiplane of Awe from? I remember having had it's source once but for the life of me I can't find it again.

unseenmage
2014-01-26, 10:42 PM
I just used the Plane of Mirrors (MotP) yesterday for a one-shot become two-shot.

Was cool because the players were TN and when the mercenary Duskblade's mirror duplicate slew him and the player decided to take up playing his mirror duplicate.

The Chaotic character became Lawful and the Merchant player had a better client for practically the same contract. The Duskblade player decided that becoming functionally immortal (as per the change to Outsider type) was worth the mild shift in alignment.

souridealist
2014-01-27, 06:06 PM
One time I was talking with some other people about how, exactly, things like Summon Monster and Summon Nature's Ally work, flavor-wise: "So, are we creating a new creature, do we teleport it in from somewhere else, or do we just call something from the Elemental Plane of Cows?"

Bonus points: when we looked it up, the answer is in fact that we pull something from the Elemental Demiplane of Cows.

Brookshw
2014-01-27, 06:39 PM
How about a demi-plane where they make discount inevitables?
Sort of like china?

Hmmm,...that sounds really interesting actually. Someone stole a few inevitable forges, can't run them correctly and is making "wrong" inevitables.

/tuck that away in notebook.