PDA

View Full Version : Any good 24 hr Druid spells to extend?

Dugong
2014-01-27, 03:52 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a lvl 9 druid that's picked up a lesser metamagic rod of extend. I originally wanted to use it to extend creeping cold, but the DM has ruled that the damage caps at 3d6 per round :(.

So now I'm thinking to extend some level 1-3 buffs instead, especially the 24 hour ones as thanks to the rod I can effectively have twice as many buffs active.

However the only ones I can think of are:

Primal instinct: (good, +5 initiative, +5 survival)
Primal hunter: (bad, +5 climb, jump and swim)
Endure elements: (bad in this campaign setting, mostly dungeon crawls)
Attune form: (very bad until we start going to different planes)

Are there any others (To be precise, druid spells of levels 1-3 with duration of 24 hours)? I guess if there aren't any I can extend some hour/level buffs (suggestions?) but it's not quite the same.

eggynack
2014-01-27, 04:08 AM
There's really not that much more than that list, if anything. Most of the other 24 hour options come into play later, like superior resistance and energy immunity, as well as the other two primal spells, and probably some other stuff that I'm not going to search for due to its irrelevance. Primal hunter at least isn't quite as bad as you're indicating, due to the synergy bonus with instinct, so it's worth spreading across two days, but you're mostly going to be stuck with hours/level stuff.

Fortunately, there's a lot of those spells, and many of them are quite good. These include snowsight (Frost, 104) + obscuring snow (Frost, 103), snowshoes (SpC, 194), wood wose (SpC, 242), heart of air/water (CM, 106-107), luminous armor (BoED, 102), greater magic fang, scales of the sealord (Storm, 121), and venomfire (SK, 158). It's a reasonable list, I think, though perhaps not exactly what you were seeking.