PDA

View Full Version : Planar travel question

Solace of Tides
2014-01-26, 10:49 PM
Hello,

In my current campaign, my friends have asked that I play a character with them in the party - since it is just myself and two other players. I chose to play a Cloistered Cleric/2Monk type character who has taken the Vow of Poverty exalted feat. Herein lies my question: is there any legit way to give a VoP character extra turning attempts (without feats/multiclassing) or spells I would have normally been able to cast from scrolls or runestaffs? (I already used the Divine Magician variant option as well).

My mind started to wander towards the idea of possibly the character using some sort of planar binding etc to have some type of celestial or planar force use something along the lines of "imbue spell ability" or w/e. The only thing is I'm not too sure if/how that may work, and if there would be other ways to obtain similar effects without breaking the vow of poverty.

Of course, any other means that you can think of would be greatly appreciated - even if they were insanely complex.

Tommy2255
2014-01-27, 03:38 AM
If you've got VoP, and you don't want to use feats or class features, then I'm not sure what kind of thing you're looking for. I guess a spell, but I don't think there are any that grant you extra turning attempts for the day, because that would be really weird.

Solace of Tides
2014-01-27, 04:11 AM
If you've got VoP, and you don't want to use feats or class features, then I'm not sure what kind of thing you're looking for. I guess a spell, but I don't think there are any that grant you extra turning attempts for the day, because that would be really weird.

Yeah, I was really hoping there was some other way to add another turn undead pool similar to Sacred Exorcist etc without actually taking the class - but figured it was probably a long shot.
Didn't know if there was some type of creature or entity that I could contact and some way or another gain a blessing or some type of limited duration buff.

And yeah, basically the same thing for the spells too. I know Clerics have a spell to imbue one of their spells to another, and thought maybe I could coerce or planar bind something into granting me similar abilities?

Sorry if this is a bit scattered and all over the place...