PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Physical debuffs?

ChaoticDitz
2014-01-27, 01:37 AM
Title says all. Aside from the derpy Hamstring feat that lets Rogues trade some Sneak Attack damage to cut in half an opponent's movement speed, I haven't seen a whole lot of things that melee characters can do to debuff opponents that actual involve physical actions; I mean, sure there's the intimidate skill, and sure there are items, but I wanted to try to find things like, oh, breaking an opponent's leg for stat penalties, or poking their eyes to blind them, or hitting them in certain different ways for other effects... Things like that. Physical methods for debuffing opponents.

No, I don't really care if it would work against a wizard, because wizards are basically immune to everything. I don't want this thread devolving into a magic vs not-magic debate, I just want to know what kind of options there are for this sort of thing. Dragon magazine and WotC-approved 3rd party sources are fine, but no Pathfinder or 3.0 ports.

OldTrees1
2014-01-27, 01:39 AM
Three Mountain[weapon style feat]: Hit foe twice to nauseate (Str based Fort Save DC)

Optimator
2014-01-27, 03:13 AM
Staggering Strike (CAd) is pretty powerful.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-27, 03:36 AM
What do you mean by "no 3.0 ports?"

Anyway, there's the entire line of ambush feats in Complete Scoundrel.

kardar233
2014-01-27, 04:19 AM
There's a whole handbook of these: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235631